Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fort Worth Buddies?

welcome shall258!

When did you have your surgery? I also went with Dr. Kim, had my on 12/16/13. I work near Euless, but live in Far North Ft Worth.

Looking forward to getting to know you!

Tami

I had my surgery on 12/20/13 at Baylor trophy club. Dr Kim and dr Holden did my surgery. So far it's been good except for a few side effects like nausea, diarrhea and bad breath but other than that going great. I have not retuned to wk yet because of the nausea it's been pretty extremed. I'll probably go back on Monday. I live in Euless/ ft worth and work in Irving

Oh the bad breath! I cant believe how crazy it is!

Welcome shall and such! I returned to work today. I did okay but boy am I hungry!! On a 2 day stall but not too worried at this point.

Shall258 welcome, we were both sleeved by Holden on 12/20 at trophy club... Surgery twins

Oh the bad breath! I cant believe how crazy it is!

Ohh .. My... I offend myself with the breath... I understand it gets better as we get into real food and get off Protein shakes... I have 2 boxes of Larousse, gum and listerstrips all for next week at work.

Barefeet, that's cool we were probably on same floor I was in rm 217... We will defiantly have to keep in touch and track our progress. My biggest fear is I wasn't loose the wt or have some crazy complication.

I agree I'm scared to death I've done this and I won't use the tool... Doesn't help that I've been at the same weight for the better part of a week. I know there is a 3 week stall that a lot of people talk about, but since day 7 I have lost more than 1/2 a pound.... For the last 3 days I have been very focused on getting moving...

I know the feeling when I went in per op I was 256.5 and when I came Hm from hosp I was 263! Went up 7 lbs... From 263 I've lost 16 lbs as of yesterday . But today I went up 1.5 lbs :( feeling a lil discourage.

I also watch a lot of u tube videos and a lot of the ppl had lost 100+ lbs by 6-8 mos . If I could do that I would be so happy..... I certainly plan on hitting the gym as soon as I can

Also, I plan on finding some healthy recipes. Of course bring from Texas I enjoy food and cook like a Texan :) so I have to stop that habit and change my whole life style..

Once we get to start eating normal food we need to start a receipe section.

I finally lost 1.8# today after not losing for 12 days! My official weigh-in and measurements will be tomorrow, but I was super happy I saw the loss.

On another note: Dr Kim's support mtg is this Wednesday the 8th at 6:30, and it will be about setting goals. Nate Newton is the guest speaker and a patient. I am planning on attending, anyone else like to join?

post-196283-0-49699100-1388886817_thumb.jpg

I'm also planning on attending...