Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February Surgeries

Well, I got the news I was hoping and praying I wouldn't get today. I am not a match for my brother so I can not be his bone marrow donor. I was so hoping I would be. Luckily we still have three other siblings to get tested and hopefully one of them will be his match. Very down this evening and I come home to my husband making white chocolate, macadamia nut, coconut Cookies. What torture. I broke down and ate two. Now, I am leaving the kitchen for the rest of the night.

I'm so sorry for your news. :( I hope another sibling matches.

Don't beat yourself up over the cookies. Soon you will have a tool the won't give you the choice of cheating or not. Continue to try to diet but don't get down on yourself for enjoying some cookies.

Thanks for all the encouragement. I couldn't pass it up. I have wanted a secretary position at a school for a while for several reasons. Mostly because it allows me to have balance for work and my kiddos. I have been a substitute teacher this year and I feel lucky to have something full time with benefits.

Heeeeyyyyy everybody!!! Just got my call; 11am tmrw. Congratulations everyone and stay blessed and will talk to you on the other side!!!!

Thank you Erin. It is awesome to have this support you all give.

Janieitstime- we are both sleeved at 11 tomorrow! I'll keep you in my thoughts on way to the OR.

I started my new job today and had a great day. I was taking too big of a sip and that was why I had all the discomfort.

I am thinking of you. You'll do great. I can't wait to hear more about your journey!!! It is a lot to take on and I know you're nervous. But the new healthy you is going to be worth it all!

Erin, That is amazing. You are back at work already, and a new job at that! You are such an inspiration, you must be feeling rally well to manage that. I am so glad that you enjoyed your first day and that it went well, and that you coped with this so soon after surgery.

You go girl!

I am now up at 4.30am because I can't sleep anyway and I am half way through the pre interview exercises of a module I have been shortlisted to teach. With post op fuzziness etc I think it is better to try to do as much as I can before I go in later, because it needs to be in by next Monday. I can then relax more afterwards then, and I will be sleeping later anyway! Better than lying there awake and jittery.

Well done again and I take such a lot of comfort from you, try not to overdo it too much though, you must be tired. A new job is exciting though.

I will be in touch after I get my phone and iPad back!

Claire x

Well, I got the news I was hoping and praying I wouldn't get today. I am not a match for my brother so I can not be his bone marrow donor. I was so hoping I would be. Luckily we still have three other siblings to get tested and hopefully one of them will be his match. Very down this evening and I come home to my husband making white chocolate, macadamia nut, coconut Cookies. What torture. I broke down and ate two. Now, I am leaving the kitchen for the rest of the night.

I'm so sorry for your news. :( I hope another sibling matches.

Don't beat yourself up over the cookies. Soon you will have a tool the won't give you the choice of cheating or not. Continue to try to diet but don't get down on yourself for enjoying some cookies.

I agree with Erin. Don't beat yourself up, I hope that you really enjoyed them. As Erin says afterwards you shouldn't be able to anyway, so it is just short term. After news like that and the temptation of fresh baking, who could resist! I am really sorry about your brother and hope that a match will be found.

Do take care

Claire

Hi,

Hope it goes well to all the many of us having our surgery today. See you on here afterwards, or on the new thread. What a good idea to set that up now!

Take care

Claire

Hello to all that have surgery today!

It's 1:06 am here and I have to leave for the hospital in 3 hours and my surgery in is 6 hours! Oh my gosh. I can't wrap my mind around it.

I hope everyone has a safe surgery day, I bet everyone is all jittery as me! I will not be getting any sleep tonight that's for sure!

Hope to hear from all you soon. I'll update as soon as I can! Good luck and everyone is in my thoughts!

zomgjj- I'm also getting ready to head to the hospital. A bit nervous and excited! I'll be thinking of you and everyone else going in today. Will post when I'm able.

Hello all, I feel I'm coming late to the party here and you are such a friendly lot.

I'm due for surgery on the 19th and I'm 7 days into a liquid diet. I'm as miserable as sin! Been very grumpy at work this morning and only a couple of people know why. I feel more weak than hungry

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I will be thinking of all of you getting surgery today, waiting to hear from you when you are able. Good thoughts are with you.

Good morning my beautiful people ???????????? Today is the day for some us for a new beginning. I am sooooo excited and ready for this new chapter in my life. You all have been so helpful, encouraging, and inspirational! I thank GOD for this app. I'm looking forward to sitting on the losers bench with you all in the post-op thread and seeing pics of our progress each month. Many blessings to all and I'll update you as soon as I'm able. Ttyl ????

ReaRaes, so sorry about the match news. I'm really hoping another sibling will be.

GL to all those changing their lives today! So excited for you all.

Zoefruitcake, welcome! Not too late, glad to have you!

went to last Dr visit today, All is GO for surgery at 9 am Friday. I am so ready and Thanks to me friends on Bariatricpal.com, not near as scared as I thought I would be.

Bless you all