Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jan 13, 2014 Sleeved Friends

Thank you so much, dlm59....

tomorrow im going to GNC to exchange strawberry flavor for unflavored, and mixed it with anything I can..

I also went online, to Vitamin Shoppe, and saw all the excellent reviews for oh yeah shakes, im going to try those...I also will check for Unjury powder

Thank you for taking the time to respond :)

MJM- try mixing your flavored Protein with plain or vanilla yogurt. Also, try freezing them then eat them like a slushie!

Thank you for the more ideas, MaziD.

I'm still having intense pain too! It's more like a pulling/sharp pain - on the left side of my abdomen. I've been trying to not take the percocets but they really help. At my follow up appt 2 days ago, the NP said im probably developing scar tissue and the pain should resolve in a week or so. Hurts more when moving - getting out of bed, chair-to-standing, etc. Started puréed, tried chicken/bean Soup, stomach didn't like. Had tuna today, it was better. But was only able to get in about an ounce or two. I get full soooooo fast!

How's everyone else doing?!!

Hello ladies,

I want to thank dlm59 n MaziD..again! For all the tips you guys gave me, im getting in almost 70 grams of Protein like Water, I love plain water.

Today was my po appt, n Dr. said everything looks great! Thank God! :)

SD=272

PO appt (today)=254

18 lbs off in 11 days.

I will keep weighing myself only every monday.

I hope im out of the 50 s by monday. :)

Thank you, Jesus!

Oh forgot to write, the Dr. said no gym :( yet

Just walking around the house n outside, not even treadmill...

He also said that the pulling sharp pain feeling on my right side, is probably scar tissue forming, n that it will go away in a few days or weeks.

Oh forgot to write, the Dr. said no gym :( yet<br> Just walking around the house n outside, not even treadmill...<br> He also said that the pulling sharp pain feeling on my right side, is probably scar tissue forming, n that it will go away in a few days or weeks.

Yay for awesome post op!

I had my sleeve on 1/13/14 and feel great. I am 56 married with 2 adult daughters. Since Christmas I have lost 30 pounds!! Looking forward to starting puree foods!

Forgot to add- doing a lot of walking, around 7000 steps per day and I can only do treadmill at the gym for now. I see the surgeon again in 3 weeks. I go back to work on Monday = I work at a computer, can hardly wait because going stir crazy at home.

I had my sleeve on 1/13/14 and feel great. I am 56 married with 2 adult daughters. Since Christmas I have lost 30 pounds!! Looking forward to starting puree foods!

Week 3 Weigh in!

Down 4 lbs last week, total of 18 since surgery. Not getting all the Protein in yet, but I'm progressing...

How's everyone else?

Tomorrow I go for my follow up. I forgot to check the scale! I'm still not able to do much without pain on my side and slight shortness of breath. Looking forward to appointment tomorrow.

I'm liking yogurt! Can't find whipped cottage cheese in the stores lol I tried whipping it myself and it turned to soup! Oh well.

Hello...

Im not feeling the burning pulling pain as often as before...

Diabetes disappear by the time I came out of the hospital, thank God.

High blood pressure was the number one reason I had this surgery...and im having a hard time believing that today for the first time un 12 yrs, I didn't took my blood pressure medication, it just stays low, I keep monitoring My bp all this weekend, cuz I was feeling really weak, dizzy n nauseous, n I thought, oh no my bp has to be high, n when I took it it was really low, I think my body is trying to adjust to everything that is going on.....I made and appt with my cardiologist today, to make sure, that is okay for me to leave the medication now..

On another note....is anybody here, will be trying to conceive in a 1 or 2 years??

My surgeon told me I can start trying un 8 months :)

Dlm - I bought fat free cottage cheese. Gonna try it today! My pain is less, but I still feeling pulling sometimes!

Mjm- I'm sorry you've been feeling sick. I'm think it's a good idea to see your cardiologist!!!! Hve you been getting your fluids in? You could be dehydrated and that's why your bp is low!!!! I how they give you some good news. Please feel better!

I probably will start trying to conceive my first child in a 2 years or so... I'm 26 so I have some time and I was told to wait until my weight stabilized!!!! 8 months seems sooooo soon??!!