Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP! Carnation instant breakfast?

I need help I'm not familiar with carnation instant Breakfast it's on my list of acceptable things for my 3-14 days with 8 ounces of skim milk. Does anyone take this does this substitute Protein Shakes?

I'm not sure why some doctors ok this stuff..

Really it is like junk food in a glass!

I'd look into getting something like Premier Protein shakes (SAMs club, costco and various other stores) they are ready made have thirty grams of Protein and will keep you full longer.

My list of approved shakes for the liquid phase includes Carnation Essentials pre made shakes. They have 13 grams of Protein, with 16 carbs. I think that is far better than the packets of instant breakfast

If you insist on CIB, get the no sugar added (very important!) and add unflavored Protein Powder.

Carnation Instant Breakfast drink (no added sugar) is listed as one of the approved liquids (pre-and post ops) on my list, but it is not intended as a substitution for the Protein Shake.< /p>

Maybe I should just stick to my Protein. I struggle to drink it because for some reason it nauseates me the taste isn't too good and I don't want to be gagging post op when I drink my protein. I am drinking all the protein I was told to (I'm pre op) I was just curious if CIB is better. Im buying some things already since I'm scheduled for Sat.

The Protein Shakes for some people are hard to get down after surgery. I would experiment with flavorings like the Torani syrups added to your shakes.. They are very important to healing.

So need to be consumed In The first weeks

I got lucky and actually liked the premier shakes.< /p>

The Protein shakes for some people are hard to get down after surgery. I would experiment with flavorings like the Torani syrups added to your shakes.. They are very important to healing. <br>

So need to be consumed In The first weeks<br>

I got lucky and actually liked the premier shakes.< /p>

I liked and still use the premier Protein Shakes - not too shabby and a quick bf in the morning on my way to work. I'm 7 weeks post op.

The Protein Shakes for some people are hard to get down after surgery. I would experiment with flavorings like the Torani syrups added to your shakes.. They are very important to healing. So need to be consumed In The first weeks I got lucky and actually liked the premier shakes.< /p>

Lucky you, I make my Protein for the day and just take sips trough out the day into I'm done with it. I did not think about the syrups. I will look for some thank you.

I never drank CIB....gas-sly...And premier shakes...Could only handle them if I never took them from my lips and just sipped until gone..The moment I took it away from my mouth I would either throw it up or choke on it....I keep it around just in case I am in a bind or sick....

Never been a good experience for me.....

I never drank CIB....gas-sly...And premier shakes...Could only handle them if I never took them from my lips and just sipped until gone..The moment I took it away from my mouth I would either throw it up or choke on it....I keep it around just in case I am in a bind or sick.... Never been a good experience for me.....

That's exactly how I drink my Protein right now four ounces straight then later on again and so forth. I'm on pre op so I'm not sure if I'll be able to do that after surgery.

I was also supposed to drink No Sugar Added Carnation Instant Breakfast for my preop diet. When I asked about it having a lower Protein content I was told that they want us to drink it because it has all the Vitamins and minerals in it. I drank it but I really don't care for it.

I've been drinking the Slim Fast shakes. They have 20g Protein, and i think taste better than the powder. Is this one ok?

I drink the cib sugar free vanilla. My doc wanted me to drink these daily. They are tasty to me and I have so much trouble with Protein shakes.. Gotta get it somewhere!

The only Protein Drinks I've been drinking is premier protien. I hate it if I just drink it alone. What I do now is add about an 2 oz. of skim milk and sprinkle some ground cinammon and I feel like I'm drinking a glass of chocolate milk, plus, I'm getting just a little extra Protein with the milk.