Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pcos And The Sleeve

Question was it easier to get approved for WLS due to your PCOS ? I've diagnosed as a teenager struggling with weight all my life, periods few far and sometimes never. Then I've had periods last 30days with excessive bleeding, now I'm over 300 lbs and losing my hair the DHT is attacking my hair follicles, I don't want to go bald, seriously I'm currently prescribed steroids to try to get my hair back all these factors and I don't see why I have to play thi insurance game.,

Hi MzGEE absoluetly it did help, my fear also was that my insurance wouldn't pay just because it was PCOS but to my surprise it was one of the top out of maybe like 6 conditions that i was asked if i had and was immediately checked off on my paperwork when i first saw my surgeon. That and the fact that my BMI was at 43 did it for me. I have Harvard Pilgrim for Insurance everything went by sooo Smooth and super Quick everything from start to surgery was 2 months, the insurance approved in 1 day. I am sure you'll be perfectly fine, soo sorry to hear you are going through so much my hair was falling of also because of the Metformin pills and my sugar was out of wack because of those pills i had to stop them, now my only complaint is still the hairloss but its now its due to the weightloss i just hope i dont go bald =( best of wishes you'll be fine like i said before, one of the things i did was call my insurance to make sure if they covered the WLS they said yes and i also asked the lady that was in charge of putting all the paperwork together to send in for insurance approval and with no doubt her response to me was you'll be fine for approval =)

Surgery date is Feb 3rd!! Yahoo!!! :) .... goodbye PCOS, hello sexy lady

Congrats Kiki2788 so happyyyy 4 you keep us posted =)

Congrats Kiki!!! I'm going in on the 7th!!!! You're only a few days ahead of me!!!!!

My surgeon is not concerned at all about the PCOS and def thinks the sleeve will help me. I am so excited to be getting this done!

I will definitely let you guys know how things go! I'm feeling more and more confident now about the sleeve. I just can't wait to be healthy and happy again... and wear all my sexy clothes... and maybe find a man lol :)

I have PCOS. My surgery date is February 4th so we are a day apart. Let's keep in touch.

I know this is a really stupid question but I had PCOS prior to having a complete hysterectomy in 2009. I am still a hairy beast, still get acne and my hair is still thinning. I am thinking that this should have resolved itself after my hysterectomy. I wonder if having the sleeve will help any of that. I also wonder if I will be a slow loser because of PCOS. Are you still PCOS if you no longer have your overies?

My endocrinologist told me it is a disease that affects more then just your ovaries so taking them out wont fix it...