Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February Surgeries

Well guys, I'm going to keep being honest. I'm in a pretty fair amount of pain without the morphine pump. I have another 3 hours before I can have lortab again and my pain level is pretty high.

They brought me a tray of full liquids. I am sipping Gatorade (the G2) and it is making me nauseous.. I have a weak gag reflex and I get nauseous pretty easy though.

Overall I feel pretty good but at this moment I'm miserable.

Hi everyone, sorry to not log on sooner. I was the last case yesterday and my surgery went long as I had some lesions from where my lap band used to be. All is good though and surgery a success. I slept ok last night, but they do come in and do things every few hours. I'm pretty sore myself, hard to move around much without pain. I'm taking loratab also, and it does make me sleepy too. Yesterday my diet WAC ice chips, today it's Clear Liquids. I'm not super hungry though more just sticking to Water. I have not used one thing from my packed bag yet. Dr did say I could shower today so then I would use toiletries. Please feel free to ask any questions!

Kim

Well guys, I'm going to keep being honest. I'm in a pretty fair amount of pain without the morphine pump. I have another 3 hours before I can have lortab again and my pain level is pretty high. They brought me a tray of full liquids. I am sipping Gatorade (the G2) and it is making me nauseous.. I have a weak gag reflex and I get nauseous pretty easy though. Overall I feel pretty good but at this moment I'm miserable.

Yay Erin!!!

I'm glad you're doing well. Mines on Thursday and I'm still prepping everything at home and work getting more nervous day by day.

Thanks for sharing!

My surgery has been cancelled. I drove the hour and a half to the hospital got admitted, weighed and my blood sugar checked (not sure what that was about) You know all the regular stuff...changed and on my gurney. They were great and allowed my children and husband to come Into the room in the ASU with me. There were plenty of chairs and although it was small it was cozy! The nurse was very sweet, she knew that I had called my drs office Sunday and yesterday about my cold. She listened to my lungs a bit..then she said she needed anesthesia to come in before she could start my iv's...good thing! The anesthesiologist came in, talked with me about my "cold" and said I have an upper respiratory infection. He told us that there is a 50/50 chance that I could have complications with the anesthesia due to the cold I have, 50/50 are NOT good enough odds for me to risk pneumonia and a longer hospital stay. He told me I need about a week to get over this and 2 more for the irritation and swelling to go down. So for now...my surgery is on hold.

I was so nervous as it was and it took everything for me just to go to the hospital. I am disappointed and feeling relieved at the same time. Probably seems strange to many of you. Fear has a hell of a grip on me. I think the additional time to get well and

You definitely need to wait. I'm glad you are in a good place with rescheduling. Good for you! I'm glad the anesthesiologist caught that you had an infection.

You definitely need to wait. I'm glad you are in a good place with rescheduling. Good for you! I'm glad the anesthesiologist caught that you had an infection.

Erin,

I'm so sorry the pain sucks now. We need the morphine till there is no more pain!! (I know not realistic)

I'm really happy that you are healing up! Keep the updates coming! I'm keeping my eye on ya!! :) stay well friend!

Hello to you all,

I really appreciate all your posts so soon after surgery Erin. I am really sorry that you are feeling so sick, I hope that it is getting better by now, or will do soon. I also hope that the pain starts to be easier. I am really glad for your honesty, it is so much more realistic and we all know what to expect. Do take care, I still think you looked beautiful in your photos, even if you feel like cr** at the moment. You will get stronger soon, just keep up the messages. Have a better night tonight and take care.

Kimr I hope that you are still feeling ok , it is so good to hear from you too. Glad that you are coping well with the fluids and when you manage a shower you will probably feel more like yourself. Take care and have a good night.

Dreamingbig, it was such a lot to psyche yourself up for and then for it not to be safe to carry on must have been hard. Sooo much safer though and it sounds like you are a bit relieved too. I do hope that your chest improves soon and that your nerves die down a bit more every day.

I find everyone on her such a help and an inspiration. It feels like I have friends who I am going through it with me now which is wonderful. Thanks for all your posts

Claire

Claire,

You are so right. It does feel like friends going on this journey together. Y'all on here have been my comfort and solace when I feel like no one else could understand. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Your support is amazing!

Dreamingbig so sorry about your delay! That must have been so hard being already there. But it us the best thing and glad the anesthesiologist recognized it. Crake this time to relax and get well.

Well I'm going home tonight! Initially thought it would be two nights, but doc thinks I'm ready. I hope he's right ! Still in a lot of pain, but just keep taking my meds regularly. Will be nice to be in my own bed.

Erin do you go home too? Do you have a drain?

Hi all --

I'm having surgery on 2/20. I have United Health. I had my very first appointment on 11/9/13, did all the required groups, testing, evaluation, etc. and was approved for surgery on 1/27/14. So far this has been a relatively quick and easy process. Now, I can't wait for the date and think the anxiety will kill me first.

Melissa

Hi all -- I'm having surgery on 2/20. I have United Health. I had my very first appointment on 11/9/13, did all the required groups, testing, evaluation, etc. and was approved for surgery on 1/27/14. So far this has been a relatively quick and easy process. Now, I can't wait for the date and think the anxiety will kill me first. Melissa

Hi Melissa,

I have UHC also. It was a VERY quick process for me too. The only requirement I had was the docs testing a of course and my weight history for the past 5 years. 1st appt was 12/11...scheduled 12/31 for surger on 2/4...as you can probably see...it didn't happen for me yet...not because of insurance I have a cold/virus and I believe God! God always seems to put his hand in to roadblock things just in the nick of time! I am praising The Lord tonight for the people he has put in place in my life.

I think I was in a lot of pain from overdoing it. I am at home and feeling much better.

The transition from morphine to lortab wasn't a good one but it's better now.

Dreamingbig so sorry about your delay! That must have been so hard being already there. But it us the best thing and glad the anesthesiologist recognized it. Crake this time to relax and get well. Well I'm going home tonight! Initially thought it would be two nights, but doc thinks I'm ready. I hope he's right ! Still in a lot of pain, but just keep taking my meds regularly. Will be nice to be in my own bed. Erin do you go home too? Do you have a drain?

Thanks Kim, I'm handling it ok. I think I will have to share my story a bit more on here sometime so people maybe can see why I am Ok with the events that happened today...I believe everything happens in the Lords time and today wasn't meant for my surgery. So I am counting myself blessed and will continue to pray for the Lords guidance and favor.

You, however congrats!! I am so excited that you get to go home tonight!! Ahhhh what a great feeling you must be having! Congrats to you and Erin! So very happy for both of you and grateful for your sharing of your experiences! Please keep them coming!! ;)