Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Countdown Begins! 7 Days Pre-Op!

I've only shared my surgery decision with a handful of close family members/friends & I don't want them to be worried so I don't talk about it around them much, so I'm so grateful to have a private group to share the good news that I officially started my pre-op diet today and am 7 days pre-op! My surgery is scheduled for 13 Dec. I had labs drawn yesterday morning, met with the surgeon and did admissions paper work at the hospital today, and am meeting with the nutritionist for a 2 hour "what to expect" appointment on Monday the 9th then surgery on Wednesday! I'm so excited I want these next few days to FLY by!

I must admit though that I can already tell the pre-op liquid diet is going to be harder than I had thought. I'm almost done with day 1 and I feel like I'm light headed and starving (even though I'm not!). It's going to be hard to do this for 7 days because we're getting a winter storm over the weekend which means I'm trapped in the house with my husband, and 2 boys (age 15 & 8) and that's all they do is eat, but I'm committed!

Any liquid diet recipes/tips other than broth? I can tell that's going to get old real quick lol!

I'm scheduled for the 13th too! I am on day 5 of a 2 week preop. THe first 4 days were easier for me. Today had been rough. Today was also my all day preop thing which was a 4 hours class, meeting with the surgeon again and then on to the hospital to register and anesthesiology. I'm on a very limited menu as I don't like yogurt and things with artificial sweetener. So, I'm doing 3 shakes a day, 2 unsweetened applesauces and 1 cup of broth. I'm using the Better Than Boullion chicken base instead of just broth. I was going to add seasoning to it but it was already seasoned enough for me. I tried the Swanson's infused broth (mexican tortilla I think it's called) and for me, it smelled better than it tasted. Today, I drained a can of minestrone Soup and added some Water and Better Than Boullion beef base to it and that was tasty. Join us in the December 2013 Sleevers Come In thread! There are over 150 people on the surgery list. You can see who else is on or around your date.

The first few days of the pre-op are the hardest, then you hit your stride. I drank a lot of green tea - it helped with the hunger.

December 13th is right around the corner for you gals! It's an exciting time.

Best of luck to you - keep us updated on your progress.

I just finished day 4 of the pre op. Miso Soup and green tea have been life savers.

Thank you all! And AtlantaRed, I'd definitely like to join the group if possible. Can you send me a link? Thank you!!!!

Here is the link to our Decembers thread

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/283805-december-2013-sleevers-come-in/page-102

And hopefully this is the link to our secret Facebook page. If it doesn't work, the link is in the very first message in the above thread! Just add Ashlie and she will add you to the group.

https://www.facebook....are.u.dead.yet

Edited by AtlantaRed