Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm having a bit of a tough time

@scarlett I could have written the first half of your post. I'm 5 days post op and can't wait to see the surgery benefits.

GREAT thread!!!!!

I believe we can trap and contain our fat brain. But "Skippy", my fat brain is tricly and vigalent, and is waiting every day with "why not", and "just a bit" and "this is no fun", and who's watching"...

Every day. So I just keep on keeping on...

Arts, please keep Skippy under control, he is starting to visit and talk to me too.

Skippy is a complete pain in the butt. Don't give him an inch... he wants a mile.

Skippy is a complete pain in the butt. Don't give him an inch... he wants a mile.

Can't you ground him or put him on time out? When he does visit do you at least get frequent flyer miles? LOL

Can't you ground him or put him on time out? When he does visit do you at least get frequent flyer miles? LOL

Well, he is usually under control. Unless I eat sugar or simple carbs. If I do, Skippy is whispering incessently for days and days!

Still catching up on threads from the holidays....

GG sounds like you are getting burned out with the drudge of weight loss. Maybe it's time to go on auto pilot for a few days, sticking with foods you know are well within plan so you don't have to think about them much and then do something new. Something that would have been hard at your heavier weight. Ride a roller coaster, buckle in the airplane seat, squeeze in the little empty spot on the beach bench. Read a new book, watch a movie.

Maintenance can be a drudge too.

Lynda

Still catching up on threads from the holidays.... GG sounds like you are getting burned out with the drudge of weight loss. Maybe it's time to go on auto pilot for a few days, sticking with foods you know are well within plan so you don't have to think about them much and then do something new. Something that would have been hard at your heavier weight. Ride a roller coaster, buckle in the airplane seat, squeeze in the little empty spot on the beach bench. Read a new book, watch a movie. Maintenance can be a drudge too. Lynda

I think you're right Lynda. I'm also overthinking it and not eating enough. May just need it listen to my hunger signals again and eat sleeve friendly foods when hungry, and just not worry about it for a few days. My Christmas present to myself maybe :)

GG, you have really given a lot of time to these forums. You have posted recipes and thought-provoking threads and great replies. It must be tough not to be visibly (the scale) successful every week. If you are like me, you want to do this "right". It is part of your identity. But I think we need to realize that as long as we are doing our best, including all our other commitments in life, we are doing great.

I think this is also why the percentage of vets who stick around is low. I am a bit of an internet person. I used to spend heaps of time on a trumpet forum (I play). All that trumpet forum is spent on BP now. I miss that other forum but I don't have time for both. Sometimes I do get bored and want to just live my life. But I need this place to keep me aware that I'm a sleever.

Not sure what I'm saying but your post resonated with me. To be honest it is good to see that you have down moments too (though I hope they are few and far between)!

Skippy sounds like my 14 year old daughter.

Oh my goodness, Skippy is not THAT mean and fickle and capricious!!!

Hey now. My 14 year old is not mean. But she can be bitchy, nagging, and implacable.

Hey now. My 14 year old is not mean. But she can be bitchy, nagging, and implacable.

That describes all of us at times. The word I use is naginator.

I raised two boys, then raised two girls. The boys in adolescence were sweaty, smelly, messy and they could eat anything ANYtime time and had a great propensity for stoopid decisions.

The girls were self-absorbed and had an amazing ability to be shocked at how stoopd their parents (especially Mum) could be.

But we survived (barely) and all 4 kids turned out OK.

Now my goal is to turn THEIR children into creatures that GROW UP JUST LIKE THEY DID. That'll fix my children.

I am about to write something awful. I am slightly scared of a possible backlash, but......

After years of dieting and being hyper focused on food, I have made a conscious decision to not do that this time around.

Where I had been successful with dieting and logging my food, I do not do that now. I don't want to think about food that much again!

I don't want to name my sleeve because, again, I don't want to give "dieting" so much attention (I'm ignoring that b***ch).

I don't talk about my surgery (I ignore that guy,too)

I just am living my life, making good choices.

It is not my goal nor my intention to be an athlete, a paleo/clean/vegan/gluten free eater.

Disclaimer: this is what works for ME. You all do what's best for YOU. AND, I like reading about guys like skippy and gals like Ursula.

I guess what I am trying to say is, don't think so much about food and weight loss. Cut yourself some slack. I know you would be sorely missed, but, take a break from this forum.

As a host, I wonder if you are internalizing not only your own issues, but others issues as we'll?

Because you seem nice like that.