Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February Surgeries

not sure what your ins. Procedure is, but mine required all info and testing completed before approval. My surgeon submitted a guesstimate for the surgery until it was approved. I'm sure once they receive all your info you will get your approval.

Thanks for your encouragement!! I was able to get in touch with all 3 places in tulsa that had my records for the last 5 years and get them to all fax them in this morning!! We should have an approval later today or tomorrow!! ...positive thoughts!! :)

Thanks for your encouragement!! I was able to get in touch with all 3 places in tulsa that had my records for the last 5 years and get them to all fax them in this morning!! We should have an approval later today or tomorrow!! ...positive thoughts!! :)

sweet! Congrats!

Hi,

Well my date has now moved from the 10th to the 11th. Only one day unlike some of you but when you have psyched yourself up….. I think I am now on the same day as zomgjj and janieitstime. This is such a friendly group and it is so good to hear that we all having little worries and concerns, it makes it easier somehow. PrincessErin I hope that you are ok, it is hard at the moment I know.

Take care all of you

Had my pre-op #2 today. Got a little nervous hearing him explain all the complications. I know the %'s are low, it's just scary. My doc has done over 4000 bypasses, so I have trust in him at least. Just hoping I'm not one of the fluke cases that goes wrong.

Having some wine to calm my nerves. Going to be a long time before I'll be having wine again. Less than a week now!

I have just 4 short days until my 10 day high Protein low calorie pre op diet. I feel like I've gained 10 lbs eating these past 2 weeks cause every meal I think to myself "oh I won't be able to eat this ever again". Anyone else kind of feel like they are mourning food?

My surgeon told me that I'm going to feel like I've lost my best friend because food has always been a comfort for me, hence why I need the surgery in the first place.

I hope I'm not alone with these feelings but I know it will all be worth it soon enough!

Hi all- I was just scheduled for Feb. 11th. Going through all these weird emotions and definitely the food mourning. They have me on a restricted diet, but not all liquid. Hmm. Would love to stay in touch with y'all as I feel very isolated in the friends and family I can confide in about my day to day thoughts around this.

Hi all- I was just scheduled for Feb. 11th. Going through all these weird emotions and definitely the food mourning. They have me on a restricted diet, but not all liquid. Hmm. Would love to stay in touch with y'all as I feel very isolated in the friends and family I can confide in about my day to day thoughts around this.

Hi MizNola,

We are on the same day! I am also on restricted diet at the moment and not finding it too bad. The food mourning and the social life mourning, at least for a while I can really identify with. It feels as if everything is a permanent or temporary loss at the moment, but there are a lot of huge gains too. I think that my main problem is knowing what I personally will experience, I am trying to prepare for all the potential problems! It feels really difficult emotionally I think. I have found the honesty on this forum really helpful though as well as the support and i have only just joined in the last week. Please don't feel isolated we will go through it together on the same day.

Take care

Claire

I have just 4 short days until my 10 day high Protein low calorie pre op diet. I feel like I've gained 10 lbs eating these past 2 weeks cause every meal I think to myself "oh I won't be able to eat this ever again". Anyone else kind of feel like they are mourning food?

My surgeon told me that I'm going to feel like I've lost my best friend because food has always been a comfort for me, hence why I need the surgery in the first place.

I hope I'm not alone with these feelings but I know it will all be worth it soon enough!

Hi zomgjj,

I know that mourning so well and I don't eat for comfort so I can only imagine how losing that friend must be. The fact that food is a toxic friend at this point is no help at all. Knowing you can't do something again, and the impact on your social life, if only for the next few months is a real loss. I had a recent holiday and I was so very sad throughout, feeling that everything that I was doing i would not do again. I am now trying to focus on all the things I will be able to do post surgery, although the fact that I am not sleeping very well is probably a sign that it is not totally working! Personally I need to stop thinking about all the potential problems I might experience, because I won't have them all. Not knowing which things I will experience and being able to plan for them, which is my way to problem solve, is my main problem I think and adds to that mourning.

However, we are both going through it on the same day, together with at least two others on here, so we can all support each other. Others are having their ops next week and will be a week ahead of us and our experiences might help those who are having theirs in the days and weeks after us. We are all in this together which I hope helps a bit, it is certainly helping me.

Take care and stay in touch

Hi zomgjj,

I know that mourning so well and I don't eat for comfort so I can only imagine how losing that friend must be. The fact that food is a toxic friend at this point is no help at all. Knowing you can't do something again, and the impact on your social life, if only for the next few months is a real loss. I had a recent holiday and I was so very sad throughout, feeling that everything that I was doing i would not do again. I am now trying to focus on all the things I will be able to do post surgery, although the fact that I am not sleeping very well is probably a sign that it is not totally working! Personally I need to stop thinking about all the potential problems I might experience, because I won't have them all. Not knowing which things I will experience and being able to plan for them, which is my way to problem solve, is my main problem I think and adds to that mourning.

However, we are both going through it on the same day, together with at least two others on here, so we can all support each other. Others are having their ops next week and will be a week ahead of us and our experiences might help those who are having theirs in the days and weeks after us. We are all in this together which I hope helps a bit, it is certainly helping me.

All this has definitely helped and I'm so glad I'm not alone on these mixed emotions.

Thank you for your kind words and postivity. It's very nice to have an outlet with people who know exactly what you are feeling.

Everything that is lost is just another thing gained and I just have to remember that when I feel like I'm at the bottom.

I definitely think the unknown of post op is what gives everyone the most nerves and possibly doubt. We try to cram our heads full of facts and knowledge but you just never know your body is going to react after surgery.

But all in all everything is good, we are on our way to better days and amazing things!

Hi zomgjj,

All this has definitely helped and I'm so glad I'm not alone on these mixed emotions.

Thank you for your kind words and postivity. It's very nice to have an outlet with people who know exactly what you are feeling.

Everything that is lost is just another thing gained and I just have to remember that when I feel like I'm at the bottom.

I definitely think the unknown of post op is what gives everyone the most nerves and possibly doubt. We try to cram our heads full of facts and knowledge but you just never know your body is going to react after surgery.

But all in all everything is good, we are on our way to better days and amazing things!

Absolutely, and knowing people are going through the same things definitely helps!

Take care

I'm at my preop appointment at the hospital today. I'm having blood work and a surgery expectation class. It's starting to get very real!

I'm at my preop appointment at the hospital today. I'm having blood work and a surgery expectation class. It's starting to get very real!

Hope it all goes well and that you feel better at the end of today - more info, more shared thinking and support.

I got the call today! Surgery has been approved and I scheduled for February 28th. After seeing many family members and friends successfully lose their weight with the gastric bypass I decided it was worth a try. I started the journey in late July. I have a Thyroid condition and it makes losing weight nearly impossible. I tried dieting, just to get discourage when no matter how little I ate my body would get used to it and I would only lose a few pounds and gain it back. When I checked into the gastric bypass I asked will I lose the weight (due to lack of metabolism) I was assured that, yes I will be able to lose weight. I'm excited and hope this next month flies by!!

Congrats!!!