Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tall Women, Tell Me Your Story!

Hi! I'm tall. ????

I'm 6'1. 25 years old.

Highest weight: 322 (in November).

Pre-surgery: 319.

Day of surgery: 314.

Currently (9 days out): 298.

My surgeon's goal weight for me is 200. My primary care's goal is 210. I don't remember ever being in the 100's. I was 200 lbs in middle school. And even when I played basketball in college I was a firm (very muscular) 220.

Edited by Afrikanaaa

Hello to all the tall ladies :)

I am 5'10" and my primary care said that my goal weight should be around 175. I am shooting for 165. I don't remember ever weighing that little, so I will see how my body feels when I get closer to those weights. Right now I feel pretty good just being under 200lbs for the first time in my adult life.

Hope all the recent surgical people are doing well!

I'm 5'11 and my start weight the day of surgery was 397lbs. I'm now 279 and my dr said I should be lucky if I get to 209lbs. I can't remember weighing that ever so I will just take it as it comes and see how I feel. I know that I'd like to be under 200lbs for sure.

This is me now! How do you feel? I carry my weight in my belly area. My surgery is on 3/31. Last question how is your skin?

I am 511. Currently 398. Heaviest I have ever been. Carry most of my weight in my belly. My surgery is 3/31/16. Excited after reading all your posts. How has skin been for all you tallies?

I'm 5'9.5". My start weight was 278 in June 2015, my goal was 175lbs. Now I'm sitting at 169lbs. I'm pretty happy with where I'm at (size 10 on the bottom, medium on top), but I have revised my goal to 165lbs because I fear the "bounce" of regain! This is the lowest weight I've been since my teens and I couldn't be happier. I'm still at the upper end of my BMI, but happy to be "normal"

I am 511. Currently 398. Heaviest I have ever been. Carry most of my weight in my belly. My surgery is 3/31/16. Excited after reading all your posts. How has skin been for all you tallies?

I have some loose skin on my upper thighs, upper arms, breasts and lower belly. Overall it's not bad though. I've done a lot of weight training which has really helped my arms. I have these saggy pockets on my upper thighs that I'm self conscious about, but it just means that I'm not going to wear short shorts---and I'm ok with that at age 35. My boobs are deflated, wrinkly blobs that I will probably get fixed once I've maintained for 1 year.

I am 5'9" and am down to 153. My goal is 140. That's what I was when I got married (actually I was 142), and I loved that weight. Hope to get back to it! Honestly, though, if I didn't shed one more pound, I am pretty ecstatic at where I am at right now!

I am 45, never smoked....I have some loose skin on my arms, stomach, and thighs. It's the stomach that is the worst. I have about 30lbs left to go. I'll see how it feels once I'm at goal but it doesn't bother me too much. I would rather have the skin than be that heavy again....I can do so much more!

5'11" here. I was sleeved on December 10th, 2015. My highest weight was 301, SW 284 and CW 252. I've lost 20" in the measured areas (which wasn't many) since December. January proved very... tough for me. I didn't lose like I wanted/expected, but I lost none the less.

Ill be 2 months postop tomorrow, and I'm looking and feeling better already. Excited to see what month 2 brings, weight loss wise. I'm getting lots if compliments already. Good luck to all of you awaiting surgery! This has been the best decision, by far, in regards to my health that I have made.

5'11" here. I was sleeved on December 10th, 2015. My highest weight was 301, SW 284 and CW 252. I've lost 20" in the measured areas (which wasn't many) since December. January proved very... tough for me. I didn't lose like I wanted/expected, but I lost none the less.

Ill be 2 months postop tomorrow, and I'm looking and feeling better already. Excited to see what month 2 brings, weight loss wise. I'm getting lots if compliments already. Good luck to all of you awaiting surgery! This has been the best decision, by far, in regards to my health that I have made.

You are doing great! I didn't lose what I wanted in January either but I found I was eating slider foods and not paying as much attention to my diet as I should. You can do it!

I'm 5'11 and my surgeon's range for me is 180-210. I honestly would like to get a little under 180 just to have wiggle room, but we will see.

I'm 5'11 and my surgeon's range for me is 180-210. I honestly would like to get a little under 180 just to have wiggle room, but we will see.

So, what's with the huge difference between docs? My doc says I need to be at 149 at 5'11". Let's call it 150 foe me and 180 for you. 30 ponds is like 20% of ones bodyweight at that size (give or take). That seems like a huge discrepancy, or one of us is getting set up to fail.

Puzzled, me.

So, what's with the huge difference between docs? My doc says I need to be at 149 at 5'11". Let's call it 150 foe me and 180 for you. 30 ponds is like 20% of ones bodyweight at that size (give or take). That seems like a huge discrepancy, or one of us is getting set up to fail.

Puzzled, me.

I'm not sure what the difference is. I know I would be a skeleton if I got down to 150. I'm aiming for 170.