Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my Lap Band this time last year and I did great at first but once I got to 30 pounds I was stuck. Being stuck took its toll and I have up. I'm back to the right mind set and ready to focus but I'm scared that I've already messed up my band. I haven't had a full for five months. Is it to late to get back on track ? Has anyone else had this problem ?

It's never too late to get back on track!

I did great "in the beginning"...just as you say. GungHO, exercising, eating what I was supposed to, etc, etc....then the Honeymoon ended! I too, thought I could just eat anything I wanted, quit exercising, and let the band do it all.....Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

I was eating too much, gaining weight, just like every other diet I had been on in my life! Because it was JUST A DIET... I was so embarrassed, didn't go to my surgeon for a YEAR. Couldn't face the reality I was gonna fail at this too...

But I had a friend who had the band encourage me to go back to my surgeon, and find out why I was eating too much. Why was it just like before I even had surgery?

Now...with a properly adjusted band for me, I couldn't be happier with my decision to have this surgery.

Since you say you haven't had an adjustment in several months, please follow up with your surgeon...and don't accept any excuses! This thing will do what it is advertised to do....Control/limit your portions...you just gotta get there. I wish you much success in your future! Never, ever give up. :)

Edited by catfish87

That's whats so great about having a lapband. it's adjustable. yeah for us. it's never to late to get your gumption back in gear. so get yourself to your doctor and welcome to the best web site ever. we are here to help if you need it. good luck and let us know what happens.

First, I'm not sure how you can "Mess Up" your band......

Whenever I read posts such as these, I always ask myself "Is it the person who is at fault? OR is the Band not functioning as it should be"

I feel a lot of people on this forum are too hard on themselves when they should be asking themselves why is the band not helping me???

There is a reason we all had this surgery after all......

Not to step on anyone's toes...but it always makes me scratch my head when I read posts where people did great for a long time, then "Fell Off the Wagon" and "Need to get back On Track"

And when I read the Title "Failure" well, it get's my blood going...I don't like it....something is out of balance although it is not my place to tell anyone what I think...only what I know from my experience...

So I ask myself.....

What happened? Did the band spring a leak? was there some medical issue and they needed their band emptied? (which is usually the case)...or was the band not properly adjusted in the first place, and their weight loss was more dependent upon themselves as opposed to the band.....and they finally lost their motivation as was the case for me with all those traditional diets I tried and eventually failed at....

But this is different...this is SURGERY....

Early on, I was up and down, forward and backward and even upside down with this weight loss stuff....UNTIL my Dr. finally got the band, (and me) adjusted to where a balance was struck.....(took me a good 4-5 months)...after that, everything changed...now I am a firm believer in this.....

Again, not meaning to step on anyone's toes, it's just where my head is with all this....

Edited by B-52

Never too late, that is why the band is adjustable. You can get back on track by calling your surgeon, or fill doctor, and getting an appointment for a fill or adjustment or just talking to the nutritionist. Get ye to the phone and make an appointment(after the office opens, that it)! Best wishes, Karen...aka..kll724

its only too late for those who give the f**k up

you my dear are taking a great step...get your butt to the dr for a check up (fluro to make sure the band is in good shape) and i am sure it is...

then back to the basics....eating great food in allotted band sizes (you know baked vs fried, fresh vs boxes) and lets not forget exercising....that does help and then, let the band do its thing...

you can do this if you want too..and you do as you posted here..dont wait til tomorrow or monday to start....start NOW

Edited by ☠carolinagirl☠

Thank You !!

I appreciate the encouragement. I feel better already. I will definitely keep everyone posted. Just so that I have to hold myself accountable I will post my weight here weekly. As of now I am 233 LB.

THANK YOU !!

Hi there, so glad you are here! I am fairly new but it sounds like a fill appointment is essential. Call them -- get that on the calendar. Watch out for slider foods and know that you are on your way to getting the next 30 off. We will be joining each other in One-der-land, which is what we call that sought after place of finally being less than 200 pounds. And we will keep going from there down to our goal weights -- because we are choosing health and happiness. Do this for yourself! When the band is adjusted properly your appetite will be dimmed and you'll have that monster off your back. It will be so much easier then to eat right, exercise and take care of yourself the way you want to. Here's to that!

Don't be hard on yourself and never give up! The last 2 months have been difficult for me, I have lost zip! Went on a vacation for 2 of the weeks. But I realize I hit plateaus from time to time and the lower my weight gets the longer they last. But I keep on pushing. Sometimes life just gets difficult and our old habits emerge, comfort food 101! But see your doctor, maybe you're just one fill away from continued success. Good luck and God bless!

Just get back on the lap band horse again and do your best. You can only fail if you stop trying.

I believe in you so keep doing great things.

As my surgeon says "if you forgot to brush your teeth this morning would you just go ahead and give up on them for good?" :). Get back on track. You will not regret it.

I have not figured out how to add friends on fitnesspal. It asks for Facebook, phone contacts or email

Edited by SandyM

Fall down 5 times and get up 6. Don't give up!! Get to your Surgeon for an assessment of your band.. You can do this!!