Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have lost about 53 lbs and have felt pretty good about how I feel, I know I want to lost a LOT more, but still have been happy about it - feeling thinner, feeling like I look better...UNTIL my sister posted a pic of my on FB from Thanksgiving Day!! OMG I cried like a baby last night. It's like all of my hard work and I still look so huge and nasty. I am so freaking discouraged. After I saw that post, I did my "old" emotional eating - which made me feel WORSE... URGH

Have a big hug from me!!!

You look better and feel thinner because you are both having lost all that weight. While the picture has knocked your confidence, it really isn't worth dwelling on- it is just something that captures a moment in time. It could so easily have got you a second before or after looking gorgeous and thinner, lol.

Contrary to the old saying, cameras do lie. So don't let this blip set you back, chin up, you are more than half way there. In life, you are going to hit the highs and the lows, it's how you respond to them that matters. New you, time for a new response.

So, step away from the food and look at what you have achieved to date - you are doing great, you are a success and if it helps, get your sis to take the pic down so you don't get pulled back. Please, don't beat yourself up any more, today is a new day so a chance to get back on track.

You can do this.... x

I totally agree with Indigo. There is no way you can have lost all that weight and not look better. We are so often our own worst critics. We do not see ourselves the way others see us. You are doing so well and I know you are seeing changes in other parts of your life. Don't self sabotage by dwelling on that one photo. Instead use it as an inspiration to keep working hard and think about the photo for New Years Eve and Valentines Day and ongoing.

Have a big hug from me!!! You look better and feel thinner because you are both having lost all that weight. While the picture has knocked your confidence, it really isn't worth dwelling on- it is just something that captures a moment in time. It could so easily have got you a second before or after looking gorgeous and thinner, lol. Contrary to the old saying, cameras do lie. So don't let this blip set you back, chin up, you are more than half way there. In life, you are going to hit the highs and the lows, it's how you respond to them that matters. New you, time for a new response. So, step away from the food and look at what you have achieved to date - you are doing great, you are a success and if it helps, get your sis to take the pic down so you don't get pulled back. Please, don't beat yourself up any more, today is a new day so a chance to get back on track. You can do this.... x

Thanks ma'am. I am definitely gonna do my best to not revert back to the old ways...just was so upsetting to see how bad I looked after I thought I was looking so much better. And I asked her to delete it, but she hasn't. Thank you again for the encouragement. :)

I totally agree with Indigo. There is no way you can have lost all that weight and not look better. We are so often our own worst critics. We do not see ourselves the way others see us. You are doing so well and I know you are seeing changes in other parts of your life. Don't self sabotage by dwelling on that one photo. Instead use it as an inspiration to keep working hard and think about the photo for New Years Eve and Valentines Day and ongoing.

I'm scared to think of taking other photos!! I thought I wouldn't mind so much this time...I was sadly mistaken. I will do my best not to dwell on it, it was just such a wake up call that I have sooo much more to go.

The way I try to look at it, it's a journey, not a race. There is no finish line, the journey is life-long. So if you fell from the wagon, you just need to get back on and keep on truckin'. Move ahead and don't regret the past. Just think how fabulous you will look and feel next Thanksgiving! :)

I agree we don't see ourselves as other people see us. I am 18 lbs away from my goal and I too saw pictures of myself from thanksgiving and still think I look fat. I think it's all in our heads. We are so used to seeing ourselves as fat, maybe we just need time for our minds to catch up with our bodies. You are doing a great job, 53 lbs is a great accomplishment!

An the old photo "reality". What I've learned is that photos don't represent reality. Think of how many photos a professional takes before he has ONE he feels like he can use? Hundreds. Hundreds a and THEN they photoshop the crap out of it.

if you've ever taken pictures at a party, you know it's really hard to get good pics of even thin people. For every bad pix you show me of yourself, a professional can show you one that makes you look fabulous.

Look in the mirror, look into the eyes if your husband and your friends who look at you with love, and know that you're doing a great job my friend.

The way I try to look at it, it's a journey, not a race. There is no finish line, the journey is life-long. So if you fell from the wagon, you just need to get back on and keep on truckin'. Move ahead and don't regret the past. Just think how fabulous you will look and feel next Thanksgiving! :)

Thankya ma'am. I hope next Thanksgiving I will be runway hot :-P

I agree we don't see ourselves as other people see us. I am 18 lbs away from my goal and I too saw pictures of myself from thanksgiving and still think I look fat. I think it's all in our heads. We are so used to seeing ourselves as fat, maybe we just need time for our minds to catch up with our bodies. You are doing a great job, 53 lbs is a great accomplishment!

Thanks ma'am, I know it's a lot, but I have sooo much more to go!

I hate photos. That is all. No it's not. Big hug to you.

Awww thanks for the hug! I am such a hugger in person:)

An the old photo "reality". What I've learned is that photos don't represent reality. Think of how many photos a professional takes before he has ONE he feels like he can use? Hundreds. Hundreds a and THEN they photoshop the crap out of it. if you've ever taken pictures at a party, you know it's really hard to get good pics of even thin people. For every bad pix you show me of yourself, a professional can show you one that makes you look fabulous. Look in the mirror, look into the eyes if your husband and your friends who look at you with love, and know that you're doing a great job my friend.

True, true! And I know it, I know photographers do that...thanks for this perspective. Doesn't necessarily negate how awful I looked but I does make me look at it from a different viewpoint. :)

I have lost about 53 lbs and have felt pretty good about how I feel, I know I want to lost a LOT more, but still have been happy about it - feeling thinner, feeling like I look better...UNTIL my sister posted a pic of my on FB from Thanksgiving Day!! OMG I cried like a baby last night. It's like all of my hard work and I still look so huge and nasty. I am so freaking discouraged. After I saw that post, I did my "old" emotional eating - which made me feel WORSE... URGH

You have lost 53 pounds! And you need to keep feeling good about it! You are thinner and healthier and looking good :)

Stupid photos. Whoever took it probably sucks at photography :D

Girl you should see a photo my daughter took of me stuffing stuffing into my mouth :P

You have lost 53 pounds! And you need to keep feeling good about it! You are thinner and healthier and looking good :) Stupid photos. Whoever took it probably sucks at photography :D Girl you should see a photo my daughter took of me stuffing stuffing into my mouth :P

Well do share :-P it was my sister that took the photo!