Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hit goal today! 125 pounds in 10 months - with pictures

I had my surgery just over 10 months ago and today I hit my goal weight of 125! I chose that weight with my doctor because it's half my starting weight of 250 and a perfectly normal BMI at 5'0.

My life has been saved and drastically changed FOREVER. I'm now the athlete I've always wanted to be, I can wear cute clothes and knee boots, my energy level is off the charts, I can cross my legs, I could go on and on.

This was by no means easy. I had to completely change my lifestyle - I eat roughly 800-1000 calories a day getting in a minimum of 80 grams of Protein. I work out 6 days a week and on wednesdays I work out twice. I run 25-30 miles a week, do hot yoga and work with a personal trainer. There are times when I struggle with head hunger, especially working at home, but because I have nothing unhealthy in the house I can't get into much trouble snacking so I find ways to distract myself and I get over it.

What I want people to know that you can do this and still live a normal life. I eat 2 pieces of dark chocolate a day, I eat out and I drink a couple glasses of wine or some tequila once a week. I've eaten slice of pizza twice in the last 2 months but because pizza is my nemesis, I waited until I was almost at goal to dare try it again. The key is continuing to monitor your portions, tracking calories and protein and balancing it with exercise which is what I'll continue to do as I venture in to maintenance.

I've never not been on a diet. I have no idea what this is going to be like. My doctor says not to be surprised if I get lower than 125 if I continue to run half marathons (never stopping already registered for my next one!) so we'll see what the next phase brings. I update my blog regularly if you want to follow along - tomorrow's post will be all about this monumental day :)http://www.fatgirldivesin.blogspot.com

post-169062-0-65506600-1387130163_thumb.jpg post-169062-0-34931900-1387130168_thumb.jpg post-169062-0-20785500-1387130210_thumb.jpg post-169062-0-95487400-1387130216_thumb.jpg post-169062-0-01967600-1387130230_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tinaatl

A-ma-zing!!!

Massive congratulations to you - you're an inspiration. :)

Nice! You are such an inspiration to athletes in the making and so very well organized. You look fantastic and so full of energy. The pictures look like mother/daughter when one scans from start to finish in the panoramic view of your weight loss over the months. Love the picture of you and your dog "Lucy" stretching on the blog. Is that an English springer spaniel? What would you say has been your hardest struggle during the last 10 months, other then working at home with food temptation (I can relate as I work at home also)?

Edited by Fiddleman

Wow!! You look wonderful.....great job!!

Nice! You are such an inspiration to athletes in the making and so very well organized. You look fantastic and so full of energy. The pictures look like mother/daughter when one scans from start to finish in the panoramic view of your weight loss over the months. Love the picture of you and your dog "Lucy" stretching on the blog. Is that an English springer spaniel? What would you say has been your hardest struggle during the last 10 months, other then working at home with food temptation (I can relate as I work at home also)?

Thanks Fiddleman - you are quite the inspiration yourself! Lucy is part springer spaniel for sure but she has shorter hair than most- she was found on the side of the road with 6 others puppies so not really sure what she's mixed with!

Honestly I would say my hardest struggle has been cutting back on my eating/drinking out. We have no kids and live in a neighborhood with great bars and restaurants within walking distance so that became a big part of our social life. Running has helped alot because I don't do well when I drink the night before a run so I focus on that, stay home and cook a nice dinner and go to bed early. I'm definitely more hungry than I used to be (which is partially from burning tons of calories) and I still have restriction of course but it's all me at this point and I'll always need to stay in control. Sometimes it's really obvious that they did surgery on my stomach but not on my head! :)

Congrats - great job! The before and after finish line shots are really awesome, I love that one.

Amazing! Amazing! I'm so inspired!

Congrats!!!

What a wonderful post! I love the way you took pictures of yourself--the consistency really tells a great story. From month to month the changes might look less dramatic, but over time they sure do add up. I also liked that you posted pics of yourself exercising before you hit goal weight. I'm peering at them hoping to absorb some of your motivation via cyber-osmosis :P

Congratulations on your achievements, both weight-wise, and fitness-wise. Very impressive and thoroughly inspiring!

So awesome! Love all the pics.

Wow! I am so impressed with you resolve!

Congratulations!! All your hard work paid off!! You look amazing!!