Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January Surgery Bandsters?

Hi all, I'm new to the site but I read a lot of posts on here before my surgery. I think the positivity of everyone on here made it a lot less scary going into surgery yesterday. I love how we all support each other. Best wishes to all of you who will be banded soon.

I'm on day 3 of pre op diet and Protein Shakes make me hungry not full. Frustrating.

• Band date is set for Jan 22, 2014 Currently on day 3 of this 14 day Protein Shake and veggie nightmare diet. I didn't think I would be able to survive on this pre-op diet, so I started 1 week early with Atkins shakes and a light meal at dinner. I have been reading all the positive posts on this site and I cannot wait until my surgery date. Looking forward to a better healthier life. Good luck to everyone

I'm on day 3 of pre op diet and Protein Shakes make me hungry not full. Frustrating.

I'm on day 4 of three shakes a day. I have learned to drink them slowly. It takes me a half hour to 45 minutes to drink it. When done I wait 15 minutes and drink 12 oz of Water. This helps with the hunger pang. Good Luck!

I dont know why some ppl have pre op diets and others dont? My surgeon did not require a special diet.they just recomment low cal count so its easier to deal with post surgery. suprisingly so far im not even hungry.

Yeah I was trying to figure that out myself. It could be that some ppl have. Fatty lover so they want it a bit smaller come surgery time so that there aren't any problems

My doctor only said I needed to do 3 days of pre-op diet. liquid diet 2 and 3 days out with one solid meal, and only liquids day before surgery. I'm going to start a little earlier though, I'll start exchanging meals for liquid meals starting Wednesday or Thursday this week. At least that's my plan.

Hi. I'm booked for Jan 22. I'm still wavering on my decision. Last minute fears I guess. I do not have insurance and I am paying 16000 out of pocket. But that's not the main reason. Just feeling nervous. But I'm exhausted of dieting and feeling hungry for the last 35 years.

I am like you Angelika. I am wavering as well and I am a Jan. 22 date too.

I was just like you two, so so nervous and was also paying out of my own pocket.

Am now 1 week post surgery, feel a million times better and 10lbs down since first appointment and 12lbs down on highest weight about two weeks ago.

Honestly, do it. You won't regret it. I had done every diet known to man. Had a PT twice a week, the lot and it still didn't shift. So for me this was that end of the line, taking care of it once and for all thing.

Good luck for your surgery but you have to do what makes you happy at the end of the day. Sometimes taking a short term risk is worth the long term gains?

I'm so glad I got on sight this morning, I was feeling very nervous and unsure of every thing. I will be having my surgery in 3 days. WoW....Came faster than I thought it would. But reading all the comments, knowing what I'm going through is exactly the same as some of you...I don't feel so CRAZY. Seriously, its comforting knowing its a normal thing to worry, second guess yourself, be nervous...all these feelings are ok. I've made a decision (and a GREAT one) to make my life better and I will stick to my guns. So, I will go drink my Protein Shake, and be thankful! :P

I had my surgery thursday and so far i am doing well.not starving like i thot i wuld be... Mostly i am light headed which culd be a mixture of meds, hypoglycemia, liquid diet, etc. i walk around the house periodically and try to sip fluids constantly. Yesterday i only had 60 fl oz... But my urine is really light. Hard to get all the liquid in when u have to sip slowly? (120cc/hr). I may try to sip a little more and c how i.feel

Thank you everyone for your responses. I feel better knowing you are all out there for support. I have only shared this with one friend til now. Feels good.

Good luck Angelique my surgery will be about a week after yours on the 27th. I am not also nervous about the whole thing, but I'm ready for it.

Omgoodness I'm in the pre open waiting room. Excited scared all at once :)