Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February Surgeries

Hi my name is Natalie! I am stationed in Germany with my husband (Army) and my RNY is set for February 21! Has any here had it done in Germany? I am very excited to become healthy and be there for my kids.

Alright I finally feel good enough to type lol

Surgery went well. Small hernia repair. I do have a lot of discomfort. And had a terrible pain attack earlier today.

I can't seem to stop burping.

But I feel ok. Getting up with no help and have been walking a lot. I should go home tomorrow :)

Continuing my recover saga. I got discharged at 5oopm yesterday, wonderful to get in the fresh air and a drive home in the rain. That pain right under the sternum is totally gone but the pain on the left side is there but getting better, have to remind myself to take the pain meds and schedule or I go to long and need more meds. Taking a shower today was heaven. sleep pretty good getting up 3 times to pee and took meds about ever 4 hours. I wish I was sent home with the Lortabs liquid, it works so fast and I sleep for several hours after it. I am crushing the Norco and mixing it with a little liquid Tylenol and that works. I am not hungry but my stomach feels empty if that makes sense.

Walking around the house for exercise, really cannot believe this has happened. I made the mistake of getting on the scale and I gained 7 pounds of Water Advice to all, DON'T get on the scale yet.

Good luck to all of you, someone refered to those who have had surgery as being on the other side, oh no I think I like the losers bench better. ;)

Kim posted another thread about this but I thought I would bring it up in out little group. We are both 5 days out and she mentioned in her thread something I dealt with today as well. Hunger.

I don't think I actually felt hungry, as much as I just wanted to eat. I had a lot of errands to run and even attempted to go trough the drive through at Taco Bell for pintos and cheese before I changed my mind and drove of before I placed an order.

It's crazy what a hold I let it have over me but I also think it's like all changes, it takes a while to get used to a new way of doing things.

I keep reminding myself that these first few months are defining for most WLS patients. The most weight is lost at the beginning and if I don't follow the rules, I'm going to be so disappointed.

Kim posted another thread about this but I thought I would bring it up in out little group. We are both 5 days out and she mentioned in her thread something I dealt with today as well. Hunger.

I don't think I actually felt hungry, as much as I just wanted to eat. I had a lot of errands to run and even attempted to go trough the drive through at Taco Bell for pintos and cheese before I changed my mind and drove of before I placed an order.

It's crazy what a hold I let it have over me but I also think it's like all changes, it takes a while to get used to a new way of doing things.

I keep reminding myself that these first few months are defining for most WLS patients. The most weight is lost at the beginning and if I don't follow the rules, I'm going to be so disappointed.

At least you had the will power to turn around. And remember you went threw too much pain to turn back around. Keep it up. Congrats!

Kim posted another thread about this but I thought I would bring it up in out little group. We are both 5 days out and she mentioned in her thread something I dealt with today as well. Hunger. I don't think I actually felt hungry, as much as I just wanted to eat. I had a lot of errands to run and even attempted to go trough the drive through at Taco Bell for pintos and cheese before I changed my mind and drove of before I placed an order. It's crazy what a hold I let it have over me but I also think it's like all changes, it takes a while to get used to a new way of doing things. I keep reminding myself that these first few months are defining for most WLS patients. The most weight is lost at the beginning and if I don't follow the rules, I'm going to be so disappointed.

How r u feeling at 5 days

Thanks for the kind words, Claire.

I went for pre- op this morning and the staff and nurses were so kind and very in tune. My nurse said she had WLS last year and is so pleased. I left feeling encouraged and less nervy.

So glad I have you guys, because I can't really go into the nitty gritty of how I feel. The main thing I feel anxious about is not the surgery as much as a fear of having the same cravings and compulsion for food afterwards.

Best wishes to all of you in recovery. Only three more days to go!

At least you had the will power to turn around. And remember you went threw too much pain to turn back around. Keep it up. Congrats!

