Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

? For VETS.. Have you lost after the honey moon phase?

I was sleeved 2-5-13. SW 307 CW 225. Goal 160. I'm starting to find it harder to lose. A normal day for me is B-Fast egg 2 turkey bacon or Protein Shake. Well today will be chilli and maybe same for dinner. With that being under a cup. I've tried talking to my surgeon about my concerns on my loss and he recommended diet pills. Well I feel that I didn't have surgery to take no durn diet pills. I am still on synthroid for my thyroids. Just want to know if any of you were still able to lose??

I lost about 100# the first 6 months

It took the next 8 months to lose the next 50#

I maintained the 150# for 6-7 months before losing the final 10#

I now maintain 160# loss.

Diet pills? No way. That is crazy.

Are you exercising? I joined the gym at about 7 months and my weight loss as continued to be pretty study. I started at 278 am now 142 - 14 months out.

If you aren't exercising vigorously and getting enough calories that definitely could be it.

At 10 months I was about 800 to 900 calories per day and exercising 4 days per week for an hour. You may need to up your calories. I know it is scary to think of adding calories but it definitely is necessary and you WILL still lose. Enjoy the journey while you are at it and remember this is for a lifetime so going slow is okay. '

Good luck, and you CAN and WILL do it!!

Thanks ladies!!! While I was able to excersise in the last month I injured my knee so nothing for the next 6 weeks or so. I have played with my calories which is pretty scary! I have been yo-yo'ng these same 6 pounds for about 2 months. And still have about 60 I would like to loose. I'm just wondering how with no excercisin? Should I just lower my intake back to 800?

Have you lost after the honey moon phase?

Yes!!!! :)

? For VETS..

kindof like being married

my first 6 months were totalllly terrific :)

then i had to work alittle harder for all to continue great :)

but.....things "usually ;) )worked out, and i don't regret anything :)

DH reading over my shoulder :o :lol:

83.9 lbs down :rolleyes:

keep up the good job (i know you will :) )

kathy

congrats

Edited by proudgrammy

Yes!!!! :) kindof like being married my first 6 months were totalllly terrific :) the next 21 years were the same :) somewhere between marriage and/or losing weight - 6 months where kindof iffy :lol: DH reading over my shoulder :o:lol: (but still good results :lol: - with many more years to come (marriage & weight!) 83.9 lbs down :o keep up the good job (i know you will :) ) kathy congrats

Lol!!! Thanks it's good to know.. Yes it is like being married! Hard!! But do-able.. With a lot of twist n turns.. At least in my case ( marriage & weight loss).. Thanks!

Hi all,

So my SW 267 CW 173. My Surgeon's goal 170lbs but my goal is 150.

But Yes, I have lost after the 6 months. It has been slow but surely. I have confidence that I'll get to goal if I work hard. I've been planning to try the 5:2

Diet as well. I Ike the analogy by proudgrammy it's " Like a marriage"

I say go back to basis and do even more to keep it going. Lol

Edited by Ballermom

Hi all, So my SW 267 CW 173. My Surgeon's goal 170lbs but my goal is 150. But Yes, I have lost after the 6 months. It has been slow but surely. I have confidence that I'll get to goal if I work hard. I've been planning to try the 5:2 Diet as well. " Like a marriage" add something good to keep it going. Lol

I like!

Hi all, So my SW 267 CW 173. My Surgeon's goal 170lbs but my goal is 150. But Yes, I have lost after the 6 months. It has been slow but surely. I have confidence that I'll get to goal if I work hard. I've been planning to try the 5:2 Diet as well. " Like a marriage" add something good to keep it going. Lol

I like that!

First - you have lost 82 lbs in less than a year....congratulations! My surgery was on 2/4/13 so about the same time as yours.

I have been exercising pretty consistently since May. But like you, the scale is "stuck" and has been for the last 6-8 weeks. It's fine, but sort of discouraging as I am so focused on getting to my personal weight goal. However, during this time my measurements have continued to go down! Even though the scale has stayed the same, I am still getting smaller. Have you compared your measurements lately? The scale may be the same, but maybe you are still losing inches?

A couple questions: have you had your thyroid checked? Are you able to stationary bike? (Years ago, that was part of my knee rehab).

If you aren't hungry and your diet isn't bad, I think the diet pill idea is "iffy" at best. My suggestion is to change something up. Add some type of exercise, etc. Or perhaps as CowgirlJane mentions, this is part of the natural evolution of a sleeve patient?

All I know is that I am in the same "stall" as you. Good luck my friend!

With any weight loss its always harder to lose the closer you are to goal. Its tougher after honeymoon phase, but very doable with a decent lifestyle change NOT diet pills. . Thats idiotic and getting back to the unhealthy rut we all want to leave in the past

First - you have lost 82 lbs in less than a year....congratulations! My surgery was on 2/4/13 so about the same time as yours. I have been exercising pretty consistently since May. But like you, the scale is "stuck" and has been for the last 6-8 weeks. It's fine, but sort of discouraging as I am so focused on getting to my personal weight goal. However, during this time my measurements have continued to go down! Even though the scale has stayed the same, I am still getting smaller. Have you compared your measurements lately? The scale may be the same, but maybe you are still losing inches? A couple questions: have you had your thyroid checked? Are you able to stationary bike? (Years ago, that was part of my knee rehab). If you aren't hungry and your diet isn't bad, I think the diet pill idea is "iffy" at best. My suggestion is to change something up. Add some type of exercise, etc. Or perhaps as CowgirlJane mentions, this is part of the natural evolution of a sleeve patient? All I know is that I am in the same "stall" as you. Good luck my friend!

Thanks! To answer some of your questions... 1. Not as of late... I have an appointment coming up in a few weeks. 2. I don't own a bike but I do have an elliptical. As per doc he doesn't want much bearing on that knee. I'm not hungry per say on days I didn't excersise. I love my dance classes... I hate my elliptical it got boring real quick. I used it when I first started out. Now that I don't get out of breath so quick I love to dance.. 3. Yes I am still losing inches.. Not as much as earlier but I am still losing..

Oh good! If you are still losing inches, you are definitely on track! Damn the scale....

Oh good! If you are still losing inches, you are definitely on track! Damn the scale....

Ok I will try it! Lol

I lost 156 lbs in the first year. I've now lost 26 more pounds 4 months later. I'm working now on not losing anymore.