Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January Surgery Bandsters?

BTW congratulations!!

Congrats to everyone who's been banded already! I'm scheduled for the 14th - one week away and I am READY!

I've lost just over 5 pounds on my pre-op diet. Hope that's a good number for me!

I found out today that I finally made the January Bandsters list. My date is January 27. I am so excited. I have told two of my sisters what is happening. They are invovled in getting me to surgery. Lisa is responsible to help me get the things I need for the hospital and home. Anna is responsible to be my hospital buddy. Glad I have them to help me.

Hi again, I feel like I have made the cheerleaders squad since I joined bariatric pal! Go Team!! WIN, WIN, WIN...but to win we have to lose.

I live in the St. Louis area and am the oldest lap bander...I just turned 70! You are so lucky that you are having surgery so young. I'm sure it will save your hips and knees, etc. I feel younger just thinking about losing weight. My hips and knees and back are also Cheering me on.

GO TEAM!

Hi again, I feel like I have made the cheerleaders squad since I joined bariatric pal! Go Team!! WIN, WIN, WIN...but to win we have to lose.

I live in the St. Louis area and am the oldest lap bander...I just turned 70! You are so lucky that you are having surgery so young. I'm sure it will save your hips and knees, etc. I feel younger just thinking about losing weight. My hips and knees and back are also Cheering me on.

GO TEAM!

MemeBear, I feel the same way! It is awesome how everyone can come together and support each other with our common goals in mind. And as far as age is concerned, hopefully the lap-band will be just the right tool to help us all live longer and happier lives!

Memebear, welcome! I too am from to St Louis area, no matter the age it just matters that we all are wanting to better our lives!!

To everyone else-glad to hear that you're coming along so nicely. I'm still waiting for approval from my insurance company but finally spoke with a supervisor today and she stated I should have a final answer no later than this Friday :-) so still hope I can be a January bandit!!!

Hello. So I get in the OR and the nurse tells me she's gonna hook me up to a mask. It was the c pap machine and it was a super tight one. You keep it on the whole time until they give you the medicine to go under. They then intibated me.

OHIO GIRL How are you doing today?

Hi All- I did make a new forum posting in the Post Op side for "Jan Bandsters" I hope you find it and make your way over there when you all get banded. I will certainly check in after my band date on the 16th. I will be starting my liquids on the 9th. Best of luck to you all. You are all a real inspiration!

Going in for my Pre-Op visit with the doctor this morning...Dr. Kennedy is such a great doctor. Will be officially starting my 7 day liquid diet tomorrow the 9th....surgery on Jan. 16...I'm getting NERVOUS

I am banded. All that stress over losing weight and they didn't even weigh me. I'm super sleepy, but the only pain is some gas pain in my tummy. Just finishing up my Water, then I'm going home!

I am banded. All that stress over losing weight and they didn't even weigh me. I'm super sleepy, but the only pain is some gas pain in my tummy. Just finishing up my Water, then I'm going home!

Congratulations!!! Keep us posted on your recovery & take good care of yourself :)

It's so relieving to see that everyone is anticipating their surgery just like I am! It's good to not feel so alone!

I am getting banded on Jan 31, and I have to start my liquid diet on the 23. Good luck to all :).