Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February Surgeries

Hello everyone! I'm not sure if I'm a February or a marcher, it's looking more like March. My insurance person said that she would schedule a date when I've lost half the weight I need to do for pre op. .. I need 8 pounds, so I've been doing self imposed Protein Shake Meal Replacement. The first week was amazing, 4 lbs! This week...One. Poop. BUT, I'm not sure I used the scale right. I think it wasn't zeroed. Yet, feeling so defeated! This is why I don't have a scale at home! Why do we have to lose weight anyway? The whole point is that we've tried over and over! Lol. Oh well.

. Just started a march thread, feel free to cone on over :)

What's up beautiful people.... Surgery scheduled for feb 11th. Doc put me on a 2 Protein Shake and sensible meal because I was having to many "last meals" lol!!!' Going good list 7lbs so far!!! So glad that I found this app. Many blessings everyone!!!

What's up beautiful people.... Surgery scheduled for feb 11th. Doc put me on a 2 Protein Shake and sensible meal because I was having to many "last meals" lol!!!' Going good list 7lbs so far!!! So glad that I found this app. Many blessings everyone!!!

I am scheduled for February 18th. Good luck on your journey.

Hi,

I think that I might have posted something in the wrong place. I will try again. I am new to this forum.

I have a date for the 10th Feb and am one week into my 3 week pre op diet and things are going ok. I have mixed feelings about it all but I just want to get on with it now. I am from the UK but we spend a lot of time in the States. In fact we have our next vacation in Hawaii in May. This seems a bit soon really but we had already booked and we couldn't postpone it any longer. I think we will be fine once we are there but the journeys to and from I think will be challenging that soon. We are very used to the long flights from here, however food and drink will be difficult i think. It will be around 3 months post op so hopefully all will be ok. We want to plan a trip following the Mississippi in the Fall but not being in one place will be difficult, or perhaps not 7 months down the line. I think I will wait and see how it goes before we commit ourselves.

Has anyone else got a date near the 10th Feb?

I've got a 14 Feb Date

<p>I've got a 14 Feb Date</p>

Hi Ken, I am scheduled for surgery on February 18th. I am nervous and excited at the same time. I wish you good luck on your journey.

I'm sure it's gonna get me judged, but I start my 2 week liquid diet on Monday, so I've been eating like an a-hole all weekend. It's shameful.

I've been there! Last weekend!

I'm sure it's gonna get me judged, but I start my 2 week liquid diet on Monday, so I've been eating like an a-hole all weekend. It's shameful.

. Started the 2 week diet Tuesday... But I definitely binged the weekend before!

Hi to you all,

Well you all have dates close to mine. I am not on the milk diet thank goodness and I am coping on my version of the diet. No bars but as much as veg as I want and measured amount of meat or fish and 3 pieces of fruit and a little milk.

I hope it goes ok for you all, I am nervous too but want it to be out of the way too.

<p>Hi to you all,</p>

<p>Well you all have dates close to mine. I am not on the milk diet thank goodness and I am coping on my version of the diet. No bars but as much as veg as I want and measured amount of meat or fish and 3 pieces of fruit and a little milk.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I hope it goes ok for you all, I am nervous too but want it to be out of the way too.</p>

Hi clairec, Welcome! I am scheduled for surgery on February 18th. My surgeon wants me to lose 15 pounds before surgery. I have a team meeting/class on February 6th and I will find out if I need to do a pre op diet then. I wish you much good luck on your journey. Please keep me posted on your progress.

<p>Hi to you all,</p>

<p>Well you all have dates close to mine. I am not on the milk diet thank goodness and I am coping on my version of the diet. No bars but as much as veg as I want and measured amount of meat or fish and 3 pieces of fruit and a little milk.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I hope it goes ok for you all, I am nervous too but want it to be out of the way too.</p>

Hi clairec, Welcome! I am scheduled for surgery on February 18th. My surgeon wants me to lose 15 pounds before surgery. I have a team meeting/class on February 6th and I will find out if I need to do a pre op diet then. I wish you much good luck on your journey. Please keep me posted on your progress.

Wow Autumn Breeze, 15 pounds in a month will be a challenge, though easier with some sort of pre op diet I would think. So you will only be a week behind me. I will certainly let you know how it is going, it is good to know someone who will be at a similar stage to me. Thanks for getting in touch and do let me know what happens on the 6th, I have my pre op assessment on the 3rd.

Hi to you all,

Well you all have dates close to mine. I am not on the milk diet thank goodness and I am coping on my version of the diet. No bars but as much as veg as I want and measured amount of meat or fish and 3 pieces of fruit and a little milk.

I hope it goes ok for you all, I am nervous too but want it to be out of the way too.

Wow Autumn Breeze, 15 pounds in a month will be a challenge, though easier with some sort of pre op diet I would think. So you will only be a week behind me. I will certainly let you know how it is going, it is good to know someone who will be at a similar stage to me. Thanks for getting in touch and do let me know what happens on the 6th, I have my pre op assessment on the 3rd.
I already lost 15 pounds.... I started losing the weight in December. The surgeon may require me to lose more when I meet with him on the 6th. It will be nice to keep in touch with someone who is going through the process at a similar time.

It really will be good to be able to share experiences Autumn Breeze. Good luck with the weight loss...

<p>It really will be good to be able to share experiences Autumn Breeze. Good luck with the weight loss...</p>

Good luck on February 3rd.

Edited by Autumn Breeze