Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February Surgeries

Man. I took a few sips of my Protein Shake and I feel so full that I feel sick. Like it won't go down my throat. Insanity.

I had to take some pain medicine and it's like even that dose is too much for my tummy right now.

Man. I took a few sips of my Protein Shake and I feel so full that I feel sick. Like it won't go down my throat. Insanity. I had to take some pain medicine and it's like even that dose is too much for my tummy right now.

I'm sorry your in pain... But I kinda can't wait for that feeling lol

Well dumb me woke up in the middle of the night and without thinking, guzzled a bunch of Water. I won't be doing that again.

I'm not really in pain as long as I stay ahead of it with the pain meds.

I just can't believe I can't take two sips of something!! That's not going to stay that way, and I am glad. But it is nice to know the bypass really happened.

I keep thinking "wow, this was really drastic"...

But I know once I get the hang of everything I'll be so happy with all of it.

Well it's 6:15 and I'm heading to the hospital. Have to be there by 7. I'll check in later.

Well it's 6:15 and I'm heading to the hospital. Have to be there by 7. I'll check in later.

Good luck!!! :) I can't wait to hear your story. I'll be thinking of you!

Good luck thauhi! Will be thinking of you.

Well I slept like sh*t 1st night home. Couldn't lay flat so ended up in the recliner. I'm in quite a lot of pain when I try to move a lot. Having a few bites of sf Jello for Breakfast.< /p>

Congrats all of you that have had you February surgeries.

I went yesterday and met with someone from the surgical team, my endocrinologist, and a study test coordinator. I am going to be participating in a study the mayo is doing on the absorption of medicine after bypass. I was hoping to leave the appointment with a surgical date. Unfortunately they do not schedule until they receive insurance approval. I left my appointment without asking a ton of questions because of course I forgot them until I got in the car and headed home. Luckily I can log on to my portal and ask them there. I wasn't told about a preop diet so I am windering if they have one. I also don't need to do an y preop testing. The day before I go to the clinic and meet the surgeon and do a bit of blood work, then I will stay over night at a hotel nearby and report to the hospital the next morning. I was told to take 4 weeks off work, but if I feel up to it I can go back after two. I will probably just work from home the second week. I am praying my approval comes fast from BCBS.

They will be submitting this week, (just making sure they have all the ducks in a row before they submit so there is no denying it)

Good kuck to everyone today and the rest of this week. Perhaps I still could do surgery this month.

I didn't sleep well, either. The only way I can rest at all is if I take pain meds. It is very uncomfortable when I try to drink anything. I'm hoping this little phase passes quickly.

Hi to you all,

I hope tkauki that your surgery has gone well and that nnegrete that yours goes well tomorrow.

Hi Melissa and Raerae it is good to see you on here, it is such a supportive group. Erin ad Kim have been posting really helpful comments after their surgery on Monday and it is great to see such honesty.

Erin I hope that you are feeling less nauseated, that is my worse fear, and that you soon start to manage to drink without the discomfort, that can't be nice and it must worry you a bit. I hope both you and Kim start to feel less discomfort soon. The meds seem to be working though for the most part, but not all the time. Keep up the excellent posts and it is so good to know that you are both ok, I feel like I know you already!

Following my preop assessment on Monday apparently I have a urine infection. First I knew of it but I need to start antibiotics tonight, then it should be fine for surgery next Tues. My GP surgery has not phoned yet to say that they are ready and they close soon.

Take care all of you

Claire

UTIs are no fun. I feel bad for you. Hopefully the antibiotics take care of it quickly. You'll be fine for next week.

I hope everyone else is doing well in their progress. :)

Claire so sorry about your uti. Hoping it's cleared up quickly and no issue with recovery.

I never thought I'd be so happy to toot. :-)

I never thought I'd be so happy to toot. :-)

Lol!!????????????

Surgery is tomorrow!

Today I'm on all Clear Liquids and it feels like the first day of the pre op diet!

I'm so hungry!!!! I don't have to be at the hospital till 11:30 am so I'll know I'll be starving by then!

Ok vent over :)

You're going to do great!! I promise after tomorrow, the liquid diet won't mean a thing to you!!

Good luck!