Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February Surgeries

I guess I'm one of the first up on 2/3. Anyone with me?

I guess I'm one of the first up on 2/3. Anyone with me?

I'm on the 6th.

How are you feeling? As far as emotionally, :) I'm asking bc I have way too many emotions going on

I'm on the 6th. How are you feeling? As far as emotionally, :) I'm asking bc I have way too many emotions going on

Me too! 1030 am on Feb 3rd.

Me too! 1030 am on Feb 3rd.

I was ready to cancel it on Thursday!!!

Hi,

I think that I might have posted something in the wrong place. I will try again. I am new to this forum.

I have a date for the 10th Feb and am one week into my 3 week pre op diet and things are going ok. I have mixed feelings about it all but I just want to get on with it now. I am from the UK but we spend a lot of time in the States. In fact we have our next vacation in Hawaii in May. This seems a bit soon really but we had already booked and we couldn't postpone it any longer. I think we will be fine once we are there but the journeys to and from I think will be challenging that soon. We are very used to the long flights from here, however food and drink will be difficult i think. It will be around 3 months post op so hopefully all will be ok. We want to plan a trip following the Mississippi in the Fall but not being in one place will be difficult, or perhaps not 7 months down the line. I think I will wait and see how it goes before we commit ourselves.

Has anyone else got a date near the 10th Feb?

My surgery date is Feb 11th! Good luck on your journey. I start my pre op diet Feb 1st!

Hi,

I think that I might have posted something in the wrong place. I will try again. I am new to this forum.

I have a date for the 10th Feb and am one week into my 3 week pre op diet and things are going ok. I have mixed feelings about it all but I just want to get on with it now. I am from the UK but we spend a lot of time in the States. In fact we have our next vacation in Hawaii in May. This seems a bit soon really but we had already booked and we couldn't postpone it any longer. I think we will be fine once we are there but the journeys to and from I think will be challenging that soon. We are very used to the long flights from here, however food and drink will be difficult i think. It will be around 3 months post op so hopefully all will be ok. We want to plan a trip following the Mississippi in the Fall but not being in one place will be difficult, or perhaps not 7 months down the line. I think I will wait and see how it goes before we commit ourselves.

Has anyone else got a date near the 10th Feb?

My surgery date is Feb 11th! Good luck on your journey. I start my pre op diet Feb 1st!

For about the last four months I have had trouble swallowing, I keep getting a pill stuck I my throat, if I eat something like yogurt or a fruit cup followed by a lot of Water I can get it to go down. However ever since Friday I have felt like I have food stuck I my throat, it constantly is there I keep drinking more and more water to try to force it down but its not working. I feel like if I go to the doctor they are just going to think I am a hypochondriac, but the last two days I have been miserable. Feel like I want to throw up, am burping all the time, and when I woke up tnis morning I truly hurt. Has anyone else ever had this, and this is before surgery, it wories me if this were to happen after surgery.

I was ready to cancel it on Thursday!!!

I was ready today to cancel. It is a big decision.

Hi,

It sounds as if there are quite a few of us having surgery in the next few weeks. It would be so good to keep in touch on another thread with how things go for all of us, or whether we can just continue this one. I am a newbie here so I am not sure what is normal. Good luck to everyone with an op next week.

I like the fact that people are being honest about their mixed emotions and that this is a big decision. Sometimes these sort of forums are so positive all the time that it is difficult to admit this. I am sure that we will all be fine but I would think that these sort of feelings must be normal. It is good to know that we are all in this together.

Take care

For about the last four months I have had trouble swallowing, I keep getting a pill stuck I my throat, if I eat something like yogurt or a fruit cup followed by a lot of Water I can get it to go down. However ever since Friday I have felt like I have food stuck I my throat, it constantly is there I keep drinking more and more water to try to force it down but its not working. I feel like if I go to the doctor they are just going to think I am a hypochondriac, but the last two days I have been miserable. Feel like I want to throw up, am burping all the time, and when I woke up tnis morning I truly hurt. Has anyone else ever had this, and this is before surgery, it wories me if this were to happen after surgery.

That is a yucky feeling. If it persists, I would have him check it out. It would be a shame if something were going on and you had to deal with it after surgery too. I hope you're feeling better.

Hi, It sounds as if there are quite a few of us having surgery in the next few weeks. It would be so good to keep in touch on another thread with how things go for all of us, or whether we can just continue this one. I am a newbie here so I am not sure what is normal. Good luck to everyone with an op next week. I like the fact that people are being honest about their mixed emotions and that this is a big decision. Sometimes these sort of forums are so positive all the time that it is difficult to admit this. I am sure that we will all be fine but I would think that these sort of feelings must be normal. It is good to know that we are all in this together. Take care

It is a bit scary. I keep looking at things I enjoy sub as beer and think "never again!" I wonder about what foods I will be able to tolerate an which ones will be gone forever. I love to eat. I love food. That's why I'm here.

Hi PrincessErin,

I know what you mean. I think that it is really difficult not being able to know what foods/drinks we might not be able to tolerate on an individual level. I think that from what I have read these things can change from month to month so things that you can't tolerate you might be able to at a later stage. However, there seem to be different foods for different people which stay as a permanent problem. It seems like we are grieving for all foods and all difficulties of eating and drinking (well I am anyway) when we won't experience them all. I like to problem solve and I don't know what problems I will need to solve which is my greatest problem at the moment. I am anticipating all potential health problems just to be on the safe side, this is not being negative it is just my way of coping with things. It is all very difficult and although I don't want to having the op 2 weeks today in many ways I do because all this worrying about everything and anything will be over.

Does that feel similar for you and when is your date again?

Hi PrincessErin, I know what you mean. I think that it is really difficult not being able to know what foods/drinks we might not be able to tolerate on an individual level. I think that from what I have read these things can change from month to month so things that you can't tolerate you might be able to at a later stage. However, there seem to be different foods for different people which stay as a permanent problem. It seems like we are grieving for all foods and all difficulties of eating and drinking (well I am anyway) when we won't experience them all. I like to problem solve and I don't know what problems I will need to solve which is my greatest problem at the moment. I am anticipating all potential health problems just to be on the safe side, this is not being negative it is just my way of coping with things. It is all very difficult and although I don't want to having the op 2 weeks today in many ways I do because all this worrying about everything and anything will be over. Does that feel similar for you and when is your date again?

Yes. I feel very similar. I don't know what to expect so I try to gather all the information I can and expect it all to happen, even though I know it probably won't. It's so difficult because it varies so greatly from one person to the next.

I am definitely mourning food. I don't know why, exactly. I know I will eat again. It just seems so different.

I know once the surgery is over, I'll be good to go because I'll be able to see what I can and cannot tolerate personally and plan accordingly. But until then I will be a bundle of nerves!!

My date is February 3rd. One week from today!! How about you?