Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Messed up big time need some help

I ate and ate and ate all day. I'm sick. I'm going through it with my husband he is testing me over and over again. It was a rough night and I didn't sleep at all. They had a Xmas brunch thing at work and I don't know what came over me but I just got a plate like I never had surgery at all. Never even thought about any of it until I am sitting here at my desk looking at this empty plate. Also ate dessert. I have been working so hard working out like a beast and I'm pissed. I kept on eating this plate all day little by little. Meatballs, Pasta, Eggplant Parm, chicken Ziti and Broccoli and some Italian dessert. Granted before I could've eaten that in one sitting and gone for seconds. I'm going to be back on track tomorrow but I am so mad at myself I can't even go to the gym because It's my late night at work. How come food can still make me feel good and then so bad after. I hope I remember this feeling and please God don't let it show up on the scale. Confessing this here so not to do it again.......

It happens. We have all done it- I know I have. We have to remember that we have to have a change in our habits and our emotional/mental state too. It is a process. You will remember this feeling and it will help you to not repeat this! Good luck to you.....

As I've seen here said by others: The operation is only on our stomachs, not on our brains. We have to do that part ourselves, and ain't nobody perfect. I've also read on this site that our docs and NUTs expect (hope) we will make smart choices 90% of the time. Your ticker says you have been doing something RIGHT!

I do understand how you'd be upset with yourself, and that is certainly valid. But don't beat yourself up - just learn from it and keep going forward!

Tired.

Emotional.

Relationship issues.

food to numb. food the old friend.

I know I understand. I am sure we all here understand.

How could you avoid it next time? Remove the emotion, forgive, clinically look at the event and seek to answer the how to avoid in the future. Then this was a learning event.....but easy for me to say as the white hot burning emotions are not mine.

Get help if needed. I know I will need help in the very near future.

I just feel sad for you, because I understand that feeling do much.

Well eating smaller meals all day that's what this surgery does, it dose 't make your appetite go away. You are not going to die because you had a bad day full of meals. Just relax and start fresh tomorrow. Every once and awhile is ok to treat yourself. I don't let this surgery stop me from eating and I'm happy with my weight loss this far. Sure some people loose more than me and some don't. This is not a race and I'm not going to win anything if I do reach my goal weight or not.

We will all mess up at some time or another. The sleeve slowed you down.It worked. Now you need to realize how bad eating made you feel, and realize that crappy food was not worth it.You have done amazing work with your weight loss and will continue. This time of the year is the worst, too much food screaming our names, saying eat me. It is so hard at times to say no, it causes me to be grouchy and irritable. It would be easier to eat the food and maybe the irritation would go away, but the price of feeling so guilty and bad, like you are doing now, is not worth it. Own that feeling and learn from it. You had the surgery to lose the weight and you are almost where you want to be, this is just a hiccup in your losing weight time. Back to the plan. Having Protein and keeping the correct eating feels so much better than a plate of cold greasy food. I know that for sure. I suspect you are back on track, you have lost so much weight, and will be at goal in just a short time. Keep your eyes on the goal, and I bet you will be 37 pounds less, in just a few more months.

For me, I really try to focus on this being my new lifestyle. If there is an event/dinner food occasion, I chose if I want to eat any/all of the food. I enjoy every bite and realize I won't gain 100 pounds back in one day!! I am then back on my healthy eating plan the next meal/day. If you eat foods; enjoy it! Now that we eat smaller amounts savor the foods you eat and appreciate it for what it is!! Try not to stress about it.

I chose to go to my division Christmas party, where the group was smaller and the food was not the focus, and completely skip the huge food/alcohol-centric orgy that is our University party. It's just too much. Kind of gross actually. I'm going to the gym instead.

First... I honor your courage in confessing your binge and baring your soul on this site! Do you see how your vulnerability in doing so has touched so many people? Forgive yourself, each of us on this site do!

I have a Christmas dinner with in-laws this Saturday, and for some reason I found myself feeling very cocky and overconfident thinking I would simply eat what everyone else was having - and only 6 days post-op! When I stepped back from my own thoughts, I realized I had an underlying commitment to be like everyone else who will be at this gathering. I want to join in, cut loose and throw caution to the wind! And in this instance, it's about food! I also want to avoid judgment or unsolicited commentary, one of the ways others at this gathering may cut loose and throw caution to the wind! Since I realized that, I have been creating some useful ways to support myself and will illicit my husband's support as well. I involve him in this process as much as possible because he will have an investment in my weight loss success too!

Your post has helped me realize just how fragile I still am in my addiction to food and overeating! We all need help from time to time. Sometimes my ego gets in the way of my asking. Thank you for posting, and allowing all of us to be a part of your learning & changing process during this journey!

Thanks guys. I posted for myself to see and remember but as always I love this site. MisFit you are so right, we are so fragile when it comes to this. I'm 15months out and still struggling everyday with my food demons. There is a fight in my head all the time yelling at me Drink Water eat Protein work out. Then I ask WHY all the time WHY can't I just live like everyone else and have a little that's why I got THIS surgery to just eat what I want but smaller portions. That's what I told myself anyway. Maybe I wasn't prepared well enough because I've learned the hard way that that's not the way. Once I start eating "normal" again I gain. Thanks again everyone. Starting fresh today Protein Water Gym that's my life. One day isn't going to stop me. I wish I didn't have to work or I would be at the gym now burning off those calories. Have a great day guy keep up the fight.