Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rate Of Weight Loss, Those Starting Under 200 Lb?

First month sleeve I lost quite a bit (~30lbs), but that was to take off what I had gained from my lap band being unfilled for many months (probably mostly Water weight). After that, it's business as usual, it's about 1-2 lbs. a week at 900-1200 cal/day, 60 carbs.

I seriously got back to basics about six weeks ago to try and lose more. Drinking one or two shakes a day, and eating greens and Proteins. I have lost five lbs. but the scale is stuck. I pretty much eat right, but a lot of trips to the Gulf Coast, and wonderful seafood, was my downfall. Last night we had Snapper sautéed in a bit of olive oil. I will not give up, but it seems no matter how little I eat, the scale doesn't move.

I'm 44 yrs old, 5'3" tall. My first consult weigh-in was 206. After the pre-op liquid diet I think I was 190 on the day of surgery. I'm about 2 weeks post-op now and scale says 183. I was told up front to expect to be a slower loser due to starting out in the lower bmi. I'm good with that. I too think it's important to look at %excess weight rather than raw number comparisons. So far I've just been walking, but I can tell a difference in how I feel already. Looking forward to trying some yoga and dance classes when I get cleared for it. Slower loss has its upsides too.

We are really similar!! I am 44 yrs old, but I'm taller (5'5"). I was 207 at my first consult, 192 on day of surgery. I'm 5 weeks out and I weigh 181.8. It's been really slow for me--lots of standing still, tiny ups and downs--but it'll come off. :D That's not saying I don't wish it wasn't faster, but this appears to be the way it's going to go.
You've got a great attitude. Yes, I believe it will come off too. It can be tough to avoid comparing yourself with others. 3 pounds per week can discourage me a little, but over several months it will add up!

I went to the dr today (love her!) and she told me I'm right on target. In fact, she said on average, her patients lose about 10 pounds in the first month, and since I started at a lower weight, I might even be ahead of the curve if you go by percentages.

That was great to hear. She told me to keep doing what I'm doing, other than just upping my exercise to daily, which I knew I should be doing anyway (but honestly, I personally feel like that is a health issue more than a wt loss issue--and I know others would argue that point ;) )

Maybe try to not weigh yourself every day or every week? Haven't had my surgery yet but I read on here that someone had her hubby keep the scale in his truck for the first 3 weeks. I thought that was a fantastic tip. Planning to have my hubby keep our scale in his car. I'm a person that has weighed every day since committing to having the surgery on September 1. I also have tracked every thing I put in my mouth since then.

Keep in mind that the non surgical way to lose weight healthy is 1# per week on average. Surgery helps us succeed that and then some. When you are feeling like you're not losing fast enough calculate your weight loss for weekly and not daily. If you are over 1# then you are excelling. Try to remember that to keep track of inches. My surgeon said during most weight stalls the body is adjusting to rapid weight loss and that is the time to track inches lost. I truly hope that post-op I don't get discourage from only losing X amount of pounds. I want to remember that X amount of pounds is more than I would of lost without surgery. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using the BariatricPal App

51 minutes ago, mitchjoann132010 said:

Really nervous about this!

You should be reassured! Many of those women did GREAT!!

I have my surgery coming up April 25th. I'm 5'0 and really scared I'm going to be an extremely slow loser.

I feel like my diet pre and post op are very strict.

PreOp and up to 7 weeks after my surgeon will not allow me to have any solid food.

Does anybody else have a diet this strict?

· 2 weeks preop diet: Protein Shakes and Clear Liquids only

· 2 weeks post op diet: Protein shakes and clear liquids only

· 3 & 4 weeks postop: I can add in creamy liquids

· 5 & 6 weeks postop: I can add in pureed foods

· 7+ weeks: I can slowly integrate solid foods.

Holy crap. That’s super strict! I was just at 200 lbs and a 33 BMI when I was sleeved. I had four days of liquid only prior to surgery and could introduce creamy foods after ten days post op! I am almost three years out and lost all my excess weight within a year (most by 7 months). I’m 25 BMI and holding now. It worked for me, but we always say you need to follow your surgeon’s rules.

I feel like my diet pre and post op are very strict.

PreOp and up to 7 weeks after my surgeon will not allow me to have any solid food.

Does anybody else have a diet this strict?

· 2 weeks preop diet: Protein Shakes and Clear Liquids only

· 2 weeks post op diet: Protein shakes and clear liquids only

· 3 & 4 weeks postop: I can add in creamy liquids

· 5 & 6 weeks postop: I can add in pureed foods

· 7+ weeks: I can slowly integrate solid foods.

Mine is exactly like yours, and preop starts today. When are you scheduled?

Definitely, I'll follow their rules. I just heard of people being able to eat fruits and veggies on their liquid diet and it's crazy how different everyone's diet is. I'm 216 lbs and 5'0 tall. They make every one of their patient's do this. Most likely gonna be cranky during the post op diet but I will make it through it!!

I'm scheduled for April 25th so pre op starts on April 11th. : /

On 3/26/2018 at 7:24 PM, mitchjoann132010 said:

I have my surgery coming up April 25th. I'm 5'0 and really scared I'm going to be an extremely slow loser.

Your numbers are a lot like mine. I'm losing slowly but steadily. Don't worry about it, you will be fine