Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December post ops

Dec 9th sleeve 2013 has anyone tried salad yet?

I haven't. I'm afraid the lettuce might get stuck no matter how much I chew it. Do people just eat salads without the leafy greens after RNY?

I am having a hard time. I know this was going to be a challenge, but doing this challenge alone is hard. And I like challenges. Being alone, waking up and crying is not what I thought would be a part of the challenge. I struggle with what foods don't like me now and how I second guess my decision (even though too late to turn back).

The pain is not so much physical as it is the emotional heart and mind. Whoever said this journey would be easy was surely not a recipient of this.

Dieting is cheating. Gastric is sickness (if wrong foods)..

I am just venting as I read the many other things people are sharing. I think that I don't have it so bad. But then I struggle with other things and think I have it just as bad or good.

Good in the sense that I have lost weight. 65 in 1 1/2 months! Clothes fit and I can move more! I Celebrate the good.

Remember your pouch will not always be like this. My hubby is a yr out and enjoying a darn bacon lettuce tomatoes sandwich as we speak... I wanna kill him lol! !

Just enjoy this period of time of weight loss, we won't always be this way

Remember your pouch will not always be like this. My hubby is a yr out and enjoying a darn bacon lettuce tomatoes sandwich as we speak... I wanna kill him lol! ! Just enjoy this period of time of weight loss, we won't always be this way

This is encouraging hopefully won't eat a blt but good to know one day I can if I choose- UNoIt hang in there we know it will get better and 65lbs down you are rocking it!

Edited by Cherryhair

I was sick for the first time since the surgery....a little bit of steak and potato...not so easy to puke now huh? It was just weird...like there was no liquid. Sorry to get graphic, but that was awful. The potatoes are the first carby starchy food I've tried. Had to have been the culprit. :(

I am like all of you in getting discouraged especially finding foods that like me! But I have never doubted the decision that I made! Do I think it really sucks at times heck yea but I told it will get somewhat better!

I am just feeling this way. I ate something that gave me an 'episode' as my NUT calls it so back to soft soft food. I guess if I look at the whole thing pros outweigh the cons. Thanks

This is encouraging hopefully won't eat a blt but good to know one day I can if I choose- UNoIt hang in there we know it will get better and 65lbs down you are rocking it!

Thank you and I guess just need the encouragement sometimes. I am gonna see about talking to a counselor as there is many changes and no one is really understanding what is going on. I learn from this and appreciate all the support

I was sick for the first time since the surgery....a little bit of steak and potato...not so easy to puke now huh? It was just weird...like there was no liquid. Sorry to get graphic, but that was awful. The potatoes are the first carby starchy food I've tried. Had to have been the culprit. :(

The sick culprit for me was hard boil egg. Ever since it has been a hard time eatting. Mashed potatoes are good. meat not so good

I haven't thrown up (knock on wood) but is sounds horrible . U know it the reason I don't regret my decision is because a small little growth I had turned out I be a gi stromal tumor which can turn I to cancer.

I don't regret my decision either. I know this will be a slow process but I can do it!! I'm feeling great! I've lost 51 lbs so far!! One day at a time, one bite at a time! Now I just have to jump on the exercise bandwagon.

Congrats Debbie I hope I am feeling better at 50 lbs lost! I still have no stamina but I know it will get better! How long ago was your surgery and what type do u have?

I am having a hard time. I know this was going to be a challenge, but doing this challenge alone is hard. And I like challenges. Being alone, waking up and crying is not what I thought would be a part of the challenge. I struggle with what foods don't like me now and how I second guess my decision (even though too late to turn back).

The pain is not so much physical as it is the emotional heart and mind. Whoever said this journey would be easy was surely not a recipient of this.

Dieting is cheating. Gastric is sickness (if wrong foods)..

I am just venting as I read the many other things people are sharing. I think that I don't have it so bad. But then I struggle with other things and think I have it just as bad or good.

Good in the sense that I have lost weight. 65 in 1 1/2 months! Clothes fit and I can move more! I Celebrate the good.

Some days are going to be rough. Your body is going through many changes, as is your mind. I think for all of us, change can be scary and sometimes upsetting. But remember all of the reasons you chose to do this for yourself. This is what I'm trying to do when I feel that way and want to throw in the towel. It will be sunny and bright on the other side of this and you have many people who support your decision here.

;)

Hi, I am really paying for pushing the restrictions. I have had two painful lessons in the last few days. Because I have been having issues with the first bites getting stuck and having to spit it up. So I usually have more food on my plate because of this.

I know I'm eating to fast and will have to wait several minutes between bites along with limiting the amount to a half cup. Let me tell you when you have to lay down in pain and want to vomit for an hour....but it happened twice guess I am hard headed.

Hi Greenize42,

I had RNY on December 9th, I'm sure it will get better for you too! We just need to take it one day at a time!

Wow Debbie that is fantastic! I am two days later than you and have only lost 38 lbs but I Celebrate every lb as it moves me closer to being smaller! I am going to start eating a lot of chicken as that seems to be what I like the most ! Trying to find something my head wants is a trial.