Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Weeks Since My Surgery With Dr Illan And 15 Pounds Gone!

Yep, its been just 2 weeks today, that I had my surgery with the most AWESOME dr, Dr Illan Fraijo, and I am doing fabulous! I have however discovered that I am allergic to whey Protein and am switching to liquid egg whites that I ordered from a company called Egg Whites International. 25 grams of protein per scoop and you can mix it with anything. I am so excited about my new sleeved tummy, I am feeling great and when I got on the scales today, I am down 15 pounds since my surgery. YES, THAT'S 15 POUNDS IN 2 WEEKS! WHOOP! WHOOP! Thank you soooo much Dr Illan, Omar Acosta and the entire team at Baja Bariatrics! LOVE YOU GUYS!

Edited by 2btrim

Congrats! Glad to see you're doing so well. Keep it up!

Congrats to you!!! I am two weeks out today as well!!! Only down 8 to your 15 tho but trying remain patient!! Are you on mushy foods yet? I tried some refried Beans last night because I was afraid to start today when I was home alone lol! The

Thanks so much, endless80 and CrissyRing77, Last night was my first time with refried Beans and Lord have mercy could I ever feel the restriction. I just ordered the egg whites yesterday so I needed to find some Protein until they come in and my coordinator suggested a little bit of refried beans or greek yogurt in order to get some much needed protein in the mean time. The beans were good but just a couple bites and I was done! I'm going to try and stay on full liquids and soft foods for as long as possible in order to keep up the steady weight loss, I've just got to stay hydrated and keep up my protein intake in order to not get weak. Also taking my bariatric Vitamins, sublingual B-12, B complex and a magnesium tablet.

I'm so bummed I felt no restriction what so ever with my two oz of the Beans :/. I've had a super easy time, so I'm worried my tummy isn't small enough!

I know one girl on here who use a different surgeon told me her stomach is sort of elongated and that there was nothing they can do about that it's just the way she is made, as a result she is able to eat more food. Even if your loss is slower it will come off if you follow the diet and eventually start adding exercise. Don't get discouraged, you can do this!

I know one girl on here who use a different surgeon told me her stomach is sort of elongated and that there was nothing they can do about that it's just the way she is made, as a result she is able to eat more food. Even if your loss is slower it will come off if you follow the diet and eventually start adding exercise. Don't get discouraged, you can do this!

I had to call my nut bc I was out and about last night and used those little mini Jell-O shot type container to measure bc they are 2 oz, so that's what I filled my Beans into...well just now I made ham salad(lunch meat, 1tbsp lite mayo, Pickle Juice, mustard, and 2 wedges of laughing cow light) measure 2 TBSP of that and 2 TBSP of hummus which is supposed to be 2 oz, but now I am stuffed! It looks like 2x what I had! What are your guidelines right now? Mine is 2oz or 4 TBSP 3x/day!

That's about right but you need to eat a little bit about every three hours.