Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Georgia (and others),

Why do you find yourself looking forward to fast days? What does it bring you (besides weight loss) that you value?

Hey Georgia (and others), Why do you find yourself looking forward to fast days? What does it bring you (besides weight loss) that you value?

For me, it provides a disciplined approach to maintenance. The knowledge that I have finally put in place a workable solution to maintaining my WL is very gratifying. I have found it also seems to control and limit the amount of food (mindless snacking) on feast days as well.

I feel more restriction at the beginning of fast days, and it really works to keep the "free fall" eating at bay.

Why do you find yourself looking forward to fast days? What does it bring you (besides weight loss) that you value?

I agree with what Georgia and FYE said.

My body just feels better on fast days, and regular days for that matter. Every few days it's like my body knows it time to fast and I can feel it, it's hard to explain. And for my mind, it's the control. I like feeling in control.

My biggest downfall pre-surgery was grazing, and we all know that surgery doesn't really help with that aspect.

5:2 does. It totally freezes me from grazing and the effect of that lasts longer than the day of fasting.

Me too M2G, I never ate that much at one time but I was always eating. One can pack on the pounds with constant grazing.

Tomorrow is a fast day and I'm looking forward to it. It seems like a reset button. Cool. Let's see how I feel about it tomorrow, LOL.

Can someone pls break this down day by day? What do I do on day one?

Thanks

5 days a week you eat "normally" (for me that means around 1200 cals plus a few more depending on exercise) Protein first and the rest of the "sleeve rules" Two days of the week, for me that is usually Monday and Thursday, I only eat 550 (the plan says 500 for women). Create a food rest of 12-16 hours between the time you finish eating and the time you start eating on those two days. Thats it. If you watch the Horizion video it is really worth it, it shows you the evolution of this longevity plan (its not a weight loss plan) and helps you to see how it works. The original plan has you eating "normally" on feast days... like junk, and many of us really don't and cant go back to that, so we have modified those days to be a lower sets of calories and to follow the sleeve rules.

Thank you

So, I have not been 5:2ing lately. I am down to about 142-143 and don't necessarily seek to lose more. I have people around me freaking out about my weight loss, even though my BMI is still in the mid range of normal, and I am content here. One of my friends declared me officially a "skinny chick" and I should stop losing or my ass will completely disappear - good point. :)

I still try to use the idea of fasting - meaning you don't really need to eat around the clock! Give the digestive organs a break - it seems we evolved to eat that way - we are not grazers like horses, deer, elk. We seem to be more genetically programmed to eat like predators which is less often. If I get hungry late, i open a premier Protein drink, have a few sips and put it back in the fridge. Very low carb, low sugars and an a few sips seems to satiate me.

I'm fatter since my last post. Way fatter. Almost back to the size I was at surgery time. I need help n a kick in the butt!!!!!!!!! What a shame

I'm fatter since my last post. Way fatter. Almost back to the size I was at surgery time. I need help n a kick in the butt!!!!!!!!! What a shame

Okay, been there. (Mindset). I did regain about 30 pounds but used 5:2 toget it off. How far out are you? If not a year, go back to basics and really eat cleanly and log it all. I really believe you can do this!!!!!! We've got ya!!!

Edited by Georgia

I have never been a shake person but Kim told me about these a while back and they are GOOD! Only 2 net carbs and 17 grams Protein. Best thing though is they are soy protein. (Lactose intolerant)

post-108291-0-49139300-1402665189_thumb.jpg

Edited by Georgia
mistyped protein grams!

So sorry... can you visit your Doc again and get some advice? The sleeve will not do it for you, you need to take yourself in hand and get back on the wagon. Throw out everything not on a healthy plan.. or lock it up if someone else in the house needs it. After three days it will get easier. Write it all down, weigh every day... don;t let the time slip by without staying aware of what you are doing. That has been my downfall a couple of times. How about checking in every day here for support?

I have never been a shake person but Kim told me about these a while back and they are GOOD! Only 2 net carbs and -7 grams Protein. Best thing though is they are soy Protein. (Lactose intolerant)

better still 17 gms of protein! I use the vanilla in my chai or Thai ice tea, and the chocolate in my iced Decaf. Great way to hold a fast day till dinner, or to keep from getting too hungry on any other day. I find the best deal at Target.

Edited by feedyoureye