Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February Surgeries

Technically supposed to start the prep tomorrow morning. But I don't think starting early will be an issue as long as I stick to a clear liquid diet once I start.

I had the sleeve done on the 12th of feb (5) days ago and I feel like I can

A, go bad to work already

B, eat whole food already

Is this normal ? My incisions are healing nicely

And I'm not on any pain meds since day two

As of right now I'm doing 11/2 of the GNC shakes and broths, crystal light & Water and two spoonfuls of farina per day plus chewable Multivitamin chewable Pepcid AC and a chewable Calcium pill. Is anyone else going thru this ? I want to eat something soiled and I want to hit the gym and do stuff !!

I had the sleeve done on the 12th of feb (5) days ago and I feel like I can A, go bad to work already B, eat whole food already Is this normal ? My incisions are healing nicely And I'm not on any pain meds since day two As of right now I'm doing 11/2 of the GNC shakes and broths, crystal light & Water and two spoonfuls of farina per day plus chewable multivitamin chewable Pepcid AC and a chewable Calcium pill. Is anyone else going thru this ? I want to eat something soiled and I want to hit the gym and do stuff !!

I'm 11 days out and have felt the same way. I haven't tried "normal food" lol only because I'm super scared but I did tried hiking yesterday since I was feeling good. I couldn't do a full hike but it was ok. I was however feeling super tender today. Today was my first day back to work but I have an office job so it was not bad at all.

Be careful. Remember your insides were cut and have to heal.

Yes I'm trying to be carful but I fell fine I mean like normal not even sore a little bit , I wish it was spring so I could at least walk around the parks in my area , but cause of all the snow lately (New Jersey ) I'm stuck on the treadmill ugh why can't I drive yet ? I know Patients. LoL ;-)

Hi,

I didn't need to do any bowel prep at all. I think I have been lucky all round with various pieces of this puzzle. I was meant to be on Weetabix , yogurt and purees from the start, but my body can't seem to cope with that. If I have Breakfast I can't eat or drink for the rest of the day. So I am just having Protein mix ice cream style plus Soup x2 a day. That seems to work at the moment.

Take care all of you

Claire

A couple of hours ago I got my call from the hospital with the details for Wednesday. I've got to be there for 10am, which is a lot later than I expected, for some reason I'm sure 7am was mentioned before. Blood test tomorrow morning - eeek, looks like this is actually happening. I think I'm feeling excited and scared at the same time, if that is possible

Hello zoe,

I hope every thing goes well and that your new life style becomes easy and successful.It is possible to be scared and excited at the same time because I was feeling the same way 7 years ago when I had my surgery.

I am having my surgery on February 27th. Already on the two week pre-op diet and I have already lost 15 pounds!! Glad that you started this thread so I will have people to talk to as I go through my journey!!

I am having my surgery on February 27th. Already on the two week pre-op diet and I have already lost 15 pounds!! Glad that you started this thread so I will have people to talk to as I go through my journey!!

Hi Sammy,

Well done on your weight loss so far. It is really good to see you on here. I am a week post op and feeling well and starting to try foods. It can be a bit unnerving beforehand as well as exciting. You will get plenty of support here I promise, I know that I did.

I am sure that you will do great and there is another thread for Feb post op people when you get that far.

Take care and welcome

Claire

Thanks Claire!! Good luck on your journey as well!!

Hi everyone, just to say I'm back home now and ok, will post again later

Hi everyone, just to say I'm back home now and ok, will post again later

Glad to hear it and anxious for details as I am a week away

Hey there everyone. sorry that I have not responded in a while. I had my RNY on 2/10. I feel great but am so tired of Soups and liquid. I will advise that the more you walk the better you will feel.

Hi again everyone,

Well tomorrow's the big day. Got to report in at 10 am. Not as anxious as I thought I would be at this point.

You got this Patti. See you on the when you're on the bench. Thoughts are with you.