Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starving on this 2 week liquid

How can i still be alive in 2 weeks on liquids! I am about to eat the wallpaper!

I have no advice but this post made me giggle! Lol :) hope it gets better soon

How can i still be alive in 2 weeks on liquids! I am about to eat the wallpaper!

What does your two weeks consist of?

I am going crazy too, all I do is think of food LOL, but second day I been good with the shakes and Water only

If you scrunch up the wallpaper and place it in a blender this might be a mushie or a puree and then you'd have the Fiber too.

Yes, it can suck. I feel that way too. Surgery Dec 24 - on liquids now.

Keep busy!!!! Get your mind off food. I think I was more worried about food 2 weeks out, and now at 1 month out I hardly think about it. But I busy myself with things to do around the house for Christmas, like cleaning guest bedroom today for daughter to come home at Christmas. I have let that bedroom sit 4 months and kept putting more and more in there. I have so much more energy now! Loving it!

Hello all, I too am on the 2 wk starve urself to death preop:/ Day 5 down 8lbs but its been a hard 8 lbs!! As som1 suggested to keep busy, well today, when I was thinking about my usual Friday Chinese buffet, I went outside n ripped up my garden fence and reposted it smaller bc it was too big! Talk about hunger anger, it went down pretty fast but it was gr8 cardio and made me drink more Water. My neighbor asked what was I doing, I said, I'm on a diet so tho it may look like I'm rippn up a fence, I'm actually eating Chinese! He lol n said, what!?! Anyways, I also do 5 shakes n substitute one for the Unjury chicken broth at nite to help w hunger so I can sleep, ur tastes really good.. Dec 30th hurry up!! Gl u all:)

Mine is shakes during the day and lean cusine at dinner. I haven't started it yet but hope it's not too bad. Probably just kidding myself!

Edited by fotogrphr

You guys will survive for two weeks on liquids :) everything will be fine just think about why you're doing it ... It's So worth it :) i can't wait I'm starting mine the day after Christmas and having the surgery on the seventh :) good luck everyone

Edited by alynussh

I'm on a 2 week pre op liquid diet as well..getting sleeved dec 31st..happy new year to me.the first two days I had a headache.they allow a small amount of vegetables and sugar free Jello thank god or I think I'd kill someone.i seem to have real bad moments where I'm sad or angry about not eating.i work in a restaurant so that doesn't help either.im going into day 5...the Protein Shakes are disgusting and are a very poor substitute for food.i just keep reminding myself how life will be without this added weight..the gift of extra life.of being happier and healthier.it helps...it doesn't mean I don't want to eat my weight in pizza it just means I see a bigger picture.thank god for my therapist.in the whole scheme of things these two weeks are just a blip in your timeline..think how fast time usually goes.we will be sleeved and skinny in no time.we will barely remember this time as awful..

I am suppose to start my 2 week liquid diet on Sunday since my surgery Date is January 7th. I am so not prepared for this liquid diet but I am anxious about seeing the new me.

My dr. told me to add more Protein. I had eggs with cheese, Popeyes naked tenders, low carb...high protein foods. Greek yogurt was a God-send!!!

I was really worried about my pre op diet too, but I got through it and yes, it was a challenge. I did better than I thought I would! I lost 18 lbs. My very last day I actually forgot to drink my last shake. I'm 4 days post op and I can tell you for sure - I could care less about food now! I'd give anything to not feel so thirsty.