I won't always and that's where our surgery comes in. Even if I had done it, I would've only been able to eat a bite or two. But it just isn't worth it. I don't want those habits to form.

I drank a a few sips of a Protein Drink and went about my day. But for a moment I thought...why not? But I know me. Pintos and cheese pushing my limits today. 3 tacos and dessert pushing my limits in 6 months.

I am amazed I had the willpower to pull away too. I don't normally. It's the fact that I know this change happened that gave it to me.

How r u feeling at 5 days

Today I felt more normal than I have all week. I spent most of the day out of the house, I Cooke's dinner for my family and hung out with the kids rather than drift in and out of napping most of the day.

How are you? :)

Continuing my recover saga. I got discharged at 5oopm yesterday, wonderful to get in the fresh air and a drive home in the rain. That pain right under the sternum is totally gone but the pain on the left side is there but getting better, have to remind myself to take the pain meds and schedule or I go to long and need more meds. Taking a shower today was heaven. sleep pretty good getting up 3 times to pee and took meds about ever 4 hours. I wish I was sent home with the Lortabs liquid, it works so fast and I sleep for several hours after it. I am crushing the Norco and mixing it with a little liquid Tylenol and that works. I am not hungry but my stomach feels empty if that makes sense. Walking around the house for exercise, really cannot believe this has happened. I made the mistake of getting on the scale and I gained 7 pounds of Water Advice to all, DON'T get on the scale yet. Good luck to all of you, someone refered to those who have had surgery as being on the other side, oh no I think I like the losers bench better. ;)

How often do you plan on weighing in? I can't decide.

Alright I finally feel good enough to type lol Surgery went well. Small hernia repair. I do have a lot of discomfort. And had a terrible pain attack earlier today. I can't seem to stop burping. But I feel ok. Getting up with no help and have been walking a lot. I should go home tomorrow :)

I burp a lot too!!! I'm telling you it's like something is constantly sitting in my esophagus. I hate it!

I hope you get released tomorrow!! :) you're gonna do great!

Everyone will do just fine! I am almost 3 weeks out and love the habits that I am forming now. It's wonderful not to rely on food and have your day revolve around it. It is a life changer but each and everyone of you can do this. It's not easy and I can tell you that first hand. But it's worth it. Just sip, sip, sip and walk. Walking helped me so much. And gas will get stuck and the more you move the easier it will come out. And please stick to your surgeons post op diet and don't advanced without their permission. This is crucial to healing. Don't be like me and try to brave it. You'll end up miserable and throwing up. That is so unpleasant and hurts. Good luck to all upcoming surgeries and healing prayers sent to the ones on the losers bench already!!

Thanks Erin, I do know..it's just...sad. I have an appointment on the 18th with another surgeon from the same group...we will see how this goes. I'm hopeful!

I bet you feel so much better about it all by then. It is sad, though. Claire is right. It's like you're all ready for it and then...nothing. That is disappointing and hard to swallow. It's ok to be bummed about it. At least you know it's still going to happen. :)

how is everyone doing? Who is up tomorrow? Good luck to all of those this week!

I'm doing ok. My biggest gripe is my drain and it gives me a lot of pain. If it wasn't for that, I'd be doing great. I had a big day out and about and even did a movie and dinner with the family. Was in bed by 8pm though. :-) Drinking is going fine and I'm able to get anything I'm supposed to down with no problem. Post op is Wednesday.

Hey guys, it's been a minute since I commented. I have been struggling with this liquid diet!!! Feels like I'm dying of a slow death!! LOL he had me do a 2 week Protein Shakes and one meal diet. Since Monday I have been on pure Protein with Water and water only diet. It is a struggle. I'm cranky, irritated, mean, depressed and then all of a sudden I feel better. Such an emotional roller coaster, but I lost 20lbs thus far. Tuesday is my day and I am so excited to be able to have chicken broth!! Lolbvs anyone else have any issues with this liquid diet crap???? I know its necessary and trying to stay positive thru it all!! I just needed to vent!! ;-)