Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What to Pack for Hospital? Bander

I have seen the long list for bypass/sleevers on what to pack for the hospital. However, sometimes a bander doesn't stay overnight in the hospital. What do you pack? What is suggested?

I didn't stay overnight so I just brought my tablet, ins card and drivers license, medication list, Chapstick and wore comfy clothes with warm socks.

i had planned on a 2 day stay, because i thought i was having a by pass. to many adhesions and scar tissue connected to my intestine prevented me from having it. but i am happier than anyone could be with the band. i think it all depends what other diseases you may have what you may want at the hospital. i wore the clothes i wore home to the hospital. i wore a sundress and sandels since it was the beginning of summer. my underwear didn't fit over my enlarged gas filled belly so if you have a larger size underwear or go commando :P might be helpful. i also wanted a fan. i needed the fresh air. i finally purchased one from the gift shop at the hospital. or my daughter did for me. take some single glass size of crystal light. i appreciated the taste of fruit. and as awhitmire said. all of hers was good. have a great surgery, hope all goes well and your recovery is speedy. oh oh a pad of paper to write questions for your surgeon if you are staying overnight. write your questions down so you don't forget

I took comfortable slip on shoes, and slippers, too! My hospital gave us robes because it was some kind of specail thing going on. If I were you, i would bring a robe for walking around the hospital, since you want to walk as much as you can. I would bring/wear stretch waist pants, like sweats, and a big comfortable shirt. You probably won't feel like wearing most bras, so a sports bra, too! Best wishes on your hospital time! Karen..aka.kll724

I also brought my own Water from home (don't like the city water) for my sleep machine (had to bring that) and a few teabags I was glad for the next morning.....flip flop sandals for walking up and down the hallways, robe....did not read the book I brought or write in my journal but I had them with me. Good luck to you -- very exciting time!

I would also suggest a small pillow for getting in/out of car and incase there are any bumps in the road on the way home. I found this very helpful. I stayed overnight so took my toothbrush/toothpaste.

I only took toiletries the rest I just put back on the day I went home. You need to rest during that time if you have to stay and forget about the internet world focus on yourself and being comfortable.

I was outpatient, but I took a tote bag with a few necessities, just in case something went awry and I ended up having to be transported to a hospital and staying overnight or longer. I believe in being prepared. :D I wore soft, oversized jammies, since it was November. and can be chilly that early in the morning, even in the Phoenix area. The bottoms have a roll down waistband so that they stayed out of the way of incisions and the top was big and covered me so I could freeboob it so I could skip my bra, for the ride home, after. I wore slip on slippers and no socks, since I didn't want to wrestle with them, right after surgery.

In my tote, I had all of my paperwork, lip balm, my phone, it's charger, earbuds. I had a book, a clean pair of undies, a sample bottle of body wash, samples of Shampoo, conditioner. I brought facial cleanser, moisturizer, eye cream, my hair brush, a comb, hair tie, a Ficcare, hand lotion, a nail file. I had my wallet, with my insurance card, ID, some cash, my debit card. My husband babysat my bag when it wasn't with me.

I didn't need the stuff in my bag, except for my lip balm, which I was slathering on right up until they wheeled me into the OR. Boy, did my lips ever thank me, too! :D And my hand lotion, which I slathered on, in the ride home. Surgery dries you out! I also had a bottle of fancy drinking Water I had left in the car to come to room temp while I was having my operation and I sipped it on the ride home to rehydrate. :)

I had a three-night stay in the hospital. In addition to the normal stuff, the most helpful items for me were:

-A printout of my reasons for doing this surgery. I used this to meditate on the night prior to the operation.

-A really good book (I read "Swamplandia!" and it was great). I needed something I could doze off and on to. You'll be sleeping off the anesthetic after the surgery

-Moisturizer and chapstick...hospital air is really dry

-Slippers.

-Loose sweatpants. You won't want anything tight touching your incision areas.

i stayed overnight...it was summer.....so wore a easy on/off sun dress, sweater

flip flops..i wore the sexy backless hospital gown they gave me...whooooeee

i also brought my beloved chap stick and my ole man :)