Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 days post -op here!

5 days post -op here!

Thought i would share my story as all of you have been sooo amazingly wonderful!

Prior to surgery had to undergo lots of med tests, classes and lose 8% weight. My center was very strict but i was happy because in the long run it was only for the betterment of you!

Morning of surgery, i had lost 44.5 pounds (16 lbs over required), i was pretty happy w/ that! Surgery took awhile longer as Dr had to remove quite a bit of scar tissue from an open gall bladder surgery 27 years ago. She also had to repair a hiatal hernia. After surgery i was actually surprised at how "out of it" I was. I do remember walking a few times and vividly remember this..." ChefColl, we need to give you insulin as your blood sugar is very high!" I have NEVER had high blood sugar and trying to prevent diabetes was one of the many reasons for this surgery! Apparently this is quite common!! Something to do w/ your pancreas not working for while or something like that. Then it went too low and i needed another shot. Sooo until the afternoon i left, they continued to monitor this every two hours.

I had the roomie from hell who talked loudly on her cell all night long. Never slept a wink. The next morning when I went for my leak test, they said my surgeon wanted to be there. Did the test - it was fine - thank God! Told my soc about my roomie and she said i will NOT return to that room which i did not. Then i started on my ounce of Water every hour. Who the heck would think that drinking that tiny cup would take forever??? Holy moly! I also walked a ton that day and i know this really helped. The next day I started Clear liquids one ounce every 15 minutes. After they were sure this was OK i was sent home about 4 in the afternoon. Also i gained 11 pounds since surgery (was weighed upon release).

Surprisingly, did not sleep well that night. Not in a lot of pain, just could not sleep. The next day, I admit to a few crying spells because i was worried about not getting in all of my liquids. THANKS to this site - I knew it would be hard. My Dr's goals are 48 - 64 oz of liquid and 60 grams of Protein. I am praying I reach those numbers!! Yesterday i did 42 oz of liquids and only 8 G of protein. I REALLY tried an Injury Chix broth but i thought i was gonna hurl! NOT GOOD! Today, I already increased my protein and I am still working on the rest.

Overall, not much pain, lots of burping and gas, cannot wait to really chew something - ANYTHING! I am tired - oh and VERY cold!! Anyone else experience this? I know i am very lucky compared to others. My prayers are with Andrew right now.

I cannot thank all of you enough for all of your tips, hints and advice. As a matter of fact, i passed this site onto a few pple i met on my floor who had surgery and also my surgeon!

One more question, what was the name of the site for recipes? I am very worried about making it thru the next two weeks on just liquids.

Best Wishes to all of you!!!

bodyweight.png?ts=1387210087