Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is probably a stupid question but here I go

Drs office submitted my paperwork in for lapband - approved in 2 days. "Yay" I called they resubmitted it correct to the sleeve. Approved in several hrs. Now I have an RN from UHC calling me to talk about my surgery to make sure I've made the right choice etc she states. I was at work so I really couldn't talk. Has anyone had this. What is she going to ask? They can't come back and say nope your no longer approved?

I haven't had this.. being a self-payer. However and if I were you, you get your story straight in your head before you talk to her. Don't deviate from your line of 'yes, I am fully cognizant of the risks - and benefits. This is what I was after to begin with and because there is a change in procedure type on my form, it has not changed my original objective and the objective of that of my health-care professionals.'

Don't give the nurse an inch of doubt... you are RESOLUTE!

Best of luck. Let us know how you get on :) x

And my bad.. I said 'talk to her'.. of course, this could be a 'him', too.

Apologies.. Gender sensitivity went for a burton there momentarily!

Wow that was quick if you don't mind me asking, what kind of insurance do you have?

As far as I know once approved your approved, they won't take it back. They just like to make sure you are happy and sure about your decision because ain't no putting that tummy back once it's gone. They say some ppl really get depressed and have regret after. But not me.:.i was sleeved 10/30 and I'm happy and fine. I've lost 26 lbs which is kinda slow but I don't mind. I just want to lose another 40 lbs. They said it might be slower for me because my BMI was in the lower side of high..35.7. I figure with time it will all come off. I would probably have list more if I was getting all of my Protein in but I hate it...SMH. But I'm trying to do better.

I wish you luck and happiness.

Take Care,

K

Msk1972 that's my BMI too!! I was wondering the same thing do people with a lower BMI lose slower? My insurance is UHC choice plus and it covers 100%. I am so grateful. And so ready for my lifestyle change. My date is 12/30.

Yay us, for the 'lower' BMI!

I think we might all be slow losers.. However, it's all good in the hood. We're getting there.

Nice to meet you all :)

I have Aetna & my plan requires an Aetna nurse to follow/track any patient having any surgery. For most surgeries, they call only once before & maybe once or twice after to see if you have any questions or are having any problems. The nurse that was assigned to me told me that they follow bariatric patients for a year. She called me once a week for the first 2 weeks, then at a month, and then 3 months. She'll call again any day now for 6 months, and once or twice more til 12 months. In the preop call, she wanted me to explain to her what I knew about the surgery & why I chose it over other options. I think they just want to be sure that we've gotten good information from our docs & that we know about the risks & challenges that might come up postop. Good luck!

Msk1972 that's my BMI too!! I was wondering the same thing do people with a lower BMI lose slower? My insurance is UHC choice plus and it covers 100%. I am so grateful. And so ready for my lifestyle change. My date is 12/30.

low bmi does lose slow, but i am 13 months out and still losing....

I have a childhood friend who does this for a living now, from what I understand. She is a nurse, and she works for an insurance company, and she calls surgical patients. We don't talk that often, but when i spoke with her last she was using the example of someone getting knee replacement surgery, and she calls them just to make sure they understand the surgery and that they know of all the alternatives to surgery. And she said that people often think she has called specifically to talk them out of surgery, but that's not the case. I think it's the insurance company's way of trying to make sure the patient is completely informed. Seems like their effort is easily misread though, so I'm thinking the insurance company would want to come up with a better/different approach.

But ANYways! Yes, stand firm in your decision, and just consider it yet another hoop to jump through for insurance to cover your surgery.

Lol! That's great you're my sleeve twin!! Keep me posted on your progress. You'll be fine. Prayers up!!!

Nice to meet you too madaam & sweetvee!! Please keep me posted on your Weight loss adventures!!!

I most defiantly will. And thank you all for the replies. I guess I will be talking to the RN tomorrow. I guess I will just them

Do there job ????

I most defiantly will. And thank you all for the replies. I guess I will be talking to the RN tomorrow. I guess I will just them

Do there job ????

My date is 12/30 also just waiting for approval. I also have UHC!! So hopefully I am as lucky as you time wise!!