Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm self pay and researching costs of sleeve in the U.S

I am self-pay (my insurance excludes wls) I had decided on Dr Illan in Mexico, he has a great reputation and reasonable costs. BUT even though he is a good choice I can't help feel I should at least research costs of sleeve in the U.S.

Please if you are self-pay and had your sleeve surgery in the U.S can you tell me costs etc ?

Thank you !!

12,200 Dallas Tx with Dr Nicholson very pleased

Ditto!

Bargain at twice the price!

$18,750 Neenah, WI

Midwest Bariatrics

Prior to my wife putting her foot down that I had to do it locally I had selected Dr. Ariel Ortiz at OCC or Dr. Alberto Aceves in Mexicali. Both were excellent in track records. So I was forced to spend about $13-14K extra.....MEH

$18,034 with Dr. Hugh Houston at Centennial in Nashville. Phenomenal experience. Top notch all around. Literally could not have asked for better! He is the king of making sure his patients are well taken care of. I had zero gas pain, no nausea, no vomiting. Nurses at Centennial pampered me. Would recommend to anyone!

Dr Weaver in Denver, CO.

I too will be self-pay, in the Seattle, WA area bariatric specialty clinics are trending around $18-19,000 and the local hospitals are around $22,000.

I too will be self-pay, in the Seattle, WA area bariatric specialty clinics are trending around $18-19,000 and the local hospitals are around $22,000.

Wow! Pricy compared to my area but I am willing to bet when all is said and done and you are a year out and so much lighter, you will think it was a bargain at twice the price! I know I do!

Good luck!

Washington is ridiculous. That's why I'm going to Denver. I saved 7000.00 by doing that when I had my band done. I will be going to Dr. Weaver for my revision if things work out. He charges a fraction of what you've listed here.

Washington is ridiculous. That's why I'm going to Denver. I saved 7000.00 by doing that when I had my band done. I will be going to Dr. Weaver for my revision if things work out. He charges a fraction of what you've listed here.

Thanks for the tip, I will check that out as an option!

Just had surgery done 4 days ago and was self pay at puget sound surgical. 16k. Worth it! 2 year program. Will save that in less than 2 yers based on lifestyle change.

Just had surgery done 4 days ago and was self pay at puget sound surgical. 16k. Worth it! 2 year program. Will save that in less than 2 yers based on lifestyle change.

Thanks Ginabo, I will check my list, I may have passed over Puget Sound due to some other feedback, but I will double check my notes and give them a call. Three other locations were $18k or higher. ..

I'm traveling to Edmond, OK. It will be 10k for self pay cash ( or credit card). If you finance thru care credit, I believe it's an extra 1k. I live near Chicago so I'll be staying a week in a hotel room out there as well and that is 400. airline Tickets I used reward points so it was only 10 for my mom and I :)

Oh local self pay by me was 26k. That's why I looked into alternatives! The clinic I chose has amazing reviews-- especially my surgeon dr. Walton. This is at WeightWise

Luckily my insurance paid for the surgery, but I was quoted the following (back in 2012) with Dr. Floch in Connecticut:

The fees for the self pay surgeries are below.

Norwalk Hospital- gastric band total = $18,950.00

Hospital fee= $10,000.00

Anesthesia fee= $1350.00

Surgeon fee= $7,600.00

St. Vincent’s- gastric sleeve total= $26,500.00

Hospital fee= $16,200.00

Anesthesia fee= $1800.00

Surgeon fee= $8,500.00

Best of luck on your decision!!