Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February Surgeries

Nnegrete329, you can have the avocado, you just need to mix it with a lot of Water and drink it. Or, you can tell yourself that just waiting a week or so and you can mash up an entire avocado and eat it over four me a ls.

Nnegrete329, you can have the avocado, you just need to mix it with a lot of Water and drink it. Or, you can tell yourself that just waiting a week or so and you can mash up an entire avocado and eat it over four meals

Nnegrete329, you can have the avocado, you just need to mix it with a lot of Water and drink it. Or, you can tell yourself that just waiting a week or so and you can mash up an entire avocado and eat it over four me a ls.

I've been telling myself just one more week and I can mash It up lol

It was a bad day mostly.

Thank u all for the support

A couple of hours ago I got my call from the hospital with the details for Wednesday. I've got to be there for 10am, which is a lot later than I expected, for some reason I'm sure 7am was mentioned before. Blood test tomorrow morning - eeek, looks like this is actually happening. I think I'm feeling excited and scared at the same time, if that is possible

Zoefruitcake...,best wishes for a successful surgery.....normal to be nervous but remember what a good decision this is and how many positive things that will come from this!...let us all know how it goes......

Hi,

Zoefruitcake, it really is normal to feel that way. I certainly did!

I think I might have been overdoing it a little, more tired today and that has affected my eating and drinking. Having had Cereal this morning have managed nothing since in terms of food and am struggling to drink. I feel a little queazy, not sick, just not wanting to have anything, so I am now trying ice cubes. Not a particularly nutritious day really but such early days, it is only day 4.

I hope that Ken is on here soon and that he is ok.

Hope you are all ok.

Take care

Claire x

Has anyone heard from Claire?

No I haven't I was wondering how she was doing.

Sorry both of you, I have been posting but on the post op thread.

I am fine and the post op recovery from surgery itself has gone really well. Struggling to eat and drink today but it is only day 4 and I think that I am a little overtired having not rested at all really. So everything is fine but I couldn't find my way back here as well as to the other thread in between visitors etc. Sorry to worry you but you can see how positive things have been on my other posts.

I do hope that everyone else is ok because it is important to still be on here because there are so many of us still here.

Really sorry!

Take care

Claire

Sorry both of you, I have been posting but on the post op thread.

I am fine and the post op recovery from surgery itself has gone really well. Struggling to eat and drink today but it is only day 4 and I think that I am a little overtired having not rested at all really. So everything is fine but I couldn't find my way back here as well as to the other thread in between visitors etc. Sorry to worry you but you can see how positive things have been on my other posts.

I do hope that everyone else is ok because it is important to still be on here because there are so many of us still here.

Really sorry!

Take care

Claire

As long as you're ok. Get some rest and congrats on a successful surgery.

Im with nnegrete. I just want to eat something.

To be honest, which i will be, even if it is not popular opinion, I did push the limits a bit today. I work at a school and I was offered no less than 8 treats today. I ended up having some frosting from the top of a cupcake. It was a big mistake. I felt sick from it.

I'm supposed to just be at creamy liquids. I'm not sure what I can and can't have with that but last night I enjoyed 2 oz of hummus with some garlic salt as my dinner. I thought I was in heaven.

I tried a laughing cow cheese (well a bite) but it didn't go down well.

I have been enjoying 1 to 2 oz of very liquidy mashed potatoes.

I can officially start soft foods in 2 days.

Erin have you tired yogurt? The Dannon light and fit Greek yogurts are good, high in Protein, low in sugar. Also cottage cheese or re-fried Beans (fat free). I hear ya with the treats, it's like a candy factory in my house with all the kids stuff. I really want to go out to dinner tonight too!

I will grab some. The problem is I am sick of sweet stuff. The Protein Drinks are sweet, everything is.

Just out of curiosity, what is a sample menu for you Kim? What are you eating?

I'm struggling to get my Protein.

Erin, I just tried to c/p my yesterdays logged from online, but didn't work. I've only been on pureed for two days now but my yesterday was Breakfast - Protein Drink (unjury), morning snack - greek yogurt, lunch - re-fried FF Beans with TB of light sour cream on top, dinner - On the GO size cottage cheese. total of 60g of Protein, and first day I got over 500 calories at 520.

Before yesterday with starting the new stuff, I was having 2 Protein Shakes and the yogurt to get in the protein.

Things I'm getting ready to try are vegetarian 99% fat free chili (and puree'ng it), poached eggs (not until I've done more pureed foods), soft cheese, and super soft fruits.

Hope this helps!

It truly does!! Thanks!