Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tall Women, Tell Me Your Story!

I'm 5'11" and was sleeved 6 months ago. Starting weight was 258. Weight now 199. My goal is 180. But I only ever wanted to be below 200 so I am happy. These last 20 lbs are going slowly. My body keeps changing, even if the scale doesn't. Starting to see a waist for instance -- it's been at least 20 years since I have seen that. What a journey!

I'm tallish I'm 5'8" I'm down to 182 from a high of 315 I think I'm at goal if I lost another 5 lbs I'd be ok too..

These are my befores

These are after

U better wurk, girl!! Nj:))

5'9" and my surgeons goal for me is 165...but I'd be happy with 180. My highest weight was 286, my surgery was in Oct 2013, and I now weigh 226.

I'm not "tall". My legs are short, but my torso is longish. I'm like 5.6-5.7? I started at 238 and at last scale I was 208. My problem is I'm all boobs. I always have been. I went from a 42DDD to now 38DDD.

I wouldn't care so much if they were up on my chest like they used to be. My hubs says if I get to my goal weight and hold it he'll "buy" me a new set!

Actually I dint want them any larger. I just wNt them lifted and firmer. ????

I'm 5'10 and started at 245lbs. I was just sleeved a week ago. I would love to be 170 as that puts me in a size 12 jeans perfectly. If I lost a little more I wouldn't complain tho :-)

In high school I was this height and weighed 144 every year. I look at my 15 yr old son who is about an inch taller and weighs 140 and I honestly think he looks too skinny. Now granted, he is a boy with different bone structure but he's kinda what I used to look like way back then. And honestly, that would be too skinny for me now. And to think, back then, I thought I was soooo fat! If only.....

Hi all

I am 6ft tall and was sleeved July 29 2013. Hw 377.5 sw 353.8 cw 282.8. My goal is 200 lbs.

How many calories are you tall ladies eating a day?

I'm still going through my full liquid phase so maybe about 600

I'm still going through my full liquid phase so maybe about 600

Same here...was told to stay between 800- 1200...BabySheldon

I eat about 1200 on a good day I go over sometimes

I am 5'11" and my starting weight was 273.5. I am now 2 months out from surgery and down to 219 ( lost the first 19 lbs pre surgery). My goal is 170 which is my lowest weight in 25 years.

Wow, OP, your surgeon's goal weight for you is a BMI of 21.5 ... I have heard of some aggressive surgeons setting their patients' goal weights at whatever comes out to a BMI of 22 (only the rare, aggressive surgeon, mind you), but I have NEVER heard of one setting a goal below that.

I bet you will be feeling lean & hip-boney long before that weight :)! Best wishes!!

I'm 6'0", 42 years old. Had surgery January 2013 at 266 lbs, now at 176. Wearing a size 10-12. Feel good, look great, despite a little bit of loose skin on my belly. Don't think I should go any lower than 170.