Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well I am so disappointed with myself. I let life screw with my possibilities . I have not been exercising had my sleeve on the 2/28 2013. I am only down 42 pounds due to self sabotage, this damn s leave will let me eat en entire bagel. bread is my weakness, I just don't no what to do, I eat almost what I want, I've forgot what I know how to do, I am better then the sabotage I have caused. I am a manager mom and full time student but I have never allowed my self to make excuses. I'm considering phentermine to get back on track, thoughts?

Just regroup. Pick a date to start and give it your all. This battle with all of us is lifelong and we all slip up. Forgive yourself and get in the kitchen a cook some amazing, healthy meals. Also, bread is not off limits but you should probably find some balance with it. If you find that you cannot, then maybe you should consider ditching bread for a while all together.

Thank you endless, it's crazy because I know what I can do, it's like I have fallen into excuses, I will start again, thank you

Get back to basics.

I don't want to sound harsh, but putting the blame on the sleeve for "letting me eat an entire bagel" is ridiculous. I think you know this. Your sleeve has nothing to do with eating an entire bagel. That occurred long before you even took the first bite. You know bread is your weakness, so ...

I'm not going to spell it out. You have been sleeved for 9 months now.

So, as I said. Get back to basics.

Eat lean meat first, then veggies. I would suggest staying away from all starches for awhile. Don't drink before during or right after eating.

What are you doing for exercise?

I truly want everyone who gets WLS to be successful, but we have to get out of our own way sometimes. We are our own worst enemy. If you know your triggers, GET RID OF THEM!

BTW, you haven't failed, you are just being human. This is not an easy path by any means. We have our demons and they will continually plague us our entire lives. At least that has still been true for me at almost two and half years post op. If we give up, the demons win. So, no, you did not fail, you just confirmed you are human.

Pull yourself up and get back into the game. You can do this.

Pdxman I work at Starbucks, it gets so stressful, there's freakin carb nation every where, but you are so right, the sleeve was a blessing and a tool, I control what goes in and out, I can do this, maybe you can keep track of me every know and again, I am throwing g all the carbs out now. Thank you

Well I am so disappointed with myself. I let life screw with my possibilities . I have not been exercising had my sleeve on the 2/28 2013. I am only down 42 pounds due to self sabotage, this damn s leave will let me eat en entire bagel. bread is my weakness, I just don't no what to do, I eat almost what I want, I've forgot what I know how to do, I am better then the sabotage I have caused. I am a manager mom and full time student but I have never allowed my self to make excuses. I'm considering phentermine to get back on track, thoughts?

Don't beat yourself about it. Its only natural that you ate what you love. Just try to get into the habit of thinking before you eat. I know its easier said than done, but you can. When you see something which you like and want to eat just think for a moment , usually the moment will pass off and you wont think about it. I just say "does my body needs this" and my brain says no. And yes when the tongue buds win, just get back on track. And when eat junk it makes us miserable anyway, so that might act as another repellant to over eat. Hope this helps.

mubvashink

soooooo sorry you are having such a rough time :(

this is a support group, /no lectures, but......

we all care for you and want to help you get back on track

my immediate advice is to immediately go back to Protein shakes, liquids for a week or even two if you can handle that

it will help give you a kick in the asssss - giving you a jump start on losing a few lbs

go through your pantry et al and throw all the "junk" - potato chips, Cookies et al

i'm glad you gathered up the courage/strength to write us

that was hard to do, so pat yourself on the back!!!

you/we all know things can get rough :(

the sleeve is around to assist you in eating better - but you have to control what you eat

the sleeve is a life saver when you use it well/correctly

be good to the sleeve and it will be good to you :)

i/we/most of us can relate to your sadness/disappointed feelings

Get Over It!!! :lol:

today is a new day - and a new year is beginning

take it slow as you get back on the wagon - don't expect yourself to all of a sudden do everything at once

exercise is great!!!

do some walking, and walking to get you back into the groove

i know how smart you are - and i doubt you really forgot what to do with the sleeve - you just need a little nudge ;)

here we are ;)

don't drink while you eat

wait 40 minutes after you eat before you drink

drink at least 64 oz of Water

eat Protein, protein and then more protein - its good/necessary for you and dense protein like chicken really helps fill you up

get used to eating small quantities

"just becomes you can, doesn't mean you should"

famous words to live by spoken be us sleevers

you were able to eat that whole bagel - no restriction??

just know you are supposed to stop after a bit

you sound like a busy lady - being a mom/full time student

but i know you can be successful

old cliche, but..............

today is the first day of the rest of your life

don't let your disappointment get you down, causing you to eat more

"we'll" help you with questions/statements/ support

thats why we get the big bucks :lol:

good luck hun

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

Well.. yes, beat yourself up and get back in the saddle. Don't take your set back lightly or you'll keep repeating it. Self punishment/control is a virtue and an awesome tool just like the sleeve. Use it correctly and you will succeed yet again.

Go girl.. you can do it :D

Proudgrammy, I'm touched you would take the time to write that to me, yes back in the saddle today, I will post my activities daily in hopes to keep on track, I hot off the forum one mistake of many, but you are right I can and will get back on track, thank you all for your support, what amazing people.

Pdxman I work at Starbucks, it gets so stressful, there's freakin carb nation every where, but you are so right, the sleeve was a blessing and a tool, I control what goes in and out, I can do this, maybe you can keep track of me every know and again, I am throwing g all the carbs out now. Thank you

OMG I would be fat forever if I worked at Starbucks with just the Salty Caramel Frappachinos alone. Nevermind the CAKEPOPS.

How do you do it? lol

I'm pre-all this stuff. But I've seen people use the "5 day pouch" program to get back to basics.

There are threads about it here.

If you want your goal, you will reach your goal.

Ann

Well, we don't have a pouch, that is really directed at RnY folks. I know, for myself, when I need to drop 5 pounds, I get back to the basics for a couple weeks as I outlined.

Don't drink prior, during or right after eating

Start with lean Protein, then veggies

Exercise

I also have pretty much adopted the habit of eating slower than I did pre-op and chewing really well. I put my utensil down after each bite and don't take another if I am remotely sated.

I believe sleevers begin to have issues when they learn to "eat around" their sleeve and not follow the basic guidelines. Doing the pouch test is like every other diet I tried, but could not maintain. I can maintain the principles of the basic sleeve guidelines.

Good posts.

I am coming up on 2 years out in January. My sleeve is still restrictive....BUT....I can defeat it by ignoring the signals. When I started smoking many years ago I coughed and gagged but kept on going. I didn't listen to my body. The only "smoking" I do now is on the guitar. B)

The sleeve doesn't scream, it just informs ...if you are listening.....paying attention to the feelings it generates. Being distracted by talking, TV watching, etc. can divert your attention from the warnings and you'll drive right through.

Take eating seriously...pay attention to it closely...you will hear the sleeve say "enough".

Edited by gmanbat