Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Else Cold All The Time?

I am freezing! I can not get warm for anything! I know it's 20 degrees out bu still! I guess this happens with with WLS people from what I have heard. Just curious if anyone else has been effected

I'm soooooooooooo cold always. Lost insulation!

that is an understatement....I fear I am going to die a Popsicle if things don't change....I used to think I would rather be cold then hot anytime..NOW..not so sure..Everyone says that you do adjust but it takes some time..Okay....It is over a year..I did my time......she sighs!

Oh my gosh, I stay cold! At work, I am always wearing a sweater and have a little heater hidden under my desk. Right now, I have a fire going in the fireplace and am buried under my fuzzy purple blanket. Now, keep in mind, I live in Florida!!

I tended to be cold often prior to my surgery. It seems the only time I was hot was when a hot flash occurred or if I was outside riding my bike when it was warm. I am now six weeks post-op and cold all the time. At home I have two blankets on me and at work normally have a heater on under my desk.

Susan, your post above doesn't give me hope that this will go away.

Freezing ALL the time. Has not stopped for me one bit!

Cuddle duds. Best underwear ever. Can't be without them! Or my heated throw.

Also, it takes a bunch to get me sweating at the gym now. Before, I just walked in the door and started sweating. So weird since I'm probably better hydrated than ever!

Me, me, me! I don't think I have ever worn so many layers, day and night, lol. However, having gone from a sweating blob to a cool skinny mini, I know which one I prefer....

I tended to be cold often prior to my surgery. It seems the only time I was hot was when a hot flash occurred or if I was outside riding my bike when it was warm. I am now six weeks post-op and cold all the time. At home I have two blankets on me and at work normally have a heater on under my desk. Susan, your post above doesn't give me hope that this will go away.

Oops, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Freezing ALL the time. Has not stopped for me one bit! Cuddle duds. Best underwear ever. Can't be without them! Or my heated throw. Also, it takes a bunch to get me sweating at the gym now. Before, I just walked in the door and started sweating. So weird since I'm probably better hydrated than ever!

Cuddle Duds??? Time to Google!

Always cold. I have literally 120 cardigan sweaters in all colors. I wear them to work everyday (even in summer;d/t air conditioning), and have my old favorites I wear at home daily. Four blankets on the bed. Just invested in cuddle duds for under my short sleeve shirts. And I wear long underwear to bed. I live in Minnesota, but since I lost weight this is year round. I freeze when it's time for a shower. It's great to have lost so much fat, but that stuff was sure insulating. Linda

I have had lapband surgery and now changing to the sleeve. But yes lost like 50lbs and cold is all the time for sure. I was hopping it would go way bit it has not.

Yes, Life is different but I still would rather be cold and get warm than be hot ALL time and try to cool off. It is much easier to get warm than cool off!

Yes, cuddle duds are da bomb!

Newat52 I ordered some cuddl duds based on your recommendation.

Yes!! I hate being hot, and always had my air turned up or heat turned down. Today I swear I complained it was cold 100 times. It was chilly in the house but I notice I sweat less and get over heated less as soon as my pre op started.