Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I the only one that wants to eat this or that for the last time before surgery?

Please tell me I am being normal for wanting to eat a big steak dinner before I have my surgery or a DQ blizzard... In all honesty, how many out there had their last hurrah meals. I am just a curious george wanting to know! They told me to put blinders on but, come on, really???

food funerals...I'm not only having the funerals, I'm following up with Decoration. (It's an old Southern tradition of putting flowrers on grave sites -- decorating. Afterwards there is always food and family. )

Since my surgery us not scheduled until early March (crazy job related travel ), I'm trying desperately not to eat like a madwoman.

Crazy journey.

Me too! It's been food funeral week! Lol. Yes I can eventually eat them again but don't want to overdo it. Know if I start that cravings start. So I'm just having a goodbye ol friend party :)

Sure we all WANT to. Some do and some do not. Think of how you will feel if you do and think of how you will feel if you don't.

And it's crazy because the things I'm craving are things i never thought I'd miss. Boneless teriyaki wings from zaxbys. Nachos supreme Taco Bell. No sweets no huge meals. Just a few of my favorites.

Right now, at 4 weeks out, the "want" lasts a few seconds. I looked at something my son was eating the other day and I thought "that looks pretty good", then the thought went away. I really have no desire for breads or sweets right now and I would love for that to continue.

Right after surgery you're consumed with drinking Water, drinking shakes. The, once allowed by the doc or NUT, you're allowed some food and then it's working to try to fit that in.

practice and win. The food wants aren't that important, are they?

You r normal.. I was not required to do a pre op diet. I did slow down my eating and did lose about 7 pounds prior to surgery., but oh boy I had many food funerals and find not gain weight. I cut down the portions to get use of eating smaller meals. However, if my dr told me I had to get on a diet preop to have the surgery., I would have taken that seriously. Of bourse I say this since I did not have to e on a preop. Haha

I also did a number of food funerals during my pre-op time - mainly because I believed the myth that I'd never "be able to" eat my favorites again. :) Turns out that you can eat most foods post-op that you enjoyed before, but just in small amounts. Once that's possible, it becomes about the choices to not eat those foods - to not fall back into old patterns of bad eating habits (for me: salty carbs and lots of sugar. Oh and diet pop, which I still miss like crazy!). I sometimes crave a full blown Olive Garden meal - I haven't had any Pasta or rice since surgery by my own choice. If I bothered to go to OG now, I'd have one bread stick and maybe 3 pieces of chicken from the alfredo and that would be that. Post-op, that just doesn't sound appealing or worth it. It's a whole new world! :)

am I the only one that wants to eat this or that for the last time before surgery?

MNMema

:lol: :lol:

R you kidding me??? ;)

I think the people that don't have your feelings/thoughts are the exception ^_^

not saying that its good to have a food funeral, i did it though :wacko:

shhhhhh, between you and me I gained 7 lbs :o

not a good idea :wacko:

if you feel the need to have that last meal before you start pre-op I say go for it (others might not agree :wacko: )

just don't go crazy

the more you weigh day of surgery, the more you have to lose

its true you will be able to eat that steak or whatever else later, but in much smaller quantities - but thats our new improved lives

and thats great!!!!

but splurging once IMO is ok

but..........get back to eating correctly, moderately, drinking lots of Water

before you know it you'll have your pre-op then look out................

you will be sleeved and on your way to a healthier, happier, longer life :)

good luck :)

kathy

I had costco poutine twice in the last week before I went for surgery! LOL

Gained five pounds from all the gotta have that before surgery then had to lose it before the surgery! Surgery weight was 220 and 4 weeks later 199. I can't even imagine eating Poutine now!

Edited by terri82much

Please tell me I am being normal for wanting to eat a big steak dinner before I have my surgery or a DQ blizzard... In all honesty, how many out there had their last hurrah meals. I am just a curious george wanting to know! They told me to put blinders on but, come on, really???

3 days before surgery I went to my favorite restaurant and had my favorite meal there which was the roasted turkey with dressing, mashed potatoes, some veggie I never eat and cranberry sauce with a big bowl of matzo ball Soup as an appetizer. All of this smothered in gravy (except the soup).

It was heavenly. But the next day I had to start my 2 day liquid diet pre surgery, and I did. But that was my last hurrah hurrah meal.

Edited by endless80

I also did a number of food funerals during my pre-op time - mainly because I believed the myth that I'd never "be able to" eat my favorites again. :) Turns out that you can eat most foods post-op that you enjoyed before, but just in small amounts. Once that's possible, it becomes about the choices to not eat those foods - to not fall back into old patterns of bad eating habits (for me: salty carbs and lots of sugar. Oh and diet pop, which I still miss like crazy!). I sometimes crave a full blown Olive Garden meal - I haven't had any Pasta or rice since surgery by my own choice. If I bothered to go to OG now, I'd have one bread stick and maybe 3 pieces of chicken from the alfredo and that would be that. Post-op, that just doesn't sound appealing or worth it. It's a whole new world! :)

Girl we are like sleeve twinsies. I miss soda and Olive Garden. I miss soda while AT the Olive Garden. But you're right, actually sitting down and eating that would probably be completely different in reality than what my mind is telling me.

Could you imagine if we lived in the same town and how weird we would look going to the Olive Garden all excited and being able to only eat 4 bites and the server being like WTH? lol

Edited by endless80

Lol... I'm starting my "Liver Shrink Diet" on Friday and I'm glad someone else asked this question, because I have been going through the same thing. BTW, newbie here, hello everyone. GSV scheduled for Jan. 10th 2014.

Girl we are like sleeve twinsies. I miss soda and Olive Garden. I miss soda while AT the Olive Garden. But you're right, actually sitting down and eating that would probably be completely different in reality than what my mind is telling me.

Could you imagine if we lived in the same town and how weird we would look going to the Olive Garden all excited and being able to only eat 4 bites and the server being like WTH? lol

This is so true! Of course, I would try to talk you into staying an extra hour so that we could have a few more bites an hour later! (That's my plan for Christmas dinner - 4 bites, then talk talk talk for a long time, then another bite or 2...) :)

I'm pretty sure that Im in my food funeral state right now. I'm several months out from surgery and I know once the time nears, I will stop because I will be anxious to get things going with the weight loss and surgery. But right now it just seems so far away. I've tried to change habits (like no sodas and monster energy drinks, no drinking while I eat) but i think cause the surgery's still seems so far away, I haven't gotten into a groove as far as losing weight and Protein shakes.Unfortunately it's making me feel a bit down