Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

wheat, carbs my dr said NO, NO!

I think you may be being overly sensitive. I wasn't tearing anyone down. But what you said seemed a little counter intuitive. If you didn't become overweight by over eating, how did it happen? And why have a surgery that makes over eating difficult if over eating was not the problem?

I'm not being non supportive I'm simply puzzled and asking a question.

Butterthebean... you shouldn't be puzzled. Your right the way you and I see things is just that. I never been a big eater what I consume now I ate just a little more than that before the surgery. My food intake has never been huge. Example if I was to order a 10 piece hot wings 6-7 goes to the trash. (Butterthebean) not overly sensitive to this at all maybe a love story that ends with a happy ending or the little girl that fell in the well that was saved yea that maybe. I see alot of threads were most feel their experts. One is here because we are have or will be going through the same thing; but you always find a smarty pants! Its ok...

Clearly there is a miscommunication here. I was only saying I was puzzled because we all got fat from eating more calories than our body could process. To me that is the definition of over eating. The amount you ate may be different than the amount I ate, but it was still too many calories.

Clearly you may define over eating differently than I do. You may not have been a huge eater in terms of volume of food. But with the crappy high calorie fast foods and processed foods available today (like hot wings) it's easy to get fat without being a big eater. We can still take in way too many calories and get fat.

Clearly there is a miscommunication here. I was only saying I was puzzled because we all got fat from eating more calories than our body could process. To me that is the definition of over eating. The amount you ate may be different than the amount I ate, but it was still too many calories.

Clearly you may define over eating differently than I do. You may not have been a huge eater in terms of volume of food. But with the crappy high calorie fast foods and processed foods available today (like hot wings) it's easy to get fat without being a big eater. We can still take in way too many calories and get fat.

Ok Butterthebean we are was FAT ASSES wings were an example may had those once a month. Lol....

post-199768-0-49818400-1388507352_thumb.jpeg

[ATTACH]39406[/ATTACH]

People don't always get over weight by eating! You may have...I'm really not understanding this group thought it was support; but I see some on here try and tear others down. "Typo"you think. I know my situation. Its ok if you don't agree really it is. I could go on but I will stop here for this is not the place for it.

My apologies. I sincerely thought it must have been a typo and was teasing to be funny, not hurtful in any way.

That being said, if a person is overweight it's a result of calories in versus calories out....overeating. You are right that there are other ways to become overweight, such as drastic hormone imbalances or certain drugs that cause weight gain. But those reasons don't land you on a WLS forum.

Ok Butterthebean we are was FAT ASSES wings were an example may had those once a month. Lol....

attachicon.gif:

[ATTACH]39406[/ATTACH]

Let's back up a bit, if you don't mind?

First of all, I don't understand what you typed here, could you explain, please?

Second, could you explain how you became overweight if not by eating?

Maybe there is a disconnect here that we can fix to get on the same page.

Rude.

Why all the sarcasm? You clearly want to separate yourself from the rest of us pigs. Okay fine. Then just simply answer my original question. What made you fat if it was not eating too much?

love this attachment!!!

post-199768-0-49818400-1388507352_thumb.

And there is some thought that for SOME folks an equal amount of sugar/simple carbs calories are "more fattening" than the same number of calories of Proteins and fats...

But I don't understand this yet.

love this attachment!!! <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' class="" href='http://www.bariatricpal.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=39406' title="IMG_237577766973010.jpeg - Size: 62.85K, Downloads: 0"></a> And there is some thought that for SOME folks an equal amount of sugar/simple carbs calories are "more fattening" than the same number of calories of Proteins and fats... But I don't understand this yet.

Arts....read the book "why we get fat"

Or watch the movie Fathead. They both explain it. But in very simple terms....the simple carbs create an insulin response which inhibits our ability to break down body fat and increases our ability to store body fat. Which leads to more fat storage, less fuel for energy....which itself leads to more hunger (which starts the process all over again).

Thanks Butter!!!

And this is why you should butter your Beans, too. It lowers the glycemic index.

At least, I think that's where the name came from...

And this is why you should butter your Beans, too. It lowers the glycemic index. At least, I think that's where the name came from...

LOL...sounds like a good explanation to me.

Calories in/out is just one theory and actually doesn't have a lot of science behind it, despite that people are always saying it. I am convinced that a big reason bariatric surgery works is that it drastically raises Protein and cuts carbs, while increasing the feeling of satiety. That is a lot of mechanisms working together. You can cause your surgery to fail by reducing your protein and increasing your carbs to pre-surgery ratios. In fact that is pretty much the only way to manage to eat a lot of calories with the sleeve.

Calories in/out is just one theory and actually doesn't have a lot of science behind it, despite that people are always saying it. I am convinced that a big reason bariatric surgery works is that it drastically raises Protein and cuts carbs, while increasing the feeling of satiety. That is a lot of mechanisms working together. You can cause your surgery to fail by reducing your Protein and increasing your carbs to pre-surgery ratios. In fact that is pretty much the only way to manage to eat a lot of calories with the sleeve.

I don't necessarily disagree with that, but calories in/calories out IS a fair tool when it comes to broad judgements for the cause of weight loss or gain. It's at least as accurate as the BMI is for measuring overall health. That's not saying much, but it seems to be the barometer in WLS World.

I agree 100% that high protein and low carbs is key for weight loss. I've seen it work too many times in both WLS clients as well as non-WLS clients. Barring certain extreme medical conditions, high protein certainly never hurts.

My doc says stay away from the 4 W's:

1. White rice

2. White flour/bread

3. White sugar

4. White Pasta