Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January Surgery Bandsters?

New Years new life. Getting banded on Jan 7th. Have you all decided/ found a Protein supplement you enjoy?

I just bought (but have not received) powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein. I did tons of research and from the reviews I read it looks like the best one for me. I got the sample pack. Unfortunately I did not order it soon enough b/c it looks like it won't be here until the 2nd and my op date is the 6th. My physician gave me foods to eat and if I wanted then I could add a Protein shake. I know after surgery I will definitely need the shakes.

What is great about Unjury is that it is lactose free. Also they have one that has no flavor you can just add it to Tomato juice or Soup, whatever you. Very low carbs 1 or 2 and tons of protein, between 20 and 25 with about 100 calories. I got the starter pack so I could try all the flavors.

Just started my pre-op diet today. This is becoming real!!

I just started a thread for after you get your surgery for us January 2014 Bandsters Group. It is on the "post-op" side. We will look for you there and hope to hear your experiences. Support awaits :) X

Edited by msirish

Have to say I'm getting a little nervous. Thought I would get my pre op appt with doctor scheduled this week & I haven't heard anything. Hmmmm...

I am waiting as well. Think I'll call tomorrow and see what happening.

@ RSifers - I also feel like this is going to be the challenge of a lifetime! I'm nervous, but excited and hopeful also.

Have you January bandsters been telling people? I've been telling lots of friends and family about the procedure. The more people that know about my surgery, the more people I have in my "army" to support me.

I'm going on vacation in a couple days, and at the end of my vacation I start the pre-op diet. What a start to the new year!

Just waiting for my date.

I also will get the lap band on this day as well.

Hope my date is close to yours.

I think this site is a great one to ask questions on & to get answers to your questions but you have to be in the rt forum

Yes it is a good way to find out things

I haven't received my date yet but I was told January. I'm excited but looking forward too.

I am waiting also.

I am so glad there are others here that are scheduled or waiting for their Jan date. This is soreal to me. I can't wait and pray I am doing the right thing and everything turns out ok. Good to have others for support.

I agree with you.

Six days away from surgery. Had my appt with surgeon today. Asked about including plication with the banding. He told me it is not an approved practice in the United States and tons of other information. He says to do a true plication several blood vessels are cut in the stomach area and that it is a much more intensive surgery than the banding. When he talked about the cutting of blood vessels my desire for the procedure was disregarded. I wish it was a less invasive process as I hear several people on this forum benefit from plication at the time of banding. My surgeon does not feel it is appropriate for me. He said maybe someone who sits in a wheelchair through out the day or has other serious health conditions that require them to be sedentary. Interesting. What this means to me is that I will have to be on my A game even more and I can expect the Bandster Hell many peeps talk about.

The pre-op diet is challenging. I am able to eat regular foods, just a low carb diet, which is great. But I will tell you I want the candy, the Cookies, the icecream, the bread to go with my tuna. I want to eat foods I can't have right now and it is a challenge to not give in. It makes me question if I am making the right decision to get the band. Can I realistically make the lifestyle changes necessary to make the band work for me. At this time I am telling myself yes. I hope I am right.

I start my pre-op diet the day after tomorrow! I think I'm more nervous about the pre-op than actually getting the band. Anyone else starting pre-op diets in the next couple of days? Any strategies for easing hunger during pre-op? I am stocked up on Vitamin Water Zero, and will get some diet soda as well.

I start my pre-op on the 9th for the 16th surgery. All liquid and yogurt allowed. I know that I shold not complain bc it is a week and I have the luxury of yogurt.

I plan on lots of Soup and buying "isopure" and "unjury" for my Protein.

Hello troupes!

Well just had my final pre-surgery consultation, met the anesthesiologist (sp?) and had bloods done. Am also going to pay for them to test my thyroid profile too as I am curious to know exactly what is going on in my blood and hormones. Pre-op diet started and am currently chugging away some chicken noodle Soup. I have been given a very slack list of just yoghurt, broth and if I feel hungry - cucumbers...although i can have as much of any of these as I want.

Need to pick up some Protein shakes, although I have a really good tub of chocolate Protein powder already which is only about 100cals a glass and 3g of carbs.and 20g of Protein. So I'll finish this one perhaps before buying more.

Surgery is at 10am on Saturday, which as most of you are USA based, means it will be all done by the time you get online so I can hopefully fill you in on everything - what it feels like, the pain, the procedure etc etc. Not going to lie, I am nervous. The idea of having surgery still seems drastic to me, but its necessary and the results are going to be brilliant.

How is everyone else feeling in the run up to surgery? DP x

Six more days till surgery I'm so excited I could burst! My kids are a little nervousness thanks to my sister and that kinda burned my bubble a bit… but am still really proud of myself and excited!