Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January Surgery Bandsters?

My surgery date is Jan. 15! I am super excited and a little nervous as well. I am from the St. Louis area

Slinkielovin,

Thanks for the support! I am more excited about the surgery and the results than anything. I'm ready to start a new life!

Hi everyone,
I'm a 41 year old man being banded on January 27th. I'm excited to begin my new life, but nervous at the same time that it won't work for me. I have had trouble with my weight my entire life and nothing has seemed to work in the long term. In choosing the band, I liked the fact that if for some reason I fell off the wagon my doctor could tighten me up and we could start over again.

If you go into it with a negative point of view nothing is going to work for you think positive!!! You can do this!!! Have faith this is going to be the last thing you are ever going to have to do to control your weight! Use your tools and stay patient! Fallow the rules and stay calm!!! You can def do this I believe in you!!!

It is good to see another guy going through this, relatively at the same time. I'm looking forward to the surgery and even more to the life to follow. Let me know how you progress!

<p>Hi everyone,</p> <p>I'm a 41 year old man being banded on January 27th. I'm excited to begin my new life, but nervous at the same time that it won't work for me. I have had trouble with my weight my entire life and nothing has seemed to work in the long term. In choosing the band, I liked the fact that if for some reason I fell off the wagon my doctor could tighten me up and we could start over again. </p>

Finally another guy in January! I got banded a couple days ago and feel great about where this is gonna go. Just stay true to what your surgeon tells you and you'll lose the weight.

Loving the positivity on this thread. Just think come February we'll all be banded and hearing all those pounds and kilos drop off each other.

How often is everyone planning on weighing themselves? I was going to go with once a week or at my dr appointment. Last time I lost a tonne of weight I got a wee bit obsessed with the scales and I don't want that to happen again. Also still trying to figure out my final goal. Do you have yours?

It is good to see another guy going through this, relatively at the same time. I'm looking forward to the surgery and even more to the life to follow. Let me know how you progress!

you'll see man. Another thing you have on your side is that men drop weight like Water. Three days post op and honestly 6 down already no working out

My date is set for jan 22. How old are you all? Maybe we can tell each other our stories and be there for each other as we embark in this journey?

My lapband surgery is scheduled for the 21st. I'm 27 years old. I think it's a great idea to share our stories and support each other.

I just got my date! I asked for Jan 16th so I could have a long Martin Luther weekend to recover. I got my date...whoo hoo! I wanted to connect with others for this time frame. So excited can't wait.

Hi msirish my surgery is going to be on the 21st so not too long after yours. Congrats and good luck.

I'm Amanda. I'm 26, turning 27 on the 20th. The band is a very happy birthday present to me. I was banded on Wednesday the 8th, so I'm 2 days post op. I started at 272, and was down to about 265 on surgery day. My pre op diet was just 2 shakes and 2 high Protein low carb low calorie meals. Post op is uncomfortable, but certainly not unbearable. I checked in to the surgery center at 6am, and we were checking out by 11am.

My husband and parents were there with me. I don't think what you're doing really sinks in until post op. But I'm really happy to have finally made a positive change. Now I'm ready to stop feeling so full and gassy. I went to full liquids today, but I think I'm going to go back to thin for a few more days, until more of the gas dissipates. Heating pad helps referred shoulder or neck pain.

Good luck to everybody who's so close!

Congrats to all those who've been banded already this month. I'm super excited for Tuesday. So excited that I'm finding the pre-op diet (I'm on 5 Boost Diabetic shakes/day and that's it) to be relatively easy at this point!

As of this morning I've lost 10.6 pounds on the pre-op diet! My boyfriend says he notices it around my middle already. I know that as I start eating again, the weight won't come off as quickly, but it's definitely motivating right now :)

Cheers!

Loving the positivity on this thread. Just think come February we'll all be banded and hearing all those pounds and kilos drop off each other. <br><br> How often is everyone planning on weighing themselves? I was going to go with once a week or at my dr appointment. Last time I lost a tonne of weight I got a wee bit obsessed with the scales and I don't want that to happen again. Also still trying to figure out my final goal. Do you have yours?

I'm excited for all of us. I was thinking either once a week, every 2 weeks or at the doctors. Im not just gonna weigh myself though I'm going to take my measurements to. Sometimes the scale doesn't move like the inches do. My final goal will be 140-145. I'm thinking of doing some that stones thing where you put one in for each pound.

Loving the positivity on this thread. Just think come February we'll all be banded and hearing all those pounds and kilos drop off each other.

How often is everyone planning on weighing themselves? I was going to go with once a week or at my dr appointment. Last time I lost a tonne of weight I got a wee bit obsessed with the scales and I don't want that to happen again. Also still trying to figure out my final goal. Do you have yours?

I'm so happy that this is working out for everyone!! Really I can't wait to get mine! Blast them for canceling lol. Still hoping for the 21st as my redo date!

I see my regular dietitian every two weeks and will be getting weighed then, and at every doc apt. I have to be careful because I get a little obsessed with the scales too, I really hope that doesn't happen again after surgery. :-s

I do have a final goal but for some reason I really find it hard to admit. Like because this is the net I can get away with being a smaller weight, when in reality I'm still all fat and gross :((. But I plan on being truthful and anyone that tracks my weight loss should be able to tell what I started at. I have confidence that once I get down to my goal I'm going to have the self esteem I need to say lots of things I can't right now!

Hey

I'm getting ready to have the procedure done literally ..... Within the next hour, I'll be a banded individual... Am anxious scared and excited as I'm seating on the hospital bed.... Just think by the end of today it will be over..... Please pray for me as I'm about to take this operation,..

I'll keep you all posted... Fingers crossed

Hey

I'm getting ready to have the procedure done literally ..... Within the next hour, I'll be a banded individual... Am anxious scared and excited as I'm seating on the hospital bed.... Just think by the end of today it will be over..... Please pray for me as I'm about to take this operation,..

I'll keep you all posted... Fingers crossed

Very excited for you and praying for you while your in.!!! Stay safe and dream happy thoughts!!!