Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant awaiting sleeve?

Hi! This is my first post here, but I was initiating the process of getting the VSG surgery and before I started any pre-op work I realized I was pregnant. I was trying to prevent it and God must have had other plans. (Being that my daughter is 13 months old!) anyhow, my question is- how long after I have this baby can I have the surgery? I plan to breastfeed. Will I have to re-start my 6 month pre-op diet? It's a little glitch in plans, although we feel blessed! Anyone with any insight would be helpful!

Congratulations! I'm not sure how long you'd have to wait, but if your insurance is anything like mine, you'll probably have to start your 6 months over again.

before I started any pre-op work I realized I was pregnant.

HarpersMom

Happy you are happy about your upcoming NEWBIE ;)

OMG you'll have 2 kids in diapers :o

better you than me :lol:

i'm "pretty" sure you will have to do another 6 month for insurance :angry:

as with everything else, docs are all different on certain instructions

i've heard some people say they had to wait 2 years before they are "supposed" to get preggo

other docs might say sooner

check with your doc - as with everything else, you should always listen to YOUR surgeon

there is a thread here for "preggo's called ;)

Pregnancy with Gastric Sleeve Surgery

check it out :)

what a way to start the new year :)

good luck with he/she ;)

kathy

congrats

Edited by proudgrammy

Thanks! It's getting easier to accept. I'm passed the whole shocked aspect. I gained 45 pounds with my last pregnancy and wasn't thin to start with :/ hoping to keep this round under control! ;)

The same thing happened to me last year. I had everything set to begin the process. I'd already gone to seminar & started my supervised diet & weigh ins, even lost a few pounds. Then, ta da! Pregnant. Unfortunately, we lost that pregnancy 2 1/2 months in because it was an ectopic. I had to have surgery. So, after my 6 weeks recovery my doctor told me that since my paperwork was dated past 90 days with gaps; I would have to start over. I was devastated. I didn't get to have my baby or the wls. Looking back, I think it was best. I needed that time to recover mentally & emotionally and my health wasn't stable enough to carry a baby to full term. Please, know that this was just my case & everyone's doctors, insurance, bodies, and health are different. I know that you will have a healthy pregnancy and a bouncing bundle of joy soon. Congratulations!!! *All things in God's timing.*

Edited by w8loser

Thank you. I appreciate that! Nice l knowing I'm not alone... And I know not all things are in my hands. That's perfectly okay. I'm super ready to start a healthier life after baby #2 and will do whatever it takes to do so.

I'm sorry to heal about your loss. Ectopic pregnancies are scary. I know a lot about them. I'm a high risk perinatal Sonographer ;) good thing you survived!

HarpersMom

Happy you are happy about your upcoming NEWBIE ;)

OMG you'll have 2 kids in diapers :o

better you than me :lol:

i'm "pretty" sure you will have to do another 6 month for insurance :angry:

as with everything else, docs are all different on certain instructions

i've heard some people say they had to wait 2 years before they are "supposed" to get preggo

other docs might say sooner

check with your doc - as with everything else, you should always listen to YOUR surgeon

there is a thread here for "preggo's called ;)

Pregnancy with Gastric Sleeve Surgery

check it out :)

what a way to start the new year :)

good luck with he/she ;)

kathy

congrats

I agree.

Edited by w8loser

Thank you. I appreciate that! Nice l knowing I'm not alone... And I know not all things are in my hands. That's perfectly okay. I'm super ready to start a healthier life after baby #2 and will do whatever it takes to do so.

I'm sorry to heal about your loss. Ectopic pregnancies are scary. I know a lot about them. I'm a high risk perinatal Sonographer ;) good thing you survived!

Anytime. Thanks! I know that I am blessed.