Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Long Have You Been Banded And If No Longer Banded Why Not

How do you know your body rejected it from the beginning?

3 years banded, now 3 months un-banded!

As it turned out, my body rejected the band pretty much from the beginning, I gave it a good try.

~hiddn

5 1/2 months and I'm 12 lbs. from my goal weight! The band is amazing and I'm thrilled with the results. I look and feel better than I have in many many years.

14 months out.....was to tight for 1 month and had to be completely unfilled to let my insides settle down and heal..on the 17th will start the process over and start refilling. Outside of finally getting to the green only to go a little over board...I was finally getting the benifit of being banded and was loving it...only to start over. I cant wait to get back to filling and into the green zone again.....I hope to have the aid of my band the rest of my life :)

2 years banded in January. No issues. Normal BMI. Size 8 jeans. :-D

Banded August 2008. 90lbs gone. Could be better. No complications.

Banded last January.. 55 lbs lost.. absolutely the best decision of my life... no issues whatsoever.. It works if you work with it.. love feeling good again and shopping for new clothes is a plus..

10 1/2 months out, 126lbs gone, now just a few lbs away from being a normal BMI for the first time in my adult life!

10 Months out and BEST decision I have ever made. Working my band daily and 91.2 lbs down. From a size 28/30 and 5x shirt to a 22 and a XL/2x shirt..Still have a ways to go, but I am loving where I am at so far!

I was banded in 2005 and lost 100 pounds. However, I gained most of it back due to such bad vomiting and reflux. My band was too tight and there was a slip that wasn't diagnosed until 2011. Accessing my port was difficult because it flipped and was at an awkward angle. My doctor kept insisting the restriction was where it should be even though I couldn't eat "normal" food. I got a new doctor in 2011 at a different facility. He ordered an Upper GI that showed there was WAY to much restriction and removed some of the Fluid. Eventually all the Fluid needed to be removed and I was still having horrible reflux and difficulty eating. I was revised to Gastric Sleeve on 11/27/13 and my Dr. said the band caused an infection in my stomach tissue and it appeared my body was having an adverse reaction to it. I am so happy to be rid of that band because I was so miserable with it. I have to say, I think my original doctor did not do a very good job (based on what my current doctor saw when doing the surgery) with the surgery or the after care. If I could do it over again, I would never have gone to him and I would have never had the band..... I would have opted for something different. But this is just my experience, I know some people love their band. It just didn't work for my body.

Kyleebean, what is the name, city & state, AND your surgeon's name? (The one who installed the band). The world should know his name!!!

How were you able to live SIX YEARS with a band that was too right?! Why did you let your surgeon dictate what was done and what happened or didn't happen to your body? I'm not condemning you, I just would like to know how did you cope and why weren't you your own advocate.

Kyleebean, what is the name, city & state, AND your surgeon's name? (The one who installed the band). The world should know his name!!!

How were you able to live SIX YEARS with a band that was too right?! Why did you let your surgeon dictate what was done and what happened or didn't happen to your body? I'm not condemning you, I just would like to know how did you cope and why weren't you your own advocate.

Banded on 9/13/13 - roughly 3 months. Almost 40 pounds lost - only 1 fill. Best thing I have ever done! I have had no band related issues! Have about 50 pounds to get to goal weight of 150. I have to exercise and I do eat well 99% of the time!

If you are contemplating surgery and that is why you are asking - you do have to work at this. It's not an easy fix, but if you do what you are supposed to do - the band will work with you. This site helps tremendously because you get some support. I didn't know anyone who had lapband surgery before me. Everyone here has helped guide me through this process. You still have to eat and you have to gain mental stability and control or you can make bad choices. The new way of eating takes some effort and you have to plan your meals, but it is a new way of life for me and I have accepted that. I was morbidly obese and I do not want to be that person ever again!

1day

1day