Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tall Women, Tell Me Your Story!

Wow. Amazing results. So are you ladies working out? If so, what's your workout regimen? I've heard some people never working out some I'm curious. I do 30-40 mins of cardio 4x weekly and my surgery is next month. Also how are you eating? Are you doing low carb diets? I weigh 290 at 5'8-9" and would like to get to 160ish... Any help or tips would be great!!!!!

I started the Couch to 5K running program in February when I was 245lbs. Since then I have run 3 5K races and 2 10K races. I'm training for a half marathon now and ran 8 miles this morning. I feel great, but really have to balance getting my nutritional needs met for running and still being able to lose. I am 181 and have 6 pounds to go to meet my goal weight. I love running because all I need are good shoes.

My plan is 60+g of Protein, 60+ou of Water and 60+ min of exercise. I don't log or watch carbs, but I try to stay away from processed foods because they make me feel like crap. I eat Protein first (Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese, boiled eggs, and chicken) and veggies second.

YOU LOOK AWESOME HONEY !!!!

Thank you!

I'm 5"10 and started at 275lbs now 165lbs. I would love to be 150lbs! Over a year out - recent pic :)

[ATTACH]38803[/ATTACH]

you look really nice!!!

I'm tallish I'm 5'8" I'm down to 182 from a high of 315 I think I'm at goal if I lost another 5 lbs I'd be ok too..

These are my befores

These are after

you look awesome!!!!!!!!!!! congrats!

Im 5'8" and my CW is 290. I do not want to be any less from 175-180

but my surgeon is talking about 160 maybe 150. I don't want to look unhealthy.

Im 5'8" and my CW is 290. I do not want to be any less from 175-180

but my surgeon is talking about 160 maybe 150. I don't want to look unhealthy.

Mine said the same thing. Guess I will just have to see when I get there! I had my surgery 12/9- HW 297, SW 287, CW 271. I am 5'10".

My surgeon just set a 160lb goal for me...Im 5'9. I am good with 170. We shall see!

well I had my 1st born at 16 and when I became pregnant I was 167lbs and was skinny dipping. I see pictures and I say "omg I was so skinny" that's why Im aiming at 180 at least.

I'm 5'9"

In high school I was 160 and I do look gaunt in pictures. I am big boned so I'm going to be shooting for 175-180

I'm 5'10", starting weight was 252. I'm 8 months post op and now 179, my goal is 170 because that will put my BMI under 25. Currently my BMI is 25.8. If I never lost another pound I'd still be the happiest person in the world! I'm wearing size 10 jeans (sometimes size 8) and medium tops. I finally feel NORMAL!!

Wow I don't think I can do 150 I'm 5'9 my dr said 175 - 180. Thought that was still a little high but 150 I think will be to thin for my height? We will see. Scheduled for 12/30

Personally I think it would be too thin. I'm 5'10" and 179. My goal is 170. I'm a size 10 pants, medium top. I'm amazed at how good I feel!

I'm 5'10", starting weight was 252. I'm 8 months post op and now 179, my goal is 170 because that will put my BMI under 25. Currently my BMI is 25.8. If I never lost another pound I'd still be the happiest person in the world! I'm wearing size 10 jeans (sometimes size 8) and medium tops. I finally feel NORMAL!!

CONGRATS :)))

Well I am 166ish and about 5'9-10". HW 304 SW 271 CW 166 third goal met in 6 months. Size med top and 10-12 bottoms. If I did this anyone can!

Well I am 166ish and about 5'9-10". HW 304 SW 271 CW 166 third goal met in 6 months. Size med top and 10-12 bottoms. If I did this anyone can!

Oh how I hope so!! What as your exercise regimen and did you follow the high protein/low carb diet? I am trying - during the holidays it's been sooo hard though

Readbean I do protien first then veggies. Not too many starches as in no corn and pototoes about once a week. bread once a week. I'm in the maintenance phse so It's still trial and error. I make a conscience effort to eat or I lose more weight. Happy weight range 166-170. You can do this. Remember it is a weight loss journey not a sprint.

I do Protein first, but at 4 months out I am nowhere near goal. I will just keep it up:)