Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fort Worth Buddies?

Gorgeous day outside hope you are enjoying it. I walked a couple of miles this morning and hoping to get out with the family this afternoon!

Yesterday was a gorgeous day! Where did the sun go today???

Right... And them today when we are all back at work it is beautiful! Hope you are all getting out and enjoying some of it!

Hi Everyone!!

I just found out yesterday that I am approved for surgery! I have BC/BS and originally Dr Kim was to be my surgeon..just found out yesterday that Dr Holden will be performing my sleeve at Baylor Trophy Club. I go for my cardiac clearance next Thursday, then Melissa says we can schedule surgery for April!!! Yay!!!! Will they know the results of the cardiac clearance that day while I am in the office?

Another question.....do you know what size Bougie Dr Holden uses?

Hi everyone! I've enjoyed reading up on everyone since I haven't been on lately!

I go in two weeks for my cardiac clearance and then I have only one more class in April. I have Highmark BCBS so I'm hoping approval is fast and easy. I also use Dr. Kim's office and I absolutely live Melissa.

Hi everyone! I've enjoyed reading up on everyone since I haven't been on lately!

I go in two weeks for my cardiac clearance and then I have only one more class in April. I have Highmark BCBS so I'm hoping approval is fast and easy. I also use Dr. Kim's office and I absolutely live Melissa.

Hi abrooke!! I go for my cardiac clearance next Thursday, so I'll let you know how it goes. Melissa told me it will take a week to get the results, then they will call to schedule my surgery! I am so excited! I have not had to take any nutritional classes...I am wondering they will tell me all about the preop diet and everything. I live 2 1/2 hours away, so Melissa said she got the nutrition class waived...I kindof feel like I need it though. Will your surgery be at Baylor Trophy Club?

No, I will be having my surgery at Victory Medical Center.

I wish my classes would hurry up so my approval could be in the works. I'm very anxious!

Hi Everyone!! I just found out yesterday that I am approved for surgery! I have BC/BS and originally Dr Kim was to be my surgeon..just found out yesterday that Dr Holden will be performing my sleeve at Baylor Trophy Club. I go for my cardiac clearance next Thursday, then Melissa says we can schedule surgery for April!!! Yay!!!! Will they know the results of the cardiac clearance that day while I am in the office?

No idea what size she uses, I understand that isn't as important so I never cared... Dr Kim will likely be in the operating room with her... They operate as a team. You will likely know results when you leave... It isn't a big deal either.

My experience at Baylor trophy club was great, but my discharge morning was terrible. I understand that They use contract nurses on weekends... Ours was terrible. Hopefully it surgery is during the week.

Best of luck!

It took about 4-5 days after cardiac clearance for them to call me to schedule surgery. It was in November but I wanted my surgery in December since pto started over and was able to use some holiday time as well.

Good luck! My surgery was cash pay- and at texas general with dr Kim and Holden doing hernia repair!

Okay Fort Worth buddies! I'm not sure who is in what sizes, but I have some lee's dressier jeans size 16 that I wore at size 18 and I have a pair of black worthington trousers, black and white long skirt and some other things like lightweight jackets for work attire. I would like to see if someone is interested in before I take to goodwill. Let me know if interested, we can meet somewhere or come to my house to check out next weekend Saturday daytime.

Edited by tami j

Will I be required to buy vitamins/protein drinks from Dr Kim's office?

Will I be required to buy vitamins/protein drinks from Dr Kim's office?

Melody, only required to buy the Protein Shakes for pro-op. Dr Kim uses bariessentials which has ll the Vitamins and nutrients your body needs before surgery. My pre-op was 1 week of Protein shakes and liquids sugar free.< /p>

My Protein Powder was included in my cash price, so not sure how much it would have been.

They have vitamins but they do not push you to buy them, nor did they push me to purchase more protein powder.

Hi abrooke!! I go for my cardiac clearance next Thursday, so I'll let you know how it goes. Melissa told me it will take a week to get the results, then they will call to schedule my surgery! I am so excited! I have not had to take any nutritional classes...I am wondering they will tell me all about the preop diet and everything. I live 2 1/2 hours away, so Melissa said she got the nutrition class waived...I kindof feel like I need it though. Will your surgery be at Baylor Trophy Club?

Melodyrene77 how was your cardiac clearance test?

It went good! Hopefully I will get a call next week to schedule my EGD and surgery!! How is everything going with your process?

Melodyrene77 how was your cardiac clearance test?