Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January Surgery Bandsters?

Day after surgery. I have been taking my liquid pain meds. Which I have to say were ridiculously expensive. They were over $200 without insurance. With my insurance I still paid $62. Which to me is a lot! But it is working, therefore it's worth the cost :) I've kept ice packs on my incision area most of last night and that really seemed to help. I got up several times to do this and that b/c my boyfriend was not supportive of my decision for banding. I felt well enough to do things for myself. I slept good last night and this morning I am starting the day with a cup of tea. We'll see how that goes and advanced from there. Last night I had some chicken broth and a few sugar-free Popsicles. No problem keeping them down. I'm definitely sore this morning in the incision site area and will soon be putting ice pack back on it. No other pains YET. But I'm ready for them when they come. I have my extra strength Gas-x films in the background waiting to be put in action! lol

I was told that I can have salad with Lemon juice and chicken breast' and the Protein Shakes. What do I do but get sushi for dinner cheating. I have lost 4 pounds though. I was just so hungry my body was craving some heavier food. Back on the Wagon tomorrow for a 1/16 Thurs AM surgery. Getting nervous.

Well you learned from it. Plus sushi is a fish and the point of the diet is to be low carb low fat. I can't imagine that sushi has lots of carbs or fat. Now it's out of your system and your ready to stay on track!

Good luck Thursday! Its natural to be nervous. I kept looking at it as a step in the right direction. Most of us made this choice b/c nothing else worked. It is what we have left to try to get the healthier lifestyle we all want, but for whatever reason are unable to attain without an internal tool. See ya on the other side ;)

Thanks everyone!

I'm off to the surgical centre now to become a "Bandster." Nervous and excited.

TTYL

I cleared all the pre-op checks yesterday and I report to Surgery early Friday Morning 17 Jan. I am anxious and excited. I am very anxious about keeping up with all the lifestyale changes that are required. But I have done pretty well through all the prep for surgery. I also have a number of minor stomach issues that could meke things a bit more complicated, so that makes me a little nervous. I am looking forward to getting this weight off my knees and adopting an eatting lifestyle that will benefit both myself and my husband as he is diabetic and I do the cooking.

I cleared all the pre-op checks yesterday and I report to Surgery early Friday Morning 17 Jan. I am anxious and excited. I am very anxious about keeping up with all the lifestyale changes that are required. But I have done pretty well through all the prep for surgery. I also have a number of minor stomach issues that could meke things a bit more complicated, so that makes me a little nervous. I am looking forward to getting this weight off my knees and adopting an eatting lifestyle that will benefit both myself and my husband as he is diabetic and I do the cooking.

Best of luck to all January bandsters!! Remember: the first few weeks are the hardest and diet is important! Stick to your Clear Liquids and only move on when it's time and most importantly: LISTEN to your body! No one knows your body like you do- if you feel like you need to stay on liquids for longer, do it! In the grand scheme of things, you might miss food for a few days longer, but it's better than progressing too quickly and hurting yourself!

And remember: you have a huge community of people here willing to talk anytime and answer your questions, so don't be afraid to ask! I am glad that I found this forum, but man am I bummed I didn't find it this time last year!

Good luck to all! Congratulations on a new beginning :)

Well, tomorrow I will be 50 years old and I have my final pre-op Dr. appt. Surgery is scheduled for January 22,. I'm a bag of nerves but I'm hoping to be 80 lbs lighter by my 51st birthday..

Slink, you can be the one to head up the February group!! A few days won't make that big of a difference. Soon we will all be in the banded club. :)

You guys are my new heros1

Hi.. I was booked for Jan 22. I postponed the date. I don't know... but I feel fearful about it. Now Im just frustrated again...

Hi.. I was booked for Jan 22. I postponed the date. I don't know... but I feel fearful about it. Now Im just frustrated again...

Hope things work out ok.

Well, tomorrow I will be 50 years old and I have my final pre-op Dr. appt. Surgery is scheduled for January 22,. I'm a bag of nerves but I'm hoping to be 80 lbs lighter by my 51st birthday..

I am right behind you. Mine is on January 27.

Angielika, this is a decision only you can make. Take the time to look at what you have done in the past and see what your results were and where things went wrong. Are there things you could do to improve past strategies? Or is the band your best solution to solve your issues? Take the time to weigh your options. For me, I feel the band (which I'm scheduled for the 27th) is my best option. I could loose the weight in a conventional manner, but it would take the better part of 3 or 4 years to do so (based on past attempts). I am ready to start my new life. Sure I'm afraid and nervous of all the unknowns and what ifs. But this is a way for me to re-learn how to eat.

Best of luck, this is a hard decision.

Alvey