Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rate Of Weight Loss, Those Starting Under 200 Lb?

Those of you who started out relatively smaller, what was your rate of loss?

Slow. It's logical that the closer you are to goal the harder it is.

I'm hoping for 1.5 at least a week-- but want to be realistic.

Well.. There may be weeks.. Yes, that plural, that you won't lose a fraction of an once and maybe gain a little. It's just the way your body is adjusting to your new lifestyle changes. You will have to be patient and work at things

I started at 202(day of surgery, 211 preop diet) and I'm nearly 3 weeks out and only down 10.5 lbs! scale hasn't moved in 5 days! Not sure if bc I was smaller my stall maybe is earlier than the infamous 3 weeker?! Trying to stay positive I am eating a fraction of what I used to, it will eventually have to come off by laws of Science. Now I see how hard it would've been to continue diets bc I get to this point and give up and thanks to my trusty sleeve, I cannot!

I started at 204, and the pre-op diet got me to 192 - 12 lbs gone in 6 weeks.

Surgery day was 11/13/13, and I weighed 192 that morning.

Today, at 3.5 weeks out, I weigh 180 - another 12 lbs gone since surgery. (I'm tickled pink with that, but at the same time I'm kinda disappointed when I see a picture of myself and I'm not thin yet! I know, I know, I didn't get to this point over night either.)

So my post-op rate of loss has been about 3-4 lbs per week, and I'm not exercizing. I've been trying to convince myself to start an exercize plan, and I even have one selected... but I just hate exercize! I work at a desk job, so that's no help.

Oh, and I forgot to say ... I'm 5'3" tall and small boned.

I am 5'2 and my weight day of Surgery was 230. That was 6 days ago. Today I am 217. That's 13 lbs in 6 days. I'm in shock! Lol Especially since I Lost nothing in the 2 week pre op diet.

Edited by LuminousLife

I started at 204, and the pre-op diet got me to 192 - 12 lbs gone in 6 weeks.

Surgery day was 11/13/13, and I weighed 192 that morning.

Today, at 3.5 weeks out, I weigh 180 - another 12 lbs gone since surgery. (I'm tickled pink with that, but at the same time I'm kinda disappointed when I see a picture of myself and I'm not thin yet! I know, I know, I didn't get to this point over night either.)

So my post-op rate of loss has been about 3-4 lbs per week, and I'm not exercizing. I've been trying to convince myself to start an exercize plan, and I even have one selected... but I just hate exercize! I work at a desk job, so that's no help.

Lucky ducky! Call me I'd wait for a stall before adding exercise! :D

I was 206 day of surgery 4 weeks ago today. I am almost 5'8" . I have lost 16 lbs since surgery day (190 today). That is over 33% of my excess weight - I don't really want super dramatic loss (for health's sake) and because I've only told my husband, sis and mother about my surgery & don't want anyone asking me what's up (want to avoid the conversations altogether since I don't want to fib to anyone!). I am also hyper focused on body fat percentage-- I am at 39% now & seek to have that go down significantly along with my weight. Good luck to everyone !!

It's hard to accept compared to people who go from like 280 to 140 in three seconds. But I am trying to embrace the fact that any downward weight trend is good.

I started at 206 and am 11 months out, and today I weigh 116. I'm satisfied with my rate of loss. Things really slowed down for me around month 5 and 6, and I had to recommit myself.

I started at 206 and am 11 months out, and today I weigh 116. I'm satisfied with my rate of loss. Things really slowed down for me around month 5 and 6, and I had to recommit myself.

Jenny as I am nearing my 5-6 month mark, I'm curious what you did to recommit yourself? I would love to have a palm for whatever lies ahead.

I'm hoping for 1.5 at least a week-- but want to be realistic.

Realistically....you should not expect any certain number. It will vary from week to week. You will have stalls and you will lose slower than others if you are already under 200lbs. But for sure you will be disappointed if have expectations of the scale...expectations that you cannot control. Focus on the fact that you are getting healthier every week. And a year from now you will be a whole new healthy person.

Lucky ducky! Call me I'd wait for a stall before adding exercise! :D

Really? Wait for a stall? Why? Losing weight makes the scale go down...nothing else. Exercise extends your life and improves the quality of it.

Jenny as I am nearing my 5-6 month mark, I'm curious what you did to recommit yourself? I would love to have a palm for whatever lies ahead.

I actually went back to Protein Shakes for two weeks. It was tough, but I didn't do this to half ass it. :)