Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tall Women, Tell Me Your Story!

Please post pictures so we can have an idea

Here are a few. I'm about 185 in most of these.

post-169315-0-80994700-1391224429_thumb.jpg

post-169315-0-88829300-1391224485_thumb.jpg

post-169315-0-08311300-1391224510_thumb.jpg

I'm 6'0. My HW 340, I am 3 months out and am 251. My goal I think is somewhere from 175-185. I have no clue what I will look like then. I also set a goal of getting to a size 8 or 10.

<p>I am 5' 11" HW 247. I am now down to 150, though I was completely satisfied at 170</p>

Our stats are very similar. I'm 174-177 with a goal of 70. I couldn't imagine 150! Please send pics!!

Here are a few. I'm about 185 in most of these.

Omg you look good!!!

Omg you look good!!!

Thanks! I have a weird habit of taking pics of what I'm running in. :) Here's yesterday's run for the Best Damn Race 10K:

post-169315-0-35899800-1391358082_thumb.jpg

Thanks! I have a weird habit of taking pics of what I'm running in. :) Here's yesterday's run for the Best Damn Race 10K:

Omg so hot! Congrats!

<p>I am 5' 11" HW 247. I am now down to 150, though I was completely satisfied at 170</p>

Our stats are very similar. I'm 174-177 with a goal of 70. I couldn't imagine 150! Please send pics!!

not sure if this will work, i'm pretty technologically incompetent for a teenager...

post-194551-0-87112900-1389463394_thumb.jpg
post-194551-0-28807400-1389463431_thumb.jpg

hi ladies!!

im 19 yrs old, 5'11 currently at my heaviest weight of 349. I'm so excited my surgery is scheduled for august 6th and in on the liquid diet right now. my only concerns are with loose skin and thinning hair. my hair stylist told me that I can use prenatal Vitamins in my Shampoo and that will help with the hair thinning but I'm just worried about my skin.

being young I have a lot of goals for myself like wearing a bikini for the first time and getting to ride on carnival rides again. when I think about it I get emotional because to others those things are regular accurences but for me it's going to be a whole new life, and if hate fire flabby skin to get in the way. hopefully I can get some encouragement and encourage others as well!

xoxo

Jess

Good luck lady! You'll do great! Best advice I can give you is to read as much as you can! Be super informed before your surgery. And be patient! Everyone loses at their own pace and you have an entire lifetime to work your sleeve. Good luck and let me know how I can help! (I am 7 months out from surgery)

Ashley

I am a senior sleever 61 and a tall women at 6ft 1inch . Sched for surgery on the 15th of Sept ...Attend a montlhly support group but so anxious to follow every ones story . My goal is just to get healthy ..Starting wt 319 down to 250 and would just love to weigh 190. It is different comparing your self to your shorter sister sleevers.

Hi all

I am 6ft tall and was sleeved July 29 2013. Hw 377.5 sw 353.8 cw 282.8. My goal is 200 lbs.

I'm just in the beginning phases but your height and weight are very close to mine. I also want to get to 200 actually 199 just So I can say I I'm in onederland. Lol

Surgery 1/17/13

5'11"

HW 273

CW 180

Plastic Surgery: 7/22/14 (lower body lift, arm lift, breast lift/augmentation, neck lift)

Results: first bikini in 25 years

post-169315-0-10227400-1409359541_thumb.jpg

Just a quick shout out to all those ladies who posted pics here to inspire us. A roll call (iirc) Soocalchick, deedadumble, DeezJeans, SleeveNZ and Livilu.

I'm not sure if I still qualify as tall. All my adult life since sometime in high school I have been 6'0" tall, but when I went to the surgeon's office for the initial intake they measured me as 5'9". So, am I still tall??

I'm at the beginning of my journey, just sleeved on 7/14/14. I put my goal down as 162.5 because somewhere in my past I had a doctor say that number to me. My surgical team hasn't set a goal weight for me yet so until they do, that's the one I'll use. I think, though, that I may decide I'm happiest at something more like 185, but I guess we'll see how things are when I get down to that weight. (Notice I said "when")

Just a quick shout out to all those ladies who posted pics here to inspire us. A roll call (iirc) Soocalchick, deedadumble, DeezJeans, SleeveNZ and Livilu. I'm not sure if I still qualify as tall. All my adult life since sometime in high school I have been 6'0" tall, but when I went to the surgeon's office for the initial intake they measured me as 5'9". So, am I still tall??

I would still call you tall. I would re-ck your height at home. Three inches is a lot of height to lose! If they were trying to make sure your BMI qualified you for insurance to cover they may have made you shorter! I have been 5'11" since high school. My primary doc recently measured me at 5'10"! I'm not giving up an inch without a fight! :)

I had a goal weight in mind of 175, but my body stopped losing at 180. I also tried not to obsess over goal weights because it wasn't something I could control. My goals are measurable: eat 60+ g of Protein a day (now 100+ so I can have good healing), drink 60+ ounces of Water a day, and exercise 60+ min a day. I'm not back to exercising yet but am planning to start in a week.

I was 183 before plastics and the doc removed 4lbs of skin but put in implants and some of the tissue was put in to my butt (butt flap augmentation), so I'm thinking once the swelling is all gone and I'm not eating extra for healing purposes I might be able to make it to 175 or maybe 170. I'm ok if that doesn't happen. I wear mainly a 12 and some 10s. My hips are pretty boney now so I'm not sure if I would be able to fit in all 10s even if I lost.

I would still call you tall. I would re-ck your height at home. Three inches is a lot of height to lose! If they were trying to make sure your BMI qualified you for insurance to cover they may have made you shorter! I have been 5'11" since high school. My primary doc recently measured me at 5'10"! I'm not giving up an inch without a fight! :)

Well, not so recent now but between the last time I was measured at 6' and now, I have had 3 herniated disks in my lower back, which is what I am assuming accounts for the loss of height. But still, 3"? I feel like it's absurd and not possible. But I had another team member measure my height in a different room and he got the same result, so go figure.