Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jan 13, 2014 Sleeved Friends

Oh I'm having such a hard time with the Protein Shakes getting down! I do like oh yeah but some days I can't get the 2 whole shakes down.

We had friends over for the Super Bowl and I had the 7 layer dip. Well really mainly the retried Beans and some of the cheese. It was so yummy! The 1st thing I've liked since I have started purée.

I've lost 24 pounds as of today. My PA says I need more calories to feel better. It's like a full time job between trying to get the Water, calories and Protein. I'm thinking of making some green smoothies and adding protein in them for something different.

I completely agree. It's definitely a challenge getting the fluids and Protein in. My abdomen was hurting and felt knotted, so I took a laxative just to see if it'll work... Well I obviously was constipated. I feel much better now. Guess I need to increase my fluids and add some Metamucil or something.

Dlm - congrats on your weight loss so far. I tried and loved refried Beans too. The Protein Shakes I originally bought don't taste that good to me anymore either.

Welcome MsMitch!

I had my 3 week check-up today, and had lost another 5.8, which brings my post-op loss to 14.8. Total loss is 33.8. Not too bad since the scales stayed in one place for SIX days!

The doc gave me permission to stop crushing my meds, and to give up the chewable vitamins for regular ones. Whoot! I had to promise to cut my big Calcium tablet in half, though.

I just have to say, I LOVE my sleeve!

Hello everyone. I think we all must have hit that same stall for a week. I had my 3 week post op doctor visit yesterday too. I've lost 28.5 lbs.

My doctor recommended Benefiber and I've been putting it into my morning shake and it has solved my problems.

I totally agree with taste changing. I didn't really like the Pure Protein ready made shakes before surgery and now I think they are the best. I'm not thrilled anymore with the fruit flavored powders I bought ahead of time.

I've been using the unflavored powder (since I had to use it on clear liquid days), almond milk, some cocoa and some PB2 for my morning shake...adding in the benefiber.

I started soft foods this week, and it's nice to eat something with texture. I made a pot of chili from a recipe given me by my NUT. Now I have tons of that in the freezer. It takes a LONG TIME to eat a whole pot of chili at 1/4 cup servings!!! So I've tried hamburger this week and am going to put some chicken thighs in a crock pot tomorrow morning to let them really cook down til they get soft.

Girls, I too like the fat free refried Beans with some lowfat cheese melted on top. I also had a scrambled egg on Sunday and I mixed in one of those Laughing Cow light cheese wedges (35 cal.) which made it a lot moister.

And yes, you are all so right about this being a full time job, getting in your protein, drinking Water, and not drinking 1/2 hour before or after eating, taking your Vitamins 3 times a day.

Great job! Hazel :) 28 lbs down!

Well ladies...

Im not doing so good....

I keep vomiting a lot....well I actually induced the vomit...because food stays stuck in my esophagus and it wont pass to my stomach, sometimes even my own saliva stays stucks for hours and then i just have to make myself vomit, I don't feel pain, but is very uncomfortable....I don't know what happen cuz I was eating softs foods already and now I cant...plus I spit all the time, like 10 times a minute...

I call the Dr. and he said to go see him right away...tomorrow they going to do an upper GI study...

My Dr. thinks scar tissue has formed inside my esophagus...and if that is the case, they will have to do an endoscopy to dilate and maybe trim inside my esophagus..

In the worst case esenario, if after 2 endoscopy the dilation doesnt work...they will have to convert my sleeve to a rny bypass...Yikes!!

But I have to say something..I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!! I have lost 32 lbs... And Do Not regret this surgery at all..( to whoever read this post in the future, please dont get discouraged by this post, this is only a liitle rock on the way of my journey).

Now im thinking if I should go to the ER...I was feeling weak this morning..but now I have throw up twice since I got home...a few sips of Water ugh!!

Ladies..should I go to the ER or just wait for the appointment at 9 am tomorrow?

Thanks for reading, ladies.

I remember having those issues with my band, but have not had my sleeve long enough to have that experience.

Two things my doctor would tell me are the each time I would vomit, I would irritate my stomach which would cause it slight inflammation and upset. The more we fight it, the worse it gets.

The second thing mentioned is that if there is an acid taste when I vomit it could be a larger issue.

In your case, if you feel alright and are able to comfortably survive the night (even if you can't get food down), it might be best to wait. I say that only because they would likely help treat you until you could get in to see your regular doctor tomorrow.

However, if you feel that there is something else going on... definitely take yourself to the ER!!

Please let us know how you are feeling and what you learn.

Very best to you! :)

Thank you, msmitch

I don't feel or taste acid at all...

I will stay home...and im going to sip some tea, that's the only thing that goes down.

MJM, be sure and let us know how it goes tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you!

Yay for all of you with nice losses! I am wearing some clothes I had stashed in the closet from slimmer days, and it feels great! Don't you just love being on the Losers' Bench?

Wanted to mention, I added a small Almond Joy coffee flavor pod to my chocolate Protein Shake today. YUM!!

Edited by TooFluffy

MJM please be sure to keep us updated. I will pray that everything goes good tomorrow.

I would thing that it would be to soon to scar tissue but what do I know.

I'm having a terrible time drinking my Protein Shakes, I have 2 sips and feel gross. Not sure what to do about that. I did make sugar free puddings and added Protein Powder to them. The problem is they are so small that I know I'm not getting much Protein in them. I did buy some yogurt and laughing cow tonight maybe tomorrow will be better!

Thank you, ladies..

So I went for the upper gi test....bad news..my stomach is literally cut in half by scar tissue..I saw my stomach on the screen n when they told me to drink some thick white liquid..it literally stays in the upper part....

so I just got to the ER....no iv yet....

And waiting to see a Dr. to ask him to call my surgeon......I Call his office but he was not there..

but am at the same hospital were he is...maybe he is in surgery...

I have an appt with him tomorrow at 9 am....but I wont be able to be at home dehydrated n not able to drink anything either...

but I know God is with me and He always have everything under control...

and because I dont like being negative...I still cant believe, I dont have diabetes anymore...blood sugar test 81 yayy...I praise God for that!! :)

I will update later...

Thanks for reading again.

MJM, well at least now you know what's wrong. Since you posted several hours ago, I'm hoping you've seen your surgeon by now. I'm glad you're staying positive. You are right, God is in control, and you will be fine. I'm sending prayers to you. ((Hug)) Curious whether the doc can fix your sleeve, or do an rny bypass. Regardless, it will all work out. A big YAY for no more diabetes!

MJM please be sure to keep us updated. I will pray that everything goes good tomorrow.

I would thing that it would be to soon to scar tissue but what do I know.

I'm having a terrible time drinking my Protein Shakes, I have 2 sips and feel gross. Not sure what to do about that. I did make sugar free puddings and added Protein powder to them. The problem is they are so small that I know I'm not getting much protein in them. I did buy some yogurt and laughing cow tonight maybe tomorrow will be better!

I buy Premier Protein shakes at SAMs club, and they are pretty good. I add some cinnamon to the vanilla ones, then they taste like snicker doodles. A tsp. of Peanut Butter, or one of those Almond Joy pods from the coffee creamer section at the grocery store makes the chocolate ones better. Besides the foods you mentioned, you can also add unflavored protein powder to Soup, and it's pretty good. Tomato is my favorite. Good luck!

Thank you so much, too fluffy, I really need those prayers right now...

I been admitted to Hospital m saw the surgeon, who is doing everything on his power to arrange an endoscopy to insert a tube in my stomach, n leave it there for a few days/weeks to see if my stomach gets the new form n stays wider..

Im loving my IV Fluids...yumm :)

MJM, im soooooo sorry to hear that! I'll be saying a prayer for you tonight. I hope everything goes well and wish you a speedy recovery.