Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! Almost one month post op and only down 9 pounds.

Is anyone going through what I'm going through. Any pointers would help. Yeah, yeah i spoke to my nutrition and he said to keep drinking Water and walk 30 minutes a day and i do. Any idea will help.

9 lbs/mo with any WLS is awesome.

Maybe after a year or two.

I know everyone is different and I don't know how much you have to lose or what you eat during the day but in the first month, my opinion is that's a little slow but it's not without victory still and it is something to be proud of. Some peoples bodies take a little more time releasing the fat. You're definitely not the only person here who struggles with slower weight loss. The good thing is, you're going in the right direction.

Really...

Considering you lost 13 lbs on your 2 week liquid diet and 9 lbs since, that's 22 lbs in 30 days. Not bad and imo, incredible.

tmf

Linda

If you start off weighing less when you had your surgery, you are not going to have a big bang loss like others. If you are a revision patient, most times this is true. One of the worst things you can do is compare yourself to others. It can cause you to be disappointed in your own accomplishments.

Here is a link to why comparison is bad for you, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/daniela-tempesta-lcsw/comparing-yourself_b_4441288.html?utm_hp_ref=fb&ir=GPS+for+the+Soul&src=sp&comm_ref=false

There are several others throughout this site. This site will let you see what % of you excess weight loss you have lost which puts this in perspective to your starting weight. http://bea.amaya.com/PercentEWL.html

I have lost 27.5 pounds and am 8 weeks out. If you compare my weight to others, I am far behind others. I don't worry because I started at a BMI of 35. According to the calculator I am currently have lost 37% of my excess weight loss.

Also, if you did measurements before your surgery, take them and see how many inches you have lost. If you did not take measurements yet, do so now, so you have another benchmark for comparison when the scale does not seem to be moving.

if yu are not happy with a 9 pound loss, then there is nothing i can say except that wont happen often.....enjoy it while you have it..and realize a loss is a loss.......whichever wls one has.....and losing inches means you are losing weight no matter what the scale says or doesnt say to your liking.

Keep in mind that if you were on supervised weight loss prior to you surgery, like may of us, than it is going to be a little slower weight loss. I was on 1200 calories a day for 6 months and a week prior to surgery a liquid Protein fast. Now, 500 calories a day. That is a deficit of 700 calories a day X's 7 days in a week= 4900 calories week deficit. Exercise will help my numbers but I am looking at 1 1/2 pounds loss a week. Slowly but surely I will win this battle. Stay the course and only weigh yourself once a week.

Maybe after a year or two.

I beg to differ with you endless80. Nine pounds a month is a great rate of loss. I am 7 months out and 98 pounds down. I lost 20 pounds during my month long pre-op so I am averaging about 10 pounds a month. I am now 16 pounds away from goal and I'm thrilled every moment of every day.

I consider myself neither struggling nor a slow loser.

Edited by LipstickLady

I'm four months out and in the last three months I've averaged "only" 8 lbs a month. Sure I wish it were faster, but the fact is, I'm still down 50 lbs counting pre-op and the first months. It all adds up.

If I could lose 9 pounds in a month I wouldn't even be considering WLS! I think 9 lbs is great, congrats!

excuse me, but 9 pounds (or any weight loss (or inches which i love/prefer) is a bang.........

Thanks for replying. I know there will be better days. Just thought the first month would be a bang