Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tall Women, Tell Me Your Story!

Was sleeved 12/8. Just under 6', me. Heaviest weight was 293, dieted down to 190 at one point a few years ago. I was 251 on day of surgery. I have little in the way of goals. There is no magic number out there for me. I have clothes I want to wear again... I don't really know what is realistic for me. I think my immediate goal is to survive day to day and get my liquids to stay down painlessly.

Was sleeved 12/8. Just under 6', me. Heaviest weight was 293, dieted down to 190 at one point a few years ago. I was 251 on day of surgery. I have little in the way of goals. There is no magic number out there for me. I have clothes I want to wear again... I don't really know what is realistic for me. I think my immediate goal is to survive day to day and get my liquids to stay down painlessly.

Emilie.Lancaster may I ask who your surgeon was?

Tredfern do you mind me asking what size you wear at 165lbs? I'm curious what size you started at and are wearing now for pant, top and shoe. I started at a tight 22 and size 11W shoes. My shoes are all too big now and I would love to be a regular size 10M in shoes again. Right now I'm wearing a size 16 pant a little bigger in tops.

Sorry it took me this long to figure out how to reply to this post....I couldn't do it from my phone! I was up to a size 20 pant and now I wear a 12....sometimes a 10 but the 12 is my go to for the most part. My feet have always been small and narrow for my size so I never noticed a change to be honest.

Emilie.Lancaster may I ask who your surgeon was?
Yes. Dr. Williams in Atlanta. Best reputation around.

Hi, I'm 5'11" hw 290, cw 282. I was 140lbs when I married at age 21. Very skinny. I have had to take Vitamin D for the last 3 months to get my levels right before surgery. I get a reevaluation from my psych on Jan 13th and hopefully schedule surgery soon after. My goal weight is 160lbs. My surgeon hasn't given me his goal yet. I'm so looking forward to being able to breath again. You all are great inspirations! Keep up the good work and hopefully I'll be joining you all again soon!

Hi, I'm 5'11" hw 290, cw 282. I was 140lbs when I married at age 21. Very skinny. I have had to take Vitamin D for the last 3 months to get my levels right before surgery. I get a reevaluation from my psych on Jan 13th and hopefully schedule surgery soon after. My goal weight is 160lbs. My surgeon hasn't given me his goal yet. I'm so looking forward to being able to breath again. You all are great inspirations! Keep up the good work and hopefully I'll be joining you all again soon!

Hey! Our stats are identical! Though I've never been 140 (at least not in my adult life). My HW was 301. Pre-surgery weight 291, SW 284, CW 270. Surgery was 12/10.

Looking forward to seeing your journey!

Hi there! Wow, ten days out and already down 14lbs! You're doing awesome! Look forward to talking with ya! Keep up the good work! :-)

Edited by funredneckgal

I'm 5'10 and I weighed 287 before surgery. I am currently 215 at 9 months out. My primary care doctor suggested 170 but I'm not sure I want to look like that again. I was 154lbs in high school 20+ years ago. post-238494-1452045146272_thumb.jpg I took this picture a week ago.

Here is a picture before

post-238494-14520452244417_thumb.jpg

I am 5'10". SW (Dec 8th) 297 CW 220 My lowest weight ever was 135...super skinny! My goal is around 160 maybe 150. At one time 170/180 looked great on me but I figure now that I am older(38 ),I may need to be a little under.

Edited by freemommy×4

This is an old thread, but I am 5'8. My personal hope was to get to 145. On the My Weight app it put my goal as 130! I think that's too low. I wouldn't have even thought that was an option for me. I'm still 90 plus pounds away.

Picking a goal feels like picking your own new name. And the guidelines from the docs, I wonder who gets to decide what a healthy weight is for me. The ranges are not so much an indication of health so much as an actuarial device. That said, I'm 5'11, and surgery weight was 249.6. HW (several years ago) 293. Lowest weight as an adult with diet, 187. Current weight 224. Sleeved 12-8-2015.

So... Goal....

The doc says 149.

.... Really!?.... That is an ideal weight?

I looked SkInNy at 189. I think 175 is a very healthful goal.

But being so very tall, 10 pounds is hardly noticeable. So maybe ducking 10 more pounds under the lowest place I have been as an adult will be okay. We shall see. I'm far from 6 months post surgery, and I can't even begin to imagine what is right. We shall see. But, I'm eager to see where this story goes from here.

I'm 5'10" and my first real goal is 250lbs, then 200lbs. If I continue to lose from there, great! If not, oh well. 250 will be the smallest I've been in 13 years so I will consider that a huge accomplishment. As long as I'm healthy and happy, I'll be fine with whatever weight!

I'm 5'10" and one half lol. I'm targeting 155. I haven't weighed that since elementary school but I'm 15 pounds from that now and feel like I still need to lose some more and the weight is still coming off pretty well at this point. I'm shooting for a bmi of 22. I'm post menopause so I think I have less muscle now and should probably go lower than I would have a couple of decades ago.

I just tried on clothes over the weekend and I was a bit disappointed that I need a size 14 in a dress due to my wide shoulders. I wish the size of the clothes didn't bother me but I have to admit it bugs me a just a bit. Sigh.