Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I the only one that wants to eat this or that for the last time before surgery?

That's all I've been thinking about. Steak and potatoes. Funny thing is that it's not even my favorite. ????

Photo... It's a long time out, and that means that you can make it easier on yourself by practicing new behaviors now. Trust me... folks to go "cold turkey" on the last day are chosing a more difficult pate!

newbie here, hello everyone. GSV scheduled for Jan. 10th 2014.

hey girlfriend

welcome, welcome to the group

always room for one more smiley :) pretty face ;)

don't go toooooooo overboard with your food funeral(s) ;)

you are starting the new year off with a bang getting your WLS on 1/10/14

good luck

speedy recovery

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

Thanks everyone for your feedback!!! 3 weeks from tomorrow I'll be sleeved!!! I really can't wait and after I posted about eating my favorites, I have yet to do any!!! Crazy, the games our minds play!!! I only have a few things on my "food bucket list" and probably won't eat all of them. I've already lost the required weight and so I haven't really been dieting hard. I've been doing my walking and eating, just a whole lot less than I used to. We went out to eat last night and I ordered a taco salad. Don't touch the shell, only a little dab of the sour cream, and, maybe 1/2 of the meat, salsa, onions, tomatoes and lettuce! I was stuffed and so pushed it away!!! Used to be able to polish one off without a problem! So all in all, I'm ready!!! Thanks again and Happy Holidays everyone!!

Great, MNM. Keep plugging along!

Completely understandable! I was sleeved on 11/20..before Thanksgiving, so I made some turkey and stuffing for myself 2 weeks before! I also went through last meal trips with McDonald's, Taco Bell, CheeseCake Factory...your feelings are completely normal! And there were more places and more food types I wanted to eat, but didn't because of my pre-op fast. :rolleyes:

I now know that, eventually I will eat a small amount of anything I want, (except for popcorn) and that it will feel SO GOOD not to be able to overeat ANYTHING!

Hang in there,

Numenow

NuMe...

You said:

"it will feel SO GOOD not to be able to overeat ANYTHING!"

Start working on the fat brain (that we all have). If you really work on it, you CAN "eat around" the sleeve and regain the weight.

BUT, YOU are more powerful than your fat brain (My fat brain's name is Skippy)